‘The Power of MPs’ and ‘Is Your Council as Bad as Mine?’

Caporegime
:rolleyes:

Especially at local level the pay is not good, and the expenses are non-existent. Shows how much you actually know about this, and yet you're the one calling people naive.

local politics is like students politics, so vicious because the stakes are so low. it just attracts narcissists and they all squabble like school children.

Soldato
OP
This is still going on here, sadly. I've been told it'll go on until November now, with the Council insisting it isn't behind schedule - a bizarre statement as they had huge billboards up for three months before work started stating that the road was due to open this summer.

Two councillors and one council worker still won't reply to polite and perfectly reasonable emails to me. To be honest, I know I'm not going to get anywhere, so I'm focusing now on not being angry about it all as the anger and depression of living in a building site for eight months is having more of an effect on me than anything else. I'm still considering the papers and I will go back to my MP soon.

Soldato
I have had similar issues with my council up here in Edinburgh. Who have this great looking procedure online for making complaints or issues known to the councillors who then promptly ignore it.

As for my MP, a labour member talking to the plebs is something to be avoided unless it is getting near an election.

I tend to hit them with Freedom of Information requests if they are reluctant to respond to a polite letter or email.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had a recent run in with my local counsellor regarding turning my road into a CPZ, parking has never been a problem however they now want to start putting in meters on a road nearby so they can charge people to use the local shops, obviously people would then park on my road so now they want to make it a 24/7 CPZ and I have to pay for a permit to park on the road. Apparently the cost covers signage and enforcement even though there's only going to be 4 signs in total the size of an A4 bit of paper and there's someone that comes up and down on a scooter checking that people aren't on the double yellows anyway. I challenged the cost and the fact that I'll be using my right of reply on the crap they posted through the door and I was told 'it's what people on the other road want and it's happening whether you like it or not', seeming to forget it's still in the consultation stage.

I also asked about having gates installed for the rear alleyway as they have done it on all the other roads and being the only 'open' alley it attracts all kinds of local scum. I was told 'I'm here to talk about the CPZ and that's it.'.

It took a lot of willpower not to give him a good hosing down. They're all rude, incompetent and ignorant.

Soldato
OP
Just found out that we now have night works taking place outside our house every day next week - from 8pm to 6am. I'm not sure when I'm going to get any sleep for 120 hours next week so apologies if my posts are a little off-colour.

The Council really are a bunch of lying ****s.

Back
Top Bottom