• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Is there a tool out that can read the current bios and display the settings, as using MPT & GPU-Z seems a little bit hit and miss to me.

plus what is everyone getting power usage wise, my card wont go over 294W, no matter what I set with MPT.

Caporegime
Is there a tool out that can read the current bios and display the settings, as using MPT & GPU-Z seems a little bit hit and miss to me.

plus what is everyone getting power usage wise, my card wont go over 294W, no matter what I set with MPT.
You’re hitting the power limit, even with +15% set.

You need to follow my advice posted previously in this thread with regard to MPT. Reduce SOC voltage, increase power limit in W and tDC in MPT.

Soldato
Another one? There was one other here supplied in just a bag for "shipping cost reasons", in other words it was in a system build and yoinked out more than likely

yeh i created the thread, and it turned out a few got them that way from the same store. Not good, but since i paid with Bitcoin i didn't want to go through the hassle of getting a refund, especially since i think they wouldn't have paid back the Bitcoin fee's... Annoying, and certainly will make me think twice about buying online at that store again.

Soldato
Welcome how are you finding it? :)

I only play one game right now, iRacing at 5120x1440 and i doubled my FPS vs my Vega56. Going to have to fire up FS2020 and play on ultra :)

Cant run at 240hz atm, massive image corruption. :(

Will be watercooling it eventually, hence the reason i have the stock cooler on the CPU at the moment. My Vega+2700x was fully watercooled before.

Caporegime
I only play one game right now, iRacing at 5120x1440 and i doubled my FPS vs my Vega56. Going to have to fire up FS2020 and play on ultra :)

Cant run at 240hz atm, massive image corruption. :(

Will be watercooling it eventually, hence the reason i have the stock cooler on the CPU at the moment. My Vega+2700x was fully watercooled before.
Take it you are using the Samsung display?

Should be fixed soon.

Known Issues
  • The Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120x1440@240hz.

Soldato
Welcome. :)

I am so curious where you managed to get a XFX Merc 6900 XT in the UK!
I got mine by watching a website that informs you about stock levels, and then some popped up on a well know website for buyers of electronics.
Popped up on the 12th, and it was delivered on the 13th. £1155 with next day delivery. Way more than I hoped for when the 6900 XT prices were announced, but hey ho.

Associate
I got mine by watching a website that informs you about stock levels, and then some popped up on a well know website for buyers of electronics.
Popped up on the 12th, and it was delivered on the 13th. £1155 with next day delivery. Way more than I hoped for when the 6900 XT prices were announced, but hey ho.

Very much sounds like we both acquired our XFX Merc, by the same means, and supplier. :)
How are you finding your 6900XT experience so far?

As for myself, I initially booted my system, with only one 8Pin rail coming from the PSU, and as soon as the system was stressed, it crashed with the PSU overvolt protection kicking in, oops. :o
Since then it has been relatively plane sailing. One thing that annoys me is the monitor won't wake, from being asleep. Despite trying with the mouse + keyboard.
The computer knows I am interacting with it, I hear audio, but the monitor doesn't get a signal from the GPU, I never had this issue with my GTX 1070.

As for overclocking I have so far achieved a custom fan curve, which is aggressive + noisy (typically 50-55db) but keeps the temps at 70-80C at full load.
I also have set the power limit to +15%, by which I typically see 2.4GHZ and above on the GPU. I still have loads of testing to do, on that front.
Has anyone got tips, on how to wring more out of it, with an air-cooled system?

Sadly £1150, was a bit more than what I wanted to pay for a new GPU, but since I make some of my living on my pc, it'll quickly pay for its self, in the coming weeks.
Now if only I could get my hands on an RRP Ryzen 5950 + LG CX48 TV on sale, I'd be set. :D

Soldato
As for overclocking I have so far achieved a custom fan curve, which is aggressive + noisy (typically 50-55db) but keeps the temps at 70-80C at full load.
I also have set the power limit to +15%, by which I typically see 2.4GHZ and above on the GPU. I still have loads of testing to do, on that front.
Has anyone got tips, on how to wring more out of it, with an air-cooled system?

Sadly £1150, was a bit more than what I wanted to pay for a new GPU, but since I make some of my living on my pc, it'll quickly pay for its self, in the coming weeks.
Now if only I could get my hands on an RRP Ryzen 5950 + LG CX48 TV on sale, I'd be set. :D

I have the Red Devil and have been delighted by it's overclocking performance, stability and how responsive the card is to the changes you make. Power limit is the big factor, whack that right across to +15 if you want to see a boost to your clocks. I haven't had to touch the voltage personally although I have no interest in saving power from a cost perpective. I set my min core clock to 2500 and max to 2700 - this gives me a fairly consistent clock of 2650+ in game. I've also set my memory to fast timings and put this right across to 2150 Mhz - this give me an in game clock of 2138. I've played 20+ hours of Cyberpunk with these settings and it's been rock solid!

Interestingly though, whilst I definitely gain some performance with this overclock in Cyberpunk, I actually lose a few frames in the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark so whilst aggressive overclocks are stable they may not beneficial to all games.

The biggest bonus for me, which I didn't anticipate before buying the card, is that I have enough power to play games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Red Dead Redemption at ultra-wide 4K using VSR which is awesome. My ultrawide monitor is 75 Hz so being close to or locked in to this speed at UW 4K the is ultimate gaming experience for me.

I've just ordered a R7 5800X and some 4000Mhz RAM. Shouldn't have really after dropping £1300 on the Red Devil but living for the day just now! I would have gone for the 5900X if I could have got one but I thought £389 from OC for the 5800X was a decent enough price.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have the Red Devil and have been delighted by it's overclocking performance, stability and how responsive the card is to the changes you make. Power limit is the big factor, whack that right across to +15 if you want to see a boost to your clocks. I haven't had to touch the voltage personally although I have no interest in saving power from a cost perpective. I set my min core clock to 2500 and max to 2700 - this gives me a fairly consistent clock of 2650+ in game. I've also set my memory to fast timings and put this right across to 2150 Mhz - this give me an in game clock of 2138. I've played 20+ hours of Cyberpunk with these settings and it's been rock solid!

Interestingly though, whilst I definitely gain some performance with this overclock in Cyberpunk, I actually lose a few frames in the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark so whilst aggressive overclocks are stable they may not beneficial to all games.

The biggest bonus for me, which I didn't anticipate before buying the card, is that I have enough power to play games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Red Dead Redemption at ultra-wide 4K using VSR which is awesome. My ultrawide monitor is 75 Hz so being close to or locked in to this speed at UW 4K the is ultimate gaming experience for me.

I've just ordered a R7 5800X and some 4000Mhz RAM. Shouldn't have really after dropping £1300 on the Red Devil but living for the day just now! I would have gone for the 5900X if I could have got one but I thought £389 from OC for the 5800X was a decent enough price.
You are most likely losing performance from your memory overclock. Try dialling it back to 2012Mhz set in Radeon Software.

Associate
XFX Radeon RX 6800 XT Merc319 BLACK 16GB Graphics Card - yours for £869.99 in late February

Would anyone actually be interested in those kind of prices/timescales?

Back
Top Bottom