*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
You need a Sky Go Extra subscription which I think is £5 per month, I could be wrong.

...but I do know you get Sky Go Extra & therefore Sky Go on XB1 free if you have a Multiscreen subscription.

All nice... But I can't justify the extra £ in my case :(

I remember when Sky Go was free on the XBox 360!

Soldato
My XB1 is flying now!

Removed everything inc apps form the OS drive (0.6%) used
Moved everything onto my new 960gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (mounted externally).
Now have my old Removeable 1TB USB3 drive as Spare attached also so a total of about 2.48TB.

Fallout is much improved even on top of the removable drive, Battlefront runs smooth as, and the loading times in Forza seem much lower, Maybe even half as long on some tracks.

The OS seems to be more spritely too seeing as nothing is on that disk anymore

Last edited:
Soldato
My XB1 is flying now!

Removed everything inc apps form the OS drive (0.6%) used
Moved everything onto my new 960gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD.
Now have my old Removeable 1TB USB3 drive as Spare attached also so a total of about 2.48TB.

Fallout is much improved even onto of the removable drive, Battlefront runs smooth as, and the loading times in Forza seem much lower, Maybe even half as long on some tracks.

The OS seems to be more spritely too seeing as nothing is on that disk anymore

youve installed a ssd into a xbox one?

Associate
How do you connect a SATA III SSD to USB, is there some kind of adapter/cable you use? I looked at 1TB external SSDs with USB 3.0 but you're talking £300+

Edit: You're still looking at £250 for an internal 1TB SSD. Seems crazy to spend that much for expanded storage on a Xbox One and for slightly faster game loading times.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you connect a SATA III SSD to USB, is there some kind of adapter/cable you use? I looked at 1TB external SSDs with USB 3.0 but you're talking £300+

Edit: You're still looking at £250 for an internal 1TB SSD. Seems crazy to spend that much for expanded storage on a Xbox One and for slightly faster game loading times.

The SSD was £140 (Rainforest Lightening deal) and the cable £7 so the whole thing was
£147.

Plus I figure a 1tb (nearly) SSD will always be a useful thing.
The cable I bought was this, Although I bought it from a competitor for the price above.
http://www.startech.com/uk/HDD/Adapters/USB-3-SATA-adapter-cable-with-UASP~USB3S2SAT3CB

Soldato
Just remeber that the Xbox One does not support Trim so as the drive fills up it will slow down significantly and the chances of errors will become higher.

Yeah i'm aware of that, Not sure how much of an issue that really is but time will tell.

Kinda hoping they enable trim support at some stage.

Associate
Apologies for taking this off topic, looking at an xbox one but still have a few 360 games knocking about.

Is it still the case of waiting for votes for a game to be ported to xbox one for support or is it just the case most 360 games now work under emulation?

Associate
Apologies for taking this off topic, looking at an xbox one but still have a few 360 games knocking about.

Is it still the case of waiting for votes for a game to be ported to xbox one for support or is it just the case most 360 games now work under emulation?

It really just seems to be a case of as & when they announce they're backwards compatible (I'm still waiting for RDR). Only the titles on the list will work

Associate
It really just seems to be a case of as & when they announce they're backwards compatible (I'm still waiting for RDR). Only the titles on the list will work

Thanks for that, I got a lot of Japanese Bullet Hell region free imports and was wanting to play Afro Samurai again but the 360 was on its last legs when I boxed it up a little while back.

Associate
I installed a 2TB inside my XB1 about a year ago. I know it's slower than having it USB but I just wanted to see if I could do it for the fun of it. 2TB is now full for a while and seems to be running away fine still. Have the original 500gb from it running externally now for extra games until I need another 2TB.

Back
Top Bottom