• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
I was thinking of getting one of these cards but this thread just seems to be full of BSODs, stuttering and the need for a "quest" to get it all working. As I used to do that with old Athlon amd motherboards I am now too old and lazy .... so should I continue to wait for stability to improve, or are the reported problems just a small set ?

Cheers for thoughts.
Only problem I’m having is with wattman it only lets me do a hand full of adjustments before locking up, I’m the only one with this issue it seems and I’m too lazy to reinstall Windows

Soldato
@Kaapstad can you take me off the roll of honour, please. There's no honour in owning this Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT. I've had more communication from dead relatives through a medium than I have gotten from Powercolor. A disgraceful company that is not fit to operate in 2019. Or maybe they prefer communication by carrier pigeon, my bad if so.

I'd have had a better ownership experience if I had just burnt my money to keep my hands warm for a few minutes. I've had no card now for over a month. RDR2 is ruined, God knows when I will be able to play it.

Associate
The NITRO+ RX 5700 XT

I have had my finger over the buy button all week , do u think it will go down any on black friday , or do u think i should bite and get it ?
i have 2070 super in my other PC , The NITRO+ RX 5700 XT -----this card is for my AMD pc .....

Man of Honour
OP
@Kaapstad can you take me off the roll of honour, please. There's no honour in owning this Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT. I've had more communication from dead relatives through a medium than I have gotten from Powercolor. A disgraceful company that is not fit to operate in 2019. Or maybe they prefer communication by carrier pigeon, my bad if so.

I'd have had a better ownership experience if I had just burnt my money to keep my hands warm for a few minutes. I've had no card now for over a month. RDR2 is ruined, God knows when I will be able to play it.

Done.

Soldato
Anyone running the msi mech? Seems like steal with the free games or is the cooler not much cop?

not sure on the mech but the msi evoke's cooler is terrible, gamersnexus had a scathing review of it, the evoke had poor memory thermal pads, most only covering around 60% of the chips which lead to very high ram temps.

i think tech yes city has a review of the mech, havent watched it but may be worth a look before hand

EDIT just watched a video of a teardown and the mech has the same problem with thermal pads on the ram not being the corrcet size which lead to high ram temps, i'd avoid personally

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry if this is the wrong thread as I'm not yet an owner but have been looking at a 5700 xt to replace my now *slightly* creaky 1060 3gb. I'm wondering what the recommendations are for non-reference short cards are (my case probably can't fit the reference or 3 fan designs, can do about 250mm, without giving the HDD cage a dremel). I was looking at the Evoke OC but as above I'm not seeing good things about the cooler design. In fact loooking up just about any of the 2 fan shorter designs seems to be a mix of coil whine, hot memory or overheating issues!

The last time I paid much attention to GPU going ons was back with my original 8800 gts 320mb... Good times, but it's safe to say I'm behind the curve!

Ta.

Associate
Sorry if this is the wrong thread as I'm not yet an owner but have been looking at a 5700 xt to replace my now *slightly* creaky 1060 3gb. I'm wondering what the recommendations are for non-reference short cards are (my case probably can't fit the reference or 3 fan designs, can do about 250mm, without giving the HDD cage a dremel). I was looking at the Evoke OC but as above I'm not seeing good things about the cooler design. In fact loooking up just about any of the 2 fan shorter designs seems to be a mix of coil whine, hot memory or overheating issues!

The last time I paid much attention to GPU going ons was back with my original 8800 gts 320mb... Good times, but it's safe to say I'm behind the curve!

Ta.
I would go for this one if u are after a 2 fan card mate, all reviews I have seen have been good https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-38x-sp.html

Back
Top Bottom