The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Elon Musk himself.

His reply to being told it was going to be published, was there was more to the story.

Then later he decided to say it's a lie.

Legal and PR advice is what happened between those times.

Can you be more specific - in what way has Elon provided evidence to support the claim?

This is the tweet below, right? How does that in any way provide any evidence in favour of it?

Soldato
To make her go away. Surely you understand the basics here? An employer paying someone off/settling over something like this doesn’t necessarily mean they were at fault but rather can be that they don’t want the legal risk or the PR issue etc..

What evidence is there to support the claim?

Does Elon Musk strike you as the type that would be blackmailed? If it never happened then I'd bet he'd tell them to go screw themselves and see you in court. You've seen how he is on Twitter right? Does he seem overly concerned about PR? This isn't the CEO of some uptight cooperation. I don't believe he'd pay her off for nothing. And if he did it then there most certainly is a victim in this case.

Caporegime
Does Elon Musk strike you as the type that would be blackmailed? If it never happened then I'd bet he'd tell them to go screw themselves and see you in court. You've seen how he is on Twitter right? Does he seem overly concerned about PR? This isn't the CEO of some uptight cooperation. I don't believe he'd pay her off for nothing. And if he did it then there most certainly is a victim in this case.

Cool, that's your belief, it's not fact. Surely you can understand and agree with this statement irrespective of whether you personally believe he did it right?
There wasn't necessarily a "victim" though

Soldato
Can you be more specific - in what way has Elon provided evidence to support the claim?

This is the tweet below, right? How does that in any way provide any evidence in favour of it?

That clearly isn't Elon Musk saying there's more to the story after being told the story was going to be published.

Why would you ask me to defend a random tweet?

I'm talking about the article on Elon Musks sexual misconduct that business insider was the publisher of. They contacted Elon Musk for comment before it got published.

Elon Musk asked for more time to respond and that there was "a lot more to this story."

Business Insider extended the deadline but Elon Musk refused to say any more to them. He did however get on Twitter and start claiming he was about to be politically attacked.

Vice president of SpaceX legal commented that he would not discuss settlements.

It's all in the business insider article which all the tweeting is about.

Soldato
It's sad how people don't understand that merely a false accusation can damage a companies stock prices so much that paying $250k is a no brainer because it's a drop in the ocean for a company like Tesla or SpaceX. Again, paying $250k doesn't mean he did anything wrong. Cristiano Ronaldo paid money then when it came out later he fervently denied anything happened, this isn't an uncommon thing for celebrities etc

Caporegime
That clearly isn't Elon Musk saying there's more to the story after being told the story was going to be published.

Why would you ask me to defend a random tweet?
I'm not, I wasn't sure what comments by Elon you were referring to - I presumed that tweet was in relation to this story though.

I'm talking about the article on Elon Musks sexual misconduct that business insider was the publisher of. They contacted Elon Musk for comment before it got published.

Elon Musk asked for more time to respond and that there was "a lot more to this story."

Business Insider extended the deadline but Elon Musk refused to say any more to them. He did however get on Twitter and start claiming he was about to be politically attacked.

Vice president of SpaceX legal commented that he would not discuss settlements.

It's all in the business insider article which all the tweeting is about.

OK, so I don't see how any of that in itself supports the claim, a legal officer refusing to comment on a confidential settlement and the person being accused simply saying there is more to the story... Was this a disgruntled employee etc.?

You might believe that he did do it but I don't think you've shown anything from his public statements or actions that in themselves provide any evidence in support of the claim.

Soldato
If I say you ****** a sheep and I am about to publish the story what kind of mindset would you need to listen to me telling you all the details and then say...

There's "a lot more to this story."

Then follow up with claiming it's a lie.

It sure as hell doesn't support any claim that it's a lie if the details were not only known to him but he had further information from his point of view. After which he got rugby tackled by legal and told to deny it all apparently.

Actually it's completely opposite to the wording you'd use if confronted with a lie filled statement of your activities.

You'd say there was a lot LESS to the story than claimed. If there's more than is already said in the sexual misconduct claims then that's worse because you didn't feel able to deny the part you'd heard.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's sad how people don't understand that merely a false accusation can damage a companies stock prices so much that paying $250k is a no brainer because it's a drop in the ocean for a company like Tesla or SpaceX. Again, paying $250k doesn't mean he did anything wrong. Cristiano Ronaldo paid money then when it came out later he fervently denied anything happened, this isn't an uncommon thing for celebrities etc
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Soldato

SpaceX is a private company, it doesn't have a stock price. Musk tweets out things that effect the stock price of Tesla quite often. So someone falsely claiming he got his dick out and offered that employee payment in the form of a horse for sexual services doesn't seem like the kind of thing Musk would worry about if it wasn't true. Also a horse? How random is that as a payment. Musk isn't like your average celebrity. He can't be cancelled, he doesn't work for anyone that can fire him, he doesn't have sponsors that will drop him. You are comparing apples with oranges.

Soldato
SpaceX is a private company, it doesn't have a stock price. Musk tweets out things that effect the stock price of Tesla quite often. So someone falsely claiming he got his dick out and offered that employee payment in the form of a horse for sexual services doesn't seem like the kind of thing Musk would worry about if it wasn't true. Also a horse? How random is that as a payment. Musk isn't like your average celebrity. He can't be cancelled, he doesn't work for anyone that can fire him, he doesn't have sponsors that will drop him. You are comparing apples with oranges.

You're speculating on circumstances you know nothing about, and then coming to the conclusion that what you're saying is fact, while also lacking any objectivity

Caporegime
If I say you ****** a sheep and I am about to publish the story what kind of mindset would you need to listen to me telling you all the details and then say...

Then follow up with claiming it's a lie.

It sure as hell doesn't support any claim that it's a lie if the details were not only known to him but he had further information from his point of view. After which he got rugby tackled by legal and told to deny it all apparently.

Actually it's completely opposite to the wording you'd use if confronted with a lie filled statement of your activities.

You'd say there was a lot LESS to the story than claimed. If there's more than is already said in the sexual misconduct claims then that's worse because you didn't feel able to deny the part you'd heard.

I think you’re reading way too much into the comment. How do you know he’s not referring to the employee and their behaviour?

You seem to have interpreted it as an acknowledgment that the incident occurred but that there was more to it? IMO it seems more like a comment on the settlement/story, it doesn’t necessarily imply he’s acknowledging that the incident took place which is what I think you’re getting stuck on here.

Soldato
You're speculating on circumstances you know nothing about, and then coming to the conclusion that what you're saying is fact, while also lacking any objectivity

I'm going on the story, Musk's reaction and the person Musk has shown himself to be over time. So Musk paying off an employee with $250k doesn't add up if the story was made up. He had no reason to be ripped off like that as none of the reasons you listed apply to him. Telsa stock has been dropping since he started what is looking more and more like a disastrous attempt to buy Twitter.

Soldato
I think you’re reading way too much into the comment. How do you know he’s not referring to the employee and their behaviour?

You seem to have interpreted it as an acknowledgment that the incident occurred but that there was more to it? IMO it seems more like a comment on the settlement/story, it doesn’t necessarily imply he’s acknowledging that the incident took place which is what I think you’re getting stuck on here.

There is definitely:

- acknowledgement that an incident occurred
- the incident was familiar to him as described
- he felt there was more to say than was going to be published hence the request for more time to think about adding comment for the article

To then follow up by claiming it's all a lie is an abrupt change in direction that stinks of legal getting hold of him and telling him the PR damage would be a whole lot less with a wall of denial than going through with publicly explaining how his exposed penis, horsetrading for sex and a settlement payoff was actually perfectly reasonable.

Caporegime
There is definitely:

- acknowledgement that an incident occurred
- the incident was familiar to him as described
- he felt there was more to say than was going to be published hence the request for more time to think about adding comment for the article

To then follow up by claiming it's all a lie is an abrupt change in direction that stinks of legal getting hold of him and telling him the PR damage would be a whole lot less with a wall of denial than going through with publicly explaining how his exposed penis, horsetrading for sex and a settlement payoff was actually perfectly reasonable.

Where is the acknowledgment that an "incident" occurred? Again how do you know that he's not just referring to the settlement/legal drama/claim that the incident occured?

This abrupt change in direction you're referring to is all based on your own projections/some faulty logic that his public statements imply the incident occurred. You don't know that he exposed himself or whether she made it up, you've got no idea for sure whether the incident occurred or not, nothing he's said publicly has provided evidence to support that claim AFAIK.

OK, so I don't see how any of that in itself supports the claim, a legal officer refusing to comment on a confidential settlement and the person being accused simply saying there is more to the story... Was this a disgruntled employee etc
I swear just the other day, it was you, sharing a video of a disgruntled twitter employee, as though it had any value, and then spent message after message trying to sell it as having any value. I swear that was you.

Soldato
Where is the acknowledgment that an "incident" occurred? Again how do you know that he's not just referring to the settlement/legal drama?

This abrupt change in direction you're referring to is all based on your own projections re: his statement where you've seemingly made some assumption that his statement somehow implies that the claimed incident occurred.

So when he says there's "a lot more to this story." after being informed of the entire sexual misconduct story to be published by business insider you suspect that to mean he wanted to say more about the settlement/legal drama and actually the bit about the sexual misconduct wasn't up for contention...

This is not a quality argument you're making dowie, in fact it's terrible.

When Elon Musk was briefly willing to say more on the subject the more on the subject was definitely going to involve an explanation from him about the reason there was any grounds for any settlement to be made.

The abrupt change in direction to say it's all lies is an intervention by a third party, likely legal.

Oh and if it's actually lies there should be a libel suit basically instantly right? It's published for the world to see. Going to twitter to say it's a lie is not even close to going to the judge to say it's a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom