• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
You are going full-throttle on the power limit. Does playing around with the Frequency tab nets a significant benefit? You might wanna be careful with those voltages https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/offizieller-amd-rx6700-rx-6700xt-x6800-6800xt-6900xt-overclocking-und-modding-thread-wakü-lukü-ln2.1282285/page-682#post-28854289 .

Im aware, its my bench only settings. 1.2V (stock) and 2800mhz is my daily.

FCLK helps with stability and a bit higher clocks sometimes. Same with soc. But im still working on exactly what. most of my settings are copied from luxx, and then tweaked for my card

Caporegime
Soldato
I notice that other place is no longer selling the MSI Trio Z, it and all the ex displays have vanished from the website. :eek:

I was close to getting one of those for my MBA 6900 XT. I saw a picture of one on reddit and it looked nice. But ended up going with the Toxic and now planning to sell my 6900 XT MBA.

Was a bit tempted myself but my 6900 isnt a reference design.

Not quite what am after, as i have a spare AIO, and just want the mount / heatspreader for it to replace the stock cooling.

This is what im thinking of:
Hydro Series™ HG10 N970 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket (corsair.com)

Yeah I know what you were thinking of but there is no ready made solution bar the Alphacool I have looked already for mine.

Only other option is to bite the bullet and do the tie wrap method.

Soldato
My Toxic should be here tomorrow, I'm extremely excited tbh, should be a nice upgrade from the 2070s I've been using these last few weeks.
Also my first AMD card in some time, the last being two Fury Xs, going take some time getting up to date with drivers and overclocking etc but looking forward to it.
I will say after recently building a system for a friend using a 6700xt, amd still have the better image, something I noticed straight away while testing it.

Associate
My Toxic should be here tomorrow, I'm extremely excited tbh, should be a nice upgrade from the 2070s I've been using these last few weeks.
Also my first AMD card in some time, the last being two Fury Xs, going take some time getting up to date with drivers and overclocking etc but looking forward to it.
I will say after recently building a system for a friend using a 6700xt, amd still have the better image, something I noticed straight away while testing it.
The colours supposedly look better because Nvidia limits RGB by default, though I heard that can be changed. I noticed the change but I had already sold the 3080 and bought the 6900XT. In terms of software I find it really convenient that you can do all the overclocking from AMD's software rather than having to use Afterburner. You cant undervolt as efficiently but imo it does the job. Overall I have been very happy with the 6900XT even compared to the 3080 FTW3 I had, so I am sure you wont regret it.

Caporegime
Exciting! Be sure to let us know what the max clock frequency is set to in Radeon Software.

Caporegime
Does that change from card to card?
Yes, it varies by 100Mhz or so per GPU.

It does not necessarily mean a lower clock is a bad thing though.

The best XTX Merc I owned out of three, had the lowest out of the box core clock.

Out of two Toxics I’ve owned, the second one which was the best had a 10Mhz lower core clock.

Associate
Yes, it varies by 100Mhz or so per GPU.

It does not necessarily mean a lower clock is a bad thing though.

The best XTX Merc I owned out of three, had the lowest out of the box core clock.

Out of two Toxics I’ve owned, the second one which was the best had a 10Mhz lower core clock.
My Merc out of the box has 2605mhz (when you first open the program on default settings). I never paid too much attention because I didnt know that it varied from card to card.

Caporegime
Honestly I dont think anyone here runs their 6900XT maxed out, I personally have mine 2000-2600Mhz for daily use.
I'm running my Toxic at 2750/2850 in Call of Duty Vanguard using a 400W power limit. 350W with peaks up to 390W in COD Vanguard and Far Cry 6 at 325W 4K max settings.

Changed the stock paste to Silver King Liquid metal. Saw a big improvement in temps. Seeing a 6-8c delta between edge and junction temperature.

Junction temp below 80c, even at 400W. Toxic cooler is great and coupled with liquid metal allows big overclocks.

Stock 6900 XT boost clock is 2250Mhz. Toxic running at 2850Mhz is some overclock. Last Toxic did 2770Mhz. All stable in games. Obviously can overclock higher for short benchmarks if needed.

With MPT and added voltage up to 1.3v, 3Ghz+ is probably possible.

Back
Top Bottom