The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I love Twitter it enables righteous pile ons so that the unclean can be bullied into submission for questioning the true faith.

Musk should be stopped at all costs if their is any risk he will undermines the holy cause.

Commissario
I'm just reading some replies on the thread and I don't quite understand some peoples position.

It seems to be anti-Musk.

So does that mean you like Twitter as it is now?

People can't be on both sides of the conversation.
You certainly can be.

You can dislike two things at the same time.

For example I can think Musk is a spoiled man baby who likes to get his own way and throws tantrums.
I can also think that large parts of Twitter are a cess pit.

I can then also think that putting a man baby who uses Twitter to throw allegations at people when they call out his stupidity/lack of knowledge on a subject is not magically going to make Twitter any better. An oipinion that seems to be getting reinforced by the manner in which Musk seems to be increasingly showing he has little or no knowledge of how twitter works, let alone realistic ideas on how to do what he said he'd do (and ironically it's probably harder than than "rocket science"*).

This isn't "do you like dogs" where the answer is pretty much yes or now, it's more "do you like dogs" and "do you like cats" (or maybe more accurately "do you dislike dogs" and "do you dislike cats").

*I can't remember where I read it, but I remember a Rocket Scientist describing it as basically just being good with numbers and willing to keep throwing time/money at it until you get the right one. I think it was in reference to building a rocket compared to dealing with the human side of the project/the law and Twitter is very much about the "human" side of things (and not just a few humans, but millions of them) and laws.

Caporegime
Where as the stuff on the left is

We want health care for all, fair wages, equal rights, lgbt rights, help for communities that need it, wen for the right to choice what they do with their body etc,

LOL sure, Apex has clearly never seen nor heard of tankies, marists, the various TRA types who send death threats to the likes of JK Rowling or post picks with their junk out under posts of children's artwork for her illustration competitions.

I don't think anyone has an issue with people calling for healthcare for all on social media whether they agree with the positon or not, you're just repeating some bizarre false equivalence that has been parrotted by some celebs on social media.

LOL sure, Apex has clearly never seen nor heard of tankies, marists, the various TRA types who send death threats to the likes of JK Rowling or post picks with their junk out under posts of children's artwork for her illustration competitions.

I don't think anyone has an issue with people calling for healthcare for all on social media whether they agree with the positon or not, you're just repeating some bizarre false equivalence that has been parrotted by some celebs on social media.
True

I don't see much content from the extreme left, but why would I? Its not something I follow nor is it that much an issue. When it happens, those on the left do get banned/suspended, as do those on the right, but it's the right moaning about just their voices being blocked, when it's only the voice of those that are extreme on the right that are suspended.

What I see from the left (in America) is what comes from the guy in charge, and that is what I listed as a left thing. There are also extremes to the right, but the right doesn't seem to have a position these days that aren't extreme. You've mentioned what the left also want, but didn't refute any of the points I made about what the right talk about, nor what I wrote about the jk Rowling bit in reply to the daft comment the user I was quoting had wrote.

Caporegime
OP
Lol ironic you see this as good news yet their share price is tanking.

How is that ironic? I am not a shareholder so why would I care what their share price is? :confused:

And yes their share price has been going down because of the cost of living crisis resulting in reduced subscriptions, not Dave Chappelle.

Man of Honour
Meh plenty of people just as bad on the left, they just tend to use different methods, often less direct - usually ganging up on people and sniping from the bastion of the "moral high ground". Twitter is generally an absolute cesspit from both the left and right when you drop down into the comments on many subjects.

Caporegime
I'm just reading some replies on the thread and I don't quite understand some peoples position.

I agree. I don't like Musk and some of things he does and I dont like twitter, I think its a sewer full of **** and the worst social media there is worse than FB.

SO kinda glad if they want to go out and trash each other or get into bed with each other.

Soldato

I think you are confusing people that think Musk is an ******* with everything else.
Very simplified reason as to why their share price has gone down.
lol Its Energize for gods sake.
I genuinely enjoy my time on Twitter, tbh. Dunno why everyone hates it so much. Need to curate your timelines better I suspect
Some people dont like the left having a voice it would seem.

V F

V F

Soldato
True

I don't see much content from the extreme left, but why would I? Its not something I follow nor is it that much an issue. When it happens, those on the left do get banned/suspended, as do those on the right, but it's the right moaning about just their voices being blocked, when it's only the voice of those that are extreme on the right that are suspended.

What I see from the left (in America) is what comes from the guy in charge, and that is what I listed as a left thing. There are also extremes to the right, but the right doesn't seem to have a position these days that aren't extreme. You've mentioned what the left also want, but didn't refute any of the points I made about what the right talk about, nor what I wrote about the jk Rowling bit in reply to the daft comment the user I was quoting had wrote.
Yet no mention of the centre ground people. Oh that's right. Silly me, I had forgotten the centre gets flung in with the right. Am I right?

V F

V F

Soldato
Then they are correctly classified on the right. Biden is the ultimate centrist. Maybe you need to check your compass.
I come to 51/50, 50/51 anytime I check every year. Are you trying to say I'm right wing?

Name one?
Also name one.

You want me to name Joe Public? I don't know Joe Public. They're aliases on the Internet and voices in real life. A lot of people who don't support left nor right just want a decent life and none of this taking sides, with us or against us. I've listened to a lot of them in person. They're anything but left or right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom