• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Ooo just hit a graphics score of 29635 on Firestrike extreme, couldn't break the 29000 barrier previously. Dropping the voltage to 1075 made the difference, this boosted my average clock during the benchmark from 2459 Mhz to 2574 Mhz. This with min and max clocks set at 2550 and 2705, memory at 2150 and power +15.

Associate
Anyone else seeing a low power ceiling on their 6900 XT? My card's bios sets a hard limit of 293W, even with a maximum overclock. The card will maintain a clock speed of a little over 2.5 GHz during a gaming session but never exceed 293W (as reported by multiple programs) despite trying out multiple games at max settings at 3440x1440 and multiple stress tests (TimeSpy, furmark, unigine). I am getting non-stop crashes even with the card on stock settings (as well as multiple overclock/undervolt configurations), but not sure if I can blame the card for those.

I don't think I'll mess around with MorePowerTool as I just don't have the balls for that level of tweaking.

All in all, I have mixed feelings about this card.

Associate
I had a Gigabyte 6900XT briefly then returned to another etailer as I couldn't see any perfomance jump from my Sapphire Nitro 6800XT.

I got Timespy Graphics scores of only 18600 on the 6900XT overclocked, versus 19500! on the 6800XT overclocked

The CPU I am using is only R5 3600 and a B550 ROG Mobo with 3600mhz RAM

Just wasn't worth it for me and couldn't justify a £500 price premium over the 6800XT Nitro.

Soldato
Anyone else seeing a low power ceiling on their 6900 XT? My card's bios sets a hard limit of 293W, even with a maximum overclock. The card will maintain a clock speed of a little over 2.5 GHz during a gaming session but never exceed 293W (as reported by multiple programs) despite trying out multiple games at max settings at 3440x1440 and multiple stress tests (TimeSpy, furmark, unigine). I am getting non-stop crashes even with the card on stock settings (as well as multiple overclock/undervolt configurations), but not sure if I can blame the card for those.

I don't think I'll mess around with MorePowerTool as I just don't have the balls for that level of tweaking.

Common issues everyone has it, amd hard caps low power limit in its bios for all rdna2 cards. Some manufacturers try to push more power

send Lisa Su and Frank Azor a message asking them to give overclockers better bios and hopefully they one day answer you

fyi the 6800xt, not the 6900xt holds the 3d Mark records for amd cards - that should tell you what you need to know about the usefulness of the 6900xtbwhen it's slower than the 6800xt

Last edited:
Associate
Common issues everyone has it, amd hard caps low power limit in its bios for all rdna2 cards. Some manufacturers try to push more power

send Lisa Su and Frank Azor a message asking them to give overclockers better bios and hopefully they one day answer you

fyi the 6800xt, not the 6900xt holds the 3d Mark records for amd cards - that should tell you what you need to know about the usefulness of the 6900xtbwhen it's slower than the 6800xt

Agreed- unless of course you buy the Sapphire Nitro 6900XT and overclock that?

Caporegime

Sounds like you possibly have a faulty GPU as that behaviour is not expected.

My powercolor is in that boat, in that it won't go over 293 despite higher limits being applied via MPT.
You must be doing something wrong if you are using a reference card and cannot extend the power limit using MPT.

Caporegime
picked up a XFX merc 6800xt today, running sweet as a nut at 1000v 2700 core 2100 memory.

Absolutely blinding card.

Nice one Mark, looks like you got a nice one! Just use Timespy to check your performance isn't retarding as you push the clocks, mine loses performance over 2.62Ghz (at 1025mV). Got near to 19500 gfx score with mine on my old Intel sys.

Caporegime
picked up a XFX merc 6800xt today, running sweet as a nut at 1000v 2700 core 2100 memory.

Absolutely blinding card.
Congrats, i am a bit jealous as that would be my preferred 6900 XT. :)
Nice one Mark, looks like you got a nice one! Just use Timespy to check your performance isn't retarding as you push the clocks, mine loses performance over 2.62Ghz (at 1025mV). Got near to 19500 gfx score with mine on my old Intel sys.
This.

Associate
Sounds strange. I just set mine to sleep (don't normally have it go to sleep), and it awoke from sleep straight away, no problems.

It's a very strange bug/feature.
I have also tested my pc, on my LG 55B8 TV, and it was happy to resume normal operation, with that.
So I can only surmise it's a bug with the GFX card and my specific model of Dell monitor.
So I'll have to report it to AMD.

My overclocking escapades continue. I have had my system routinely hitting 2.5 - 2.6GHz when under full load. With tempatures reading 60C and 75C Juntion, however I still can't get the system to exceed my 320Watt power limit, with AMD Radeon Software. It must be a firmware limit to my card.

Soldato
Agreed- unless of course you buy the Sapphire Nitro 6900XT and overclock that?

correct me if I'm wrong but I belive I've read people with that card have the same 300w issue. And then there is the red devil with it's claimed 480w power limit but that card too actually runs into the 300w cap - something in the bios (or maybe it's the driver) continues to cause it despite some manufacturers claiming they have higher limits

Last edited:
Soldato
That's an.. interesting color scheme you have going there :p red, grey, white, black, turd brown and slightly more yellow turd brown

Back
Top Bottom