The Perfect Yorkshire Pudding recipe (Help needed)

Soldato
No but really I'm surprised anyone would say those pictures were yorkies

agree the first picture "Extra-tall and extra-crisp Yorkshire puddings" are not Yorkshire puddings - they might be this b****d***d USA popover derivative, but they should be excluded under the brexit immigration rules.
the second picture "Yorkshire puddings are traditionally cooked in large pans" is OK though ?

( The guy thinks he knows all about Yorkshire puddings after a few months in the UK and reading a J Martin 'cookbook' but quick back of a fag packet calculation I must have made yorkshires > 500 times for home consumption.)

Soldato
Cheeky... No but really I'm surprised anyone would say those pictures were yorkies. Unless down south do em differently from us in the north or somit.

A Yorkshire Pudding is batter baked in fat. I have never seen or heard any prescription of size or shape. I agree those in the article are an unusual shape but I wouldn't say the aren't YPs. You'll be telling me next that it's wrong to have a plate of them as a starter with gravy... :cool:

Man of Honour
The various shaped YPs are the results of his experimentation to produce different effects. If you read the article in full it's quite interesting and really the exact outcome he's produced in any picture is besides the point - you can utilise the different approaches he talks about to produce the kind of YPs you prefer.

Soldato
J. Kenji Lopez-Alt does seem to be missing a Theory in his ten commandments
for a given volume of batter what is the optimal tin profile (side angles, diameter) that will cook uniformly and rise the highest, and have robust sides, for gravy containment.

Often go for the large oven dish, shared yorkshire, where everyone can have the more soggy, or crisper bits they prefer.

Back
Top Bottom