• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
There is no point in posting your ASIC score. It means nothing. This has been done to death on various forums throughout the years. There is no correlation between your ASIC score and how good your GPU is or how well it overclocks.

Permabanned
I had a GTX 480 with an ASIC of 54.3 and it would clock on Air to 920mhz which was considered a very high overclock for Fermi. I never cared for it after that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool Story Bro.

People have been posting their ASIC scores on forums for years, ever since GPU-Z added it, in a vain attempt to show that the value means some thing to the end user. Just google it. You will find a large number of threads on various tech forums discussing this very topic with a lot of people posting their Asic scores. And the conclusions reached at the end are nearly all the same, that the Asic value doesn't mean very much.

Maybe these values will have some importance to the extreme overclockers, using LN2 and the like. But for the rest of us the silicon lottery will still decide how good your card overclocks.

Soldato
There is no point in posting your ASIC score. It means nothing. This has been done to death on various forums throughout the years. There is no correlation between your ASIC score and how good your GPU is or how well it overclocks.
Moar number higher bigger up score better larger increased.

Associate
Hey Guys, Sorry to spam this here but can any of your help me regarding username change? I have used 'contact us' process and sent DM to a mod but nothing seems to work.

Associate
Been out of PC gaming for 4 years. Toying with the idea about getting back into it. Previously I was usually Nvidia for many, many years. And one of the advantages years ago were the drivers and the ability to set settings per game. Would really appreciate some insight to where the AMD drivers are these days? Can you set individual profiles per game now?

Also is the £2k card variant much better than other 6900XT's at around the £1300 mark? Is there a card which is the sweet spot?

Also, one final question, would there be an advantage pairing this with an AMD mobo and CPU?

Many thanks in advance.

Permabanned
Been out of PC gaming for 4 years. Toying with the idea about getting back into it. Previously I was usually Nvidia for many, many years. And one of the advantages years ago were the drivers and the ability to set settings per game. Would really appreciate some insight to where the AMD drivers are these days? Can you set individual profiles per game now?

Also is the £2k card variant much better than other 6900XT's at around the £1300 mark? Is there a card which is the sweet spot?

Also, one final question, would there be an advantage pairing this with an AMD mobo and CPU?

Many thanks in advance.
You can do all of that.

I would definitely stick to the cheaper end for a 6900XT but is your call.

The only advantage to pairing with AMD is SAM support.

Make sure you get fast memory on Ryzen. 3600mhz c16 or better. For 1:1 infinity fabric speed. 3733mhz is the ideal maximum with as low latency as possible.

Drivers are hit or miss. Really is luck based. But for the majority they work as intended.

Associate

Many thanks in advance.
I have had virtually no problems with AMD drivers since I got my 6900XT about 1.5 years ago. Obviously, This is just my experience but from what I have seen and heard, AMD drivers are just as fine as Nvidia ones these days.

Caporegime

Many thanks in advance.
You can set per game profiles for graphics, display and overclock settings. Alternatively, you can just set everything globally.

More information on what you can do here and here with regards to the software package.

The MSI Gaming Z Trio is going for a good price at the moment and it's using the higher quality XTXH chip, so that would be my current recommendation.

Associate
Many thanks guys. The drivers look great now with individual application config option. Cheers for the link LtMatt.

One other question. Apologies as its a bit of a deep HDR question:
Part of the reason I moved away from PC gaming was the HDR implementation on Windows 10 was rubbish years ago. I know its been improved on Windows 11, which is great. However I notice that the OS will likely set its HDR to 1499nits peak brightness, from what I've been reading. The problem is I have an £8000 TV that can natively go to around 2500+nits. So how would the 6900 deal with HDR. Does the Windows 11 1499nit impact gaming negatively when setting the HDR correctly? i.e is peak brightness going to be limited for me.

I am aware that the HDR calibration app on my Xbox Series X is coming across to PC, which would resolve this. But that could be months away...

Caporegime
Many thanks guys. The drivers look great now with individual application config option. Cheers for the link LtMatt.

One other question. Apologies as its a bit of a deep HDR question:
Part of the reason I moved away from PC gaming was the HDR implementation on Windows 10 was rubbish years ago. I know its been improved on Windows 11, which is great. However I notice that the OS will likely set its HDR to 1499nits peak brightness, from what I've been reading. The problem is I have an £8000 TV that can natively go to around 2500+nits. So how would the 6900 deal with HDR. Does the Windows 11 1499nit impact gaming negatively when setting the HDR correctly? i.e is peak brightness going to be limited for me.

I am aware that the HDR calibration app on my Xbox Series X is coming across to PC, which would resolve this. But that could be months away...
Hmm, not sure on that one. Have you asked Microsoft since it is likely more an OS limit than any limit imposed by the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom