*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
December's GWG --> http://news.xbox.com/2015/11/24/close-out-an-awesome-year-with-decembers-games-with-gold/

* The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing ($14.99 ERP): Available from December 1-31 on Xbox One

* Thief ($29.99 ERP): Available from December 16-January 15 on Xbox One

* CastleStorm ($9.99 ERP): Available from December 1-15 on Xbox 360

* Sacred 3 ($19.99 ERP): Available from December 16-31 on Xbox 360

* Bonus: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising ($9.99 ERP): Available from December 16-31 on Xbox 360

Soldato
Is there any reason to get a 1TB version over the 500GB one?

When the drive gets filled up by say a dozen games, can you just plug in a 2GB passport USB3 powered external drive, and voila?

Associate
Is there any reason to get a 1TB version over the 500GB one?

When the drive gets filled up by say a dozen games, can you just plug in a 2GB passport USB3 powered external drive, and voila?

No real need for the 1TB drive, unless it is the Elite Console with SSD or whatever the drive is.

I have the launch console and a 2TB drive. It works flawlessly.

Soldato
No real need for the 1TB drive, unless it is the Elite Console with SSD or whatever the drive is.

I have the launch console and a 2TB drive. It works flawlessly.

Thanks! I'll get the 500GB version then and plug in a 2TB USB 3 passport drive when required :)

The Elite hybrid unit looks interesting, but can't say the extra speed will interest my son much, especially for all that extra money. And I've always been worried about adding more complexity to hard disks in the shape of hybrids as its more to go wrong!

On another question. If we've already got an XBox live account for a 360, I assume that cannot be shared/used with the XBone as well? So we'll need another account!

Soldato
Oh, got a new dash in that update, nice and clean but gonna take some getting used to.

Edit: Anyone know where the EA Access app is now? I can't find it.

Ah found it, at the bottom.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
Been hoping for some cheap external drives on the river place sales as I'm close to using up my 500GB. Saw one the other day but it was only £10 of rrp.

Soldato
I believe it can be shared and you can be online on both consoles at the same time. Not 100% though.

You can log on one of each console at the same time and pc as well.

But if you fire up a backwards compatible ga e on the one it will log you off the other 360.

If you log into more than one console it logs you out of the other which is why I had to disable Kinect sign in on the one in the living room in the you cause it would log me off in my office if I went down stairs and it saw me.

Family accounts don't get live access except on the home console either so my wife can only use the home console in the living room.

It all works pretty well actually.

POB

POB

Soldato
I can see myself having to get a PS4 as well but right now Xbox seems a better bet.

Is there anything to watch out for when buying a Xbox One? No new models or die shrinks etc etc.

Would the controller with the 3.5mm port ship in the box now?

Lastly would the bluray playback stream to my Surface Pro? Or is it just for game streaming.

Or if not would the 3.5mm port on a wireless controller work with bluray playback?

Soldato
I can see myself having to get a PS4 as well but right now Xbox seems a better bet.

Is there anything to watch out for when buying a Xbox One? No new models or die shrinks etc etc.

Would the controller with the 3.5mm port ship in the box now?

Lastly would the bluray playback stream to my Surface Pro? Or is it just for game streaming.

Or if not would the 3.5mm port on a wireless controller work with bluray playback?

The console is the same, only difference now is the 500gb version, 1TB or Elite SSHD 1TB versions, with or without Kinect.

All controllers now should ship with the 3.5 jack.

Streaming is basically whatever is happening directly on the XO screen, so don't see why not. Both picture and sound.

Back
Top Bottom