• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
From 12 minutes onwards in my video, you get some more mirror/metal/glass surfaces.

There are a couple of maps/areas further on in the game which are very orientated around reflections with all the metal but I think they might be a bit further in the game e.g.

32b1wGL.jpg

LbbVT7b.jpg

Pu0LUpC.jpg

Tz6d0vH.jpg

Oo8001s.jpg

Not had a chance to upload video of that bit at the start yet @LtMatt ? Curious to see perf. etc. stats.

Caporegime
The de-lidded 8700k I did couple of years ago I used nail varnish, this time I just put masking tape round the GPU and carefully added the LM then removed the masking tape.

In other words I did a LtMatt.
If you are careful, no need for varnish or anything IMO, however I can understand why folks do it for peace of mind.

Cleaning the liquid metal off it is very easy to spill a drop or two onto the surrounding components. Be that a GPU PCB or a Motherboard PCB.
Is the LM slimy? ;)
:cry:
Not had a chance to upload video of that bit at the start yet @LtMatt ? Curious to see perf. etc. stats.
I'll get to it at some point, but currently downloading a lot of different games and uploading videos to YouTube showing the performance of the 5800X3D.

@Duckwave Captured two 1440P videos, will share one of them later once its uploaded. FPS is virtually unchanged from 1080P for the most part.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Duckwave First video is up, second will be available later today.

Found a 5800X3D running with a 3090 TI using DLSS at 1440P at the same settings. Seems to be noticeably slower, even with DLSS enabled.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Found a 5800X3D running with a 3090 TI using DLSS at 1440P at the same settings. Seems to be noticeably slower, even with DLSS enabled.

images

Associate
Well finally got around to stripping the PC, all new thermal pads and thermal paste......

Well happy with that. The Junction temp before was 90-95 and now max I have seen is 60c

Associate
None at all, everything had good contact, too be honest I was getting really peev'd off as I was certain I would then refill the system to see exact same temps lol.

Associate
Yes I am pretty sure the XFX card comes with 332w as retail.

At these levels I’m happy not to play with MPT, I only really play WOW right now anyway :cry:

Associate
RMA'd my 6900XT today @LtMatt

Hoping they can repair or replace it and my cold boot issues are gone. 3080ti is a good card, but I'm literally getting like 50-60fps less with it. I could use max AA with sharpening on 69000xt and never go below 180fps. I'm getting lows of 130fps with my 3080ti without sharpening.

Really hard to play without sharpening on WZ now, not going to lie.

Back
Top Bottom