1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, 12 Nov 2020.

1. ASMB

Hitman

You could try going into the radeon software and enable chill, set the fps to say 100 min and 120 max to begin with. Disable freesync and vertical refresh. If that gives you good fps then play around with the settings one by one, eg switch freesync back to AMD optimized first. You can do this both at global game settings, and selecting the individual games via gaming option at the top

2. chrismscotland

Mobster

Thanks I'll take a look; one odd thing I noticed is that the GPU never seems to get up to any higher than about 900Mhz; you would think on a title that really uses the GPU (Like Flight Sim) that it would be using more

3. Nghtmare

Wise Guy

That is weird though. I am sure that you probably checked this but have you tried increasing the Min Freq to like 2000Mhz at least?

4. Wang

Wise Guy

Had my 6800Xt for a few months now. Still having an issue in all game in relation to Freesync/refresh rate etc.
    Current specs are:

Sapphire 6800XT
    AMD 5800X
    MSi X570 Tomahawk Max
    Corsair Ram 32Gb
    NZXT Z73 cooling.
    LG 27GL850-B 144Hz monitor

When running any game, if I don't use VSync or Radeons framerate limiter set to 144Hz, if the framerate goes over 144 fps the game becomes horrifically choppy. For example, running Warzone, I cant get upwards of 180 fps with my current settings, but it is unplayable due to the choppiness of the image, so I have to either turn on Vsync or fps limiter.

Am I doing something wrong , as previously on Nvidia and using GSync, it could run at over 144 fps and be buttery smooth. I feel as though I am missing something blatantly obvious. I have freesync turned on, fresh install of windows, tried different cables etc.

Any ideas or is this how it works?

5. LtMatt

Vendor Rep

Have you tried enabling Enhanced Sync in the Warzone application profile within Radeon Software?

6. BigRazer93

Mobster

I had issues at the start, similar. When in the over clock settings, try max as 2300 and minimum as 2200. If I left it auto it would stutter. You have to leave at least 100mhz from the max to the min

7. arrow0309

Gangster

Hi, owning an Aorus 6800 XT Master for about a month and outputting to a Samsung G7 27" 240hz.
    How do you guys keep the Radeon Anti-Lag?
    I heard many saying it's better off.
    Interested in mp games like Hunt Showdown mostly.

8. arrow0309

Gangster

And again, overclocked it a little, 2400 to 2500, 1.075v, PL maxed out, using 2 profiles, the first one with default memory and Fast Timings, the second one with 2100 mem and default timings?
    Can I push some more? It's safe / recommended?
    Like 2100 & Fast Timings it's a go? Or even more?
    I know very little about these modern Radeon cards, my last one was a Sapphire 290 Trio

9. LtMatt

Vendor Rep

I generally keep it off, but test it in said game and see if it makes a difference.
    Use Timespy to verify that higher memory clock = higher score as at some point you will start to lose performance.

You can overclock the core as far as it will go and it will be safe. Make sure you put the power tuning slider at +15% otherwise you will be power limited.

10. arrow0309

Gangster

OK so I did 4 TS tests, all with the same freq range 2400 - 2500 but with default memory and timings, fast timings, 2100 mem and both timings.
    Best score I've had was this one, with def mem and fast timings:

[​IMG]

Gonna keep this profile for gaming :cool:

11. BigRazer93

Mobster

Been tinkering with my 6800xt, managed to get a nice overclock of 2600/2500 max and min, with 2070 fast timings. Hovering around 2480 and 2540 clock speed, is this any good? Seems fully stable so far

12. KNiVES

Capodecina

Literally after adding it to my cart, the 6800xt available on the shopfront went from 999 to 1050. WTF?

Disappointing to see ocuk engage in price gouging

13. wozzizname

Wise Guy

It was £899 two or three weeks ago, I nearly bought one then but thought it was still too expensive..

14. Gerard

Caporegime

Every retailer is in on the act :(

15. arrow0309

Gangster

Not bad, voltage? power limit?
    What model is this?

16. Kirby Wurm

Wise Guy

Interesting, when using a 1080 Ti with a G-sync monitor (Acer Predator XB271Hu) I had the same issue with Rocket League where without an FPS cap or v-sync it would tear like a mofo. Can't comment on my 6800 XT and Odyssey G7 as I keep the FPS cap at 240fps and encounter no issues.

17. KNiVES

Capodecina

Yeah I checked all the others and they did exactly the same rises overnight, which leads me to think OCUK didn't have much of a choice. I ended up biting the bullet and ordered one off OCUK, before the prices get even more insane.

18. chrismscotland

Mobster

Been keeping a close eye over the last few days as my 6800XT I've been struggling with is getting RMA'd and need to buy a replacement; prices certainly rising again; not surprising looking at the crypto market I guess

19. BigRazer93

Mobster

Standard voltage, not messed with it. Raised the power limit to 9% highest would go. The msi trio

20. KNiVES

Capodecina

[​IMG]
    :cool: