• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Feeling frivolous? ;)

That's good, I was not sure how good the Tuf cooler actually was as not many reviews about.
There is a review of the 6800XT by Hardware Unboxed and its the 2nd best air cooled card behind the Merc. Mainly because they used the Strix cooler, and fans on the Radeon Tuf, instead of the cut down version that was used on the Nvidia Tuf.

Associate
Seems like the 30-35° delta that I was seeing on the stress test between GPU temperature and the hotspot temperature on my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT has dropped to 26 to 30° after the last two updates. It’s hitting about 72° with a hotspot of about 98-101 degrees.

Previously if I was seeing 70 to 75° on the GPU the the hotspot would be between 100 and 110°

in order to preserve the warranty I think I’m gonna wait to re-paste it.

Caporegime
Seems like the 30-35° delta that I was seeing on the stress test between GPU temperature and the hotspot temperature on my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT has dropped to 26 to 30° after the last two updates. It’s hitting about 72° with a hotspot of about 98-101 degrees.

Previously if I was seeing 70 to 75° on the GPU the the hotspot would be between 100 and 110°

in order to preserve the warranty I think I’m gonna wait to re-paste it.
I say put liquid metal on the GPU die and a bit on the cooler cold plate. Live for today Doc!

Caporegime
Caporegime
No, it's in this thread somewhere but no idea where.

Here's the skinny:
  1. Download and install GPU-Z and save the BIOS.
  2. Download and install MPT.
  3. In MPT select your GPU using the drop down box.
  4. Click Load, navigate to the saved BIOS.
  5. Copy my MPT settings here. (never touch anything but Power Limit, TDC and TDC SOC) otherwise things break.
  6. Click Write SPPT and restart.
  7. Good to go.
  8. Click Delete SPPT and restart to restore defaults.
@Nightmare

Back
Top Bottom