The Official 'The Dark Knight Rises' Spoiler Discussion Thread...

Associate
I enjoyed it. Of the three, DK is the best of the lot, DKR is second - but there is a bit of a gulf inbetween.

Some things didn't gel for me. Such as...

The Robin gag at the end. Robin's name wasn't really Robin. It's Dick Grayson so the joke doesn't really work. I know what they are trying to do, but didn't quite pull it off for me.

How the hell did Bruce Wayne get back into the city? He had no equipment outside, no friends outside, just himself - and we saw all routes summarily blocked. Special Ops got in as well, but that was presumably with police/army support... so how did he do it?

Talking of equipment, where did Catwoman get her stuff from at the end? I know she used Batman's bike, but her mask and specifically Catwoman-esque headgear? Surely Bruce didn't have those in stock just on the off chance...

Associate
Surely the reason that Batman started as a "cripple" was because of the 8 years of inactivity?

Also Bale/Nolan said that they would never have a Robin character in their movies (too campy and silly) so I thought their use of JGL was fantastic and really wove a sidekick in in a way I've never seen in a comic book movie before.

Could have done with more Michael Caine. She was only fifteen etc etc

EDIT: also WB have already announced that they will reboot it, so perhaps Nolan decided to give them a guide on where to begin from? JGL as Batman in a new origin story, sort of a revised Year One? Many buys!

Last edited:
Associate
I loved it... every second of it.

The ending was almost perfect but like others I would have liked just ending on Alfred.

People talking about Robin... how about Nightwing?

Associate
Watched it last night and thought this movie was over rated.

It tried to be serious movie but there were far too many cheese and over dramatized scenes.

That mass brawl scene at the end with everyone fist fighting in the street! Do you take that seriously or just laugh?

Soldato
Just seen it, loved it. Found Bane hard to understand at some points but managed to follow it. Going to see it again next week and expect to enjoy it even more :)

Soldato
I think the street fist fight, and some of the cop deaths where it cut aware and then returned to a body on the groudn were clearly done for the beneft of the rating system.
It is probably also why scarecrow had sucha limited arsenal for his execution style duties. Death or death by exile or Exile.
It wasn't dark enough in parts for me, but i did really enjoy the film

The rich lassie as one of Bane's people I spotted from her opening scene, the twist being she was the kid, as throughout the movie I was sat thinking how could a kid escape if Bane face was done in prison, glad it got explained away.

I like Mr cop chap and how it left him, the robin thing simply a nod, no reason he can't rain up and stick on the batsuit if required now. Bale is gone, door might be open, but doubt he would return.

How did they explain how Bruce Wayne died?
I must have missed that, only a select few knew he was batman, and everyone assumed batman died, so how did they explain away Bruce? Killed in the madness?

Caporegime
I loved it, not quite as good as TDK but then what is? Anne Hathaway was just excellent as Selina, really impressed with her.

My main disappointments:

I think I probably missed about a quarter of Bane's lines. It is just ridiculously difficult to understand a character when you can't see their mouth.

I'm glad they did Talia, I'm disappointed they did Talia so badly.

We won't get any more. I want to see how JGL's character develops, I want to see more :(

Aye I didn't really like what they did with JGL's character either, every Batman fan knows that Robin is either Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake or Damien Wayne

Nightwing is Dick Grayson though

Nonsense, you have to understand the films are a separate entity. Did Raz train Batman? No of course he didn't.

Soldato
My biggest disappointment in the entire cinema experience today was the M&Ms advert they played prior to the film, showing clips of the mofo film, just WTF were they thinking. Never buying M&Ms again, ever.

Caporegime
No of course not, he's the main character. You can see why they didn't follow the comics though can't you? I mean where's the thrill if you know the story? If they'd named him Grayson we would have known immediately. I see no harm with changing one small detail if it's keeping to the spirit of the story.

Soldato
I can see what you're saying but all they had to do at the end is rather than revealing his Christian name is Robin (lol) say it's Dick/Tim then and let us put 2 & 2 together that way

Back
Top Bottom