• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Wing-Man:
@buttkinz
If your having lock up and black screen at stock setting. I’d look at other problems and not just the GPU.

I remember back in my x99 days, battlefield would do the same stuff and ever other games was fine. After week of testing and so it it turned out to be ram settings
I got a fresh set of ram that were in the list for the motherboard just in case, in the end I just got a 7900xtx. Although I had to reinstall windows as the crashes had made a right mess of all the programs, got a new ssd as well just in case. Have got nearly a full computer left over now . What I have found is the 6900 has 3 white led’s that light up momentarily on boot. Sometimes 1 of them lights up half way and dims, if I kept booting it I could get all three to work the same and I had no crashes then. I guess it points to the you having a power fault maybe, I tried swapping psu cables etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom