• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Well, you are wrong in the sense of 50-100% is all you have, but i concede on the second point. :p

I never said 50% or 100% is all you have. :p

Repeat again why would I select more than 100% (which is available) if 100% is too big.

Thats like saying I cant eat a quadruple Big Mac but there is a double quadruple Big Mac available. Why would I select a double quadruple if I cant eat a quadruple ? ;)

Caporegime
I never said 50% or 100% is all you have. :p

Repeat again why would I select more than 100% (which is available) if 100% is too big.

Thats like saying I cant eat a quadruple Big Mac but there is a double quadruple Big Mac available. Why would I select a double quadruple if I cant eat a quadruple ? ;)
Ah, you only have 50-100% options available to use in 21.9.1? Furry muff if that’s the case.

I am using a 4K display and thought the 50-200% range was available for all in 21.9.1.

50-100% is tiny for me with my display.

Also, stop making me want a McDonalds. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
In a word "no".
If you feel the need to see that during gaming, you'll need a 3rd party software. I can't see it been an issue on an AMD card. Vram fires are reserved for RTX 3080/3080Ti/3090 Founders Editions lol.
Yes not possible unless using HWINFO64.

As mentioned above, no temperature issues on RDNA2 with regards to memory or inadequate cooling solutions.

Associate
In a word "no".
If you feel the need to see that during gaming, you'll need a 3rd party software. I can't see it been an issue on an AMD card. Vram fires are reserved for RTX 3080/3080Ti/3090 Founders Editions lol.

Yes not possible unless using HWINFO64.

As mentioned above, no temperature issues on RDNA2 with regards to memory or inadequate cooling solutions.

Thanks, that helps.

Soldato
Ok I apologise for not reading all 132 pages of this thread. I'm new to the party and my 6900XT is barely faster than my 6900xt ( like less than 200 timespy points) I've been trying to alter the voltage but no matter what I set it to it stays locked to 1175mv. I'm running the latest AMD drivers and the card is a red devil with a waterblock.
Thanks
Scott

Associate
Ok I apologise for not reading all 132 pages of this thread. I'm new to the party and my 6900XT is barely faster than my 6900xt ( like less than 200 timespy points) I've been trying to alter the voltage but no matter what I set it to it stays locked to 1175mv. I'm running the latest AMD drivers and the card is a red devil with a waterblock.
Thanks
Scott
Which version of that card is it?
AXRX 6900XT 16GBD6-W2DHC/OC
Or
AXRX 6900XTU 16GBD6-W2DHC/OC
https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1617681110
Have a check on the Dual Bios on the spec sheet, sounds like it is that if you have the Ultimate XTU version.

Caporegime
There should not be much difference between two 6900 XTs for the most part.

I assume it was a typo and he meant 6800 XT.

In that case you'd be looking at anywhere up to 12% difference in a best case scenario.

I tested this with a 6800 XT vs a 6900 XT, in controlled test settings, environment, etc, using identical clock speeds, power limits, voltages, and even fan speeds.

In the above scenario i saw a 10-12% uplift for the 6900 XT in GPU limited scenarios.

Will be 10% difference for the most part, but this may drop even lower depending on clocks and power settings used for each card, silicon quality, temp difference, game used, cpu limited scenarios, etc.

Caporegime
And for a card with a triple rad its not even quiet, fans are noisy on it. The asus 240 6900xt is meant to be better and quieter.
They are audible at 40% and louder above that, however you can run them at a lower fan speed and they are silent. They have a decent static pressure too.

If you know how to tune and tweak, they are good enough fans tbh.

They get a bad rating in reviews as they are using the performance BIOS and in that mode, you can't lower the fan speed below 40%.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can just switch to the Quiet BIOS, lower fan speeds as low as 25% if required, and increase power limits via MPT. :)

Back
Top Bottom