• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
That's great, mine's being picked up today. Did you tell them it's faulty/overheating?

I didn’t even get to use it, said I had no confidence in the product after seeing numerous problems. My build not finished so didn’t want it sat there for how ever long it takes me to get some DDR5. Just had to pay postage and they refunded no problem even though it had been opened and fitted. :)

Associate
Yes they are great to be fair, highly recommend them.

It was even better when their super saver delivery was free. :D:p

I tried my best but still can't sort out cables/tubes coming out from the card. :(:(
HxcdMZt.jpg
HxcdMZt.jpg
HxcdMZt.jpg

HxcdMZt

Caporegime
It was even better when their super saver delivery was free. :D:p

I tried my best but still can't sort out cables/tubes coming out from the card. :(:(
HxcdMZt.jpg
HxcdMZt.jpg
HxcdMZt.jpg

HxcdMZt
Can relate. I don't even bother putting the rad in my case these days. Just lay it on its side, seems to help CPU and GPU temps this way anyway. :D
NIa5Qed.jpg

ow6XhJf.jpg

What's going on with your left most power cable?

Associate
That left hand PCIe power cable doesn't look like it's all the way in?

Can relate. I don't even bother putting the rad in my case these days. Just lay it on its side, seems to help CPU and GPU temps this way anyway. :D
ow6XhJf.jpg

What's going on with your left most power cable?

all cables are 100% plugged in, the left cable looks unstable because of those cable combs. :D:D:D

yes with panel closed and 240 aio the card is running hotter than yours. :p

PP67IvH.jpg

Caporegime
all cables are 100% plugged in, the left cable looks unstable because of those cable combs. :D:D:D

yes with panel closed and 240 aio the card is running hotter than yours. :p

PP67IvH.jpg
Yeah my sample has a large delta between edge and junction temperature, it was something like 12c when i got it. My previous Toxic had a delta of 1-2c so it was quite the difference.

Decided to re-paste it and got it down to around 6c at idle. Under load at 350-375W, delta is around 15-20c though which is decent.

Associate
Yeah my sample has a large delta between edge and junction temperature, it was something like 12c when i got it. My previous Toxic had a delta of 1-2c so it was quite the difference.

Decided to re-paste it and got it down to around 6c at idle. Under load at 350-375W, delta is around 15-20c though which is decent.

I would have got Toxic over Strix if my case have space for 2nd 360. Another parts running cooler inside are nvme drives, sn850 was about 48c at idle and now 40c.

Caporegime
I would have got Toxic over Strix if my case have space for 2nd 360. Another parts running cooler inside are nvme drives, sn850 was about 48c at idle and now 40c.
The plot thickens, I have never seen anything like this before. :eek::eek::eek:

I decided to take my Toxic apart again and see if I could improve the delta. Figured I had nothing to lose but pride and an expensive graphics card.

I checked my Liquid metal application and it was was solid, evenly spread. Not too much, not too little, for both GPU die and AIO block.

Seeing that application warmed the cockles of my heart, although my optimism was about to receive a swift knee to the groin. :cry:

I re-attached the retention bracket to the AIO block and powered up my system.Opened Radeon Software tuning menu, whispering prayers to the holy lord for a better delta.

The lord thanked me with a 10-11c delta. :eek: It was 12-14c when I first bought it, but I'd got it down to 6-8c with my first re-paste and re-mount job. I saw deltas up to 20c at 350-384W with the first re-paste which was okay. :mad:

Idle Delta 10-11c
9lvRosv.jpg

Decided to run Cod Vanguard at 4K max settings as it draws up to 384W+ at full whack using these clock settings just to see how bad the delta would be.
2u7dhwr.jpg

Was astonished to see a delta of just 7c, and I was studying the overlay like a curtain twitcher on crack and generally it was 5-6c delta in game, at 350W-384W+.
ixHwZHj.jpg

What the hell. How is that possible, how? How can the idle delta be so large, but the load delta so unbelievably fantastic. Even more so considering that this is the stock AIO cooling. :confused:

Answers on a postcard please! The winner will be offered an evening with Nexus and Wrinkly where they will share with you, in great detail, how much Ray Tracing changed their lives. :cry: :p

Last edited:
Associate
The plot thickens, I have never seen anything like this before. :eek::eek::eek:

I decided to take my Toxic apart again and see if I could improve the delta. Figured I had nothing to lose but pride and an expensive graphics card.

I checked my Liquid metal application and it was was solid, evenly spread. Not too much, not too little, for both GPU die and AIO block.

Seeing that application warmed the cockles of my heart, although my optimism was about to receive a swift knee to the groin. :cry:

I re-attached the retention bracket to the AIO block and powered up my system.Opened Radeon Software tuning menu, whispering prayers to the holy lord for a better delta.

The lord thanked me with a 10-11c delta. :eek: It was 12-14c when I first bought it, but I'd got it down to 6-8c with my first re-paste and re-mount job. I saw deltas up to 20c at 350-384W with the first re-paste which was okay. :mad:

What the hell. How is that possible, how? How can the idle delta be so large, but the load delta so unbelievably fantastic. Even more so considering that this is the stock AIO cooling. :confused:

Answers on a postcard please! The winner will be offered an evening with Nexus and Wrinkly where they will share with you, in great detail, how much Ray Tracing changed their lives. :cry: :p

Try not to overthink, you already have good delta temps compared to others, plus AMD cards seem to have higher delta temps. :cry::cry::cry:

When I had my 3090 FE, the delta was slightly higher than others before or after repasted but nothing to worry about as long as overall GPU temps and delta temps are still within the safe range.

Caporegime
Try not to overthink, you already have good delta temps compared to others, plus AMD cards seem to have higher delta temps. :cry::cry::cry:

When I had my 3090 FE, the delta was slightly higher than others before or after repasted but nothing to worry about as long as overall GPU temps and delta temps are still within the safe range.
You can't explain it, would have been a better response as I can't either. :cry:

But yes, I am happy with that outcome. That's a better delta than people water cooling. :)

Associate
So a question to all. I just noticed that we can increase the voltage on reference RX 6000 cards. I have a reference RX 6900XT and I am able to keep it cool enough. I was able to get 2700MHz stable (GT2 tested) with 1.2 mv. But it seems that there is a concern regarding the use of MPT voltage unlock as a daily driver. Has anyone tested some stable settings with new voltages? Can we use these settings 24/7?

Caporegime
I would question the accuracy of the temperature monitoring.

Do you see a increase in clocks with the new paste application?
Readings are accurate, confirmed in multiple apps.

I am not really seeing any higher clocks as I was not throttling before, I've just seen a 10c+ reduction in the delta between edge and junction temperatures from where I was previously.

It does beg the question why the idle deltas have got worse though.
So a question to all. I just noticed that we can increase the voltage on reference RX 6000 cards. I have a reference RX 6900XT and I am able to keep it cool enough. I was able to get 2700MHz stable (GT2 tested) with 1.2 mv. But it seems that there is a concern regarding the use of MPT voltage unlock as a daily driver. Has anyone tested some stable settings with new voltages? Can we use these settings 24/7?
No one knows, it's a lottery if you go above the default stock max voltage.

I've gone above 1.2v for benching runs like Firestrike and Timespy. For gaming though I stick to 1.2v if I need the FPS, or undervolt if I have FPS to spare.

Associate
No one knows, it's a lottery if you go above the default stock max voltage.

I've gone above 1.2v for benching runs like Firestrike and Timespy. For gaming though I stick to 1.2v if I need the FPS, or undervolt if I have FPS to spare.
So, 1.2 mv is working ok for you as a daily driver (I am assuming that the max default voltage of your card is 1175 mv)?

Back
Top Bottom