• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
I hope I have helped your Sapphire Toxic Extreme 6900 XT Sales @Gibbo ;)

P.S, it's not the Ultimate, it's actually called the Extreme Edition so your product title is wrong I think.

We need a smiley for when something goes completely over ones head. :)
I love Gerard to be fair, he does not take any crap from some users on this forum so always gives me a chuckle when he puts people in their place. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The tubes needed to be on the end of the card, dont know if my case would close with one of them in it. Also reviews say the thing is noisy so that put me off. I was going to get the none extreme one.

Caporegime
The tubes needed to be on the end of the card, dont know if my case would close with one of them in it. Also reviews say the thing is noisy so that put me off. I was going to get the none extreme one.
Don't bother, the Extreme Version is currently cheaper than the Limited Edition as OcuK only have 1 of the latter left. Extreme or go home!

I didn't have room in my case (Phanteks P600s) as I have a Arctic 420 AIO in the front, so the 360 Toxic Extreme sits on top of my case.

Luckily it fits perfectly so it can live up there. The RGB on the card and fans is nice if you like that sort of thing.

T6I06rm.jpg

The pump noise is audible in a completely silent room with the case window off. Otherwise in a closed case it is quiet.

Reviewers bench on open test beds usually.

Associate
If you mean by messing around with settings etc that's not something I bother with these days, used to but I find it more of an annoyance now where something will end up getting slung out a window at some point. Same goes for cpu, memory settings etc, simply do not have the patience for any of that crap these days.

Only played a few rounds of bfv with it to date and messed about in gtav a bit, for a game from 2013 performance in that is grim. Besides that I'm more or less waiting for bf 2042 to put it to use more, and if that game turns out to be a turd will likely just sell it on.

I get that. I played with my Radeon settings for a while, and I believe that I found the limits of my Sapphire Nitro+ at the 303W power limit early on - but I kept pressing forward just for the benchmarks and got a little caught up in it all. The result is that my Time Spy scores are up about 2000 points from where I started 3 months ago (in both the total score and GPU score). But there is definitely a point of diminishing returns with my air cooled Nitro+, and the biggest early improvements were the easiest.

At this point I can just wait for updates to the Radeon software/drivers, since I see a noticeable bump in performance each time they release an update. My 6900XT is more than sufficient for any game I want to play, except a couple that allow ray tracing where I'd have to sacrifice quality settings for usable 4K frame rates (using Samsung low-latency 4K HDTV).

I'm also running my 5950X on stock power limits. I watched some videos on tuning the PBO settings, using Ryzen Master software while the CPU is under a continuous load, in order to help one tune their PBO settings for the 5950X (for max CPU core Mhz vs temperature/power/amps), and only saw gaming performance increase by 1-3 fps for them. Their fps went up 1-2% while CPU benchmarks were up 15-20%. So I decided to just skip PBO, as well as forget about increasing my 6900XT power limit, to improve the longevity of my hardware.

Soldato
Don't bother, the Extreme Version is currently cheaper than the Limited Edition as OcuK only have 1 of the latter left. Extreme or go home!

I didn't have room in my case (Phanteks P600s) as I have a Arctic 420 AIO in the front, so the 360 Toxic Extreme sits on top of my case.

Luckily it fits perfectly so it can live up there. The RGB on the card and fans is nice if you like that sort of thing.

T6I06rm.jpg

The pump noise is audible in a completely silent room with the case window off. Otherwise in a closed case it is quiet.

Reviewers bench on open test beds usually.

Your PCIE cables remind me of fingers of an Alien.

Associate
Here's a question from a non-techie. If I purchase a GPU with an AIO (2 fans) and a CPU AIO (3 fans), what would be the optimal configuration for those fans and the case ones? Assuming a P500A with one rear exhaust and the three front fans. 9 fans total, should 5 be intake and 4 exhaust for positive pressure or the other way around? Is exhaust out of the bottom of the case worthwhile or is it just going to be blowing desk dust and things like post-its etc all over the place? I have my eye on building a 5900x and 6900XT system in a P500A, but I work in law enforcement so my technical knowledge is 100% second hand.

Caporegime
Here's a question from a non-techie. If I purchase a GPU with an AIO (2 fans) and a CPU AIO (3 fans), what would be the optimal configuration for those fans and the case ones? Assuming a P500A with one rear exhaust and the three front fans. 9 fans total, should 5 be intake and 4 exhaust for positive pressure or the other way around? Is exhaust out of the bottom of the case worthwhile or is it just going to be blowing desk dust and things like post-its etc all over the place? I have my eye on building a 5900x and 6900XT system in a P500A, but I work in law enforcement so my technical knowledge is 100% second hand.
Using a Phanteks P600s here, so similar case.

I would recommend having the CPU AIO as intake in the front of the case.

I am assuming you are going with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU and a Asus 6900 XT Strix?

If so the CPU will almost always be blowing cool air into the case as the Ryzen CPUs don't generate much heat due to low power draw.

I would then have 1 exhaust fan in the top rear running as slow as possible, and the GPU AIO running in the roof as exhaust.

Should give you a balanced system and optimal temperatures for all components.

Associate
Not 100% sure on the GPU, am monitoring the prices over the next month or two largely as I have some other expenditure on the horizon. Thanks ever so for the advice, much appreciated.

Associate
After around 4 months and a lot of blood, sweat and tears. Finally getting to a nice point on the double storey extension on my house.
I now have a proper corner that I can be proud of, Ikea Thyge 1600 x 800 desk with all my kit, not just shoved under the stairs on some puny black glass and chrome argos *****.
Sorry If this is off topic.
I can see the 6900XT in all its glory.

Back
Top Bottom