The Pre-Season Friendly Thread

Don
We had a thread last year and with Liverpool's first friendly underway i thought i would start another.

Anyway an hour into our friendly with Wrexham, 3-0 up with a first half hat-trick from Besian Idrizaj, who looks a decent player.

3-1 now :( Just the young lads today though (plus a couple of first-teamers, who didn't have internationals last month, in the first half).

Last edited:
Permabanned
Frank Lamard returns for pre season training

preseasonlampardga9.jpg

Soldato
Went to see Spurs take on Stevenage Boro today.

Bent looked class. Worked very hard, tackled defenders and took his goal very well.

It was interesting to see Taarabt play a full him. He reminds me of when Ronaldo first played in the Premiership. He's certainly got a lot of potential but he needs to learn to be more of a team player and leave the fancy step-overs at home.

It got a bit boring towards the end of the game as we brought on our youth team. Final result was 3-1 to Spurs. Keane (pen), Bent and Taarabt.

Don
OP
few friendlies on today so i thought i would give this a bump.

Liverpool are playing Crewe; mix of first teamers and reserves, Voronin is making his debut but Torres, Benayoun and Babel are not in the squad.

Man of Honour
Chelsea annihilated the mighty Club America 2-1 last night, Malouda scored and set one up for Terry, I didn't see the game but apparently he was pretty good.
JM had some interesting things to say:

"I want to go back to wingers and play attacking football," Mourinho explained. "The objective of having players like Robben, Cole, Malouda and Kalou is because we want to give width to our game, to give speed, to give creativity.

"I don't want to play football with a diamond any more.

"So I don't think it will be easy for Ballack. But he's a top player, a top personality and I think he's the kind of guy ready to fight for a place."
No mention of SWP and Ballack won't be happy with that, good:)

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Chelsea annihilated the mighty Club America 2-1 last night, Malouda scored and set one up for Terry, I didn't see the game but apparently he was pretty good.
JM had some interesting things to say:

No mention of SWP and Ballack won't be happy with that, good:)

Maybe its a bit of a wake up call to get him performing in pre-season and to earn his place in the side. It's a bit of a marked change form his earlier comments last season. Didn't he mention Terry, Lampard & Ballack as the untouchables when he was trying to get Sheva to get scoring ? I maybe wrong on that though

Back
Top Bottom