1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by peahead, Jan 5, 2014.

1. A[L]C

Soldato

I like my hyperx Cloud cans. Didn't go for the version 2 as that only has a usb sound card and no in line volume controls.

2. cu3ed

Capodecina

I got these from the "used" part, nothing wrong and like brand new and fulfilled by Amazon.
    They come with the adaptor, you can mix the game sound and the mic right on the pad, how loud the sounds are over chats, and overall volume of each, very very happy with them.
    They plug into the controller, so not other cable other than that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00D96BMV8/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

3. richyfingers

Wise Guy

Heard decent things about the MS stereo headset. I just picked up a pair of Hyperx Cloud 2 headphones, they are brilliant, excellent sq, extremely comfy and soild construction. Just plugs into the controller so no mass of wires. You'll need to buy the stereo adaptor seperately if you have the launch edition controller though as it doesn't come with.

What's your budget?

4. NeilF

Capodecina

I can see the Turtle Beach Ear Force XO on there for £29.99?

5. cu3ed

Capodecina

I wouldn't know about them sorry, I could only speak of the ones I have.

6. Warp279

Wise Guy

Got rid of my 500GB.. bought the 1TB Elite.

[​IMG]

The amount of customisation for the controller is awesome.

7. maj

Wise Guy

Wasn't sure whether to create a new thread or not but anyone use or used kontrolfreeks? There are too many choices to pick from. I've no idea if I want really tall ones or ones where one stick will be higher than the other. I don't know anywhere I can test them beforehand either so I order right ones.

8. RedStarRiot

Mobster

I've noticed that since the Dashboard update that I no longer receive achievement notifications on screen once unlocked. They are unlocking that they appear in my notification bar.

Anybody got advice?

9. Phog

Mobster

They're really for high performance players or if you feel the controller is desperately uncomfortable from the height / feel of your stick (giggity). I've played with a variety and overall I couldn't confidently say they improved my aim/play at all... But others may disagree! I didn't have the patience to scientifically test the performance gain.

10. Mr Jones

Capodecina

You tried restarting the Xbox from settings / notification bar (assuming you have yours on Always On mode?)

I've not got that issue since joining the Preview.

11. maj

Wise Guy

I find the controller gives me rather painful cramps in my hand when playing after a certain period (say an hour) and was recommend to give them a try to see if it helped.

12. RedStarRiot

Mobster

Yeah, got always on mode enabled. I'll give that a try, cheers :)

13. antijoke

Caporegime

I use the standard cqc's on my PS4 pad (swapped to XO thumbsticks so they work on both controllers which is a bonus) and I've found it does improve my aiming.

14. jamesy505

Wise Guy

I only get sporadic notifications, mainly Tomb Raider.

I think for SW Battlefront they have been ok

15. kiteloopy

Mobster

Got the "Collective Minds Hard Drive Enclosure" for the Xbone last week.

Effectivtly its a little side strip that connects to the USB3 port on the left hand side of the XBONE. Offeres three forward facing USB3 ports and a HDD within it.

yet to put one of my spare HDD's in but its a very clever little thing. Its on the forest.

Got is because i was sick of having rocksmith cable hanging out the side of the device.

16. cu3ed

Capodecina

So this is looking very interesting!

17. Mr Jones

Capodecina

I'll never need a new brand of bleach for reading material in the toilet if I get a Hololens!

18. melmac

Sgarrista

That does look interesting and I don't know why but I am really looking forward to the release of hololens more than any of the other VR type glasses.

19. Mr Jones

Capodecina

I am too.
    As geeky as it may initially look, it'll be more useful to wear as a day to day item rather than a 1 off scenario, e.g. Oculus Rift with total 3D immersion.

20. maj

Wise Guy

Might have already been mentioned but Rocket League coming to XB1 in February. Basic concept but looks so much fun. ARK coming soon too iirc.