The ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Owners Thread

OcUK Staff
If its running fine on the old bios, why is the new one an upgrade!! Come on Mark......

My guess is corrupt MEI that was flashed when rolling back bios... not all Bios are updating MEI or ROG firmware. If its not broke nothing to fix...

Associate
FWIW it's worth I've had awful trouble maintaining 3200 on the latest and previous bios.......just not playing nice at all, especially when trying to sync all cores.
Haven't stumbled upon a solution yet, so may go back a couple flashes, but it's low priority at the mo.

Soldato
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. Any way to correct faulty mei and get the bios one back to operational as I now have no backup bios? Think the mei was updated separately to a bios upgrade by an intel update - should I uninstall that and see if it fixes things?

Hope yoy are well mate.

Mark

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys,

I've have had this board just under 3 months everything has been working great but suddenly my USB 2 headers seem to have stopped working and not getting audio from the jack in either front of case or motherboard jack?

Associate
Help please !

So I have just attempted my 2nd ever build (first was 3 years ago) so a bit of a noob.

Specs : i7 4850k
Rampage v edition 10 mobo
Corsair h100i
16gb corsair dominator 3200
Zantec GTX 1080 amp extreme
Samsung 850 pro 1tb see
Corsair ax 1200i psi

So I powered it up for the first time and I get no display - qcode a2 - ide detect 2nd time power on and subsequent I get a9 (start of setup) and still no display.

None of the q leds stay lit suggesting there is no component issue, all fans come on and there is power to the GPu. 4 leds lit on the memory so again no issue.

I have unplugged all drives other than the Samsung and tried a diff GPu and different slot. Still no luck

Any ideas ?

Update: clearing the cmos returns the q code to a2 - and still no display

Last edited:
Associate
Yes sorry did mean 6850k

Anyway sorted after 5 hours of trying everything.

Issue was I had my 4K monitor connected via DisplayPort - switched to hdmi and it cleared the qcode and switched the monitor on. I assume it was the lack of a driver causing the issue although no clue why it returned an ide detect error for that.

Man of Honour
OP
Had the need to go back to 32GB so I've laid my hands on the Dominator Platinum Special Edition (4x8GB in black anodized aluminium):

EbAashw.jpg

Effortlessly, straight in at 3200MHz (14-16-16-36).

Soldato
Hey cosimo - nice ram mate - looks spiffing. Might have to consider some myself. Any way to recover a bios chip? as one of my bios refuses to allow me to set correct ram speed - see above post. I am now down to only one working bios - this worries me.

Mark

Man of Honour
OP
Hey cosimo - nice ram mate - looks spiffing. Might have to consider some myself. Any way to recover a bios chip? as one of my bios refuses to allow me to set correct ram speed - see above post. I am now down to only one working bios - this worries me.

Mark

It is rather nice, thanks. :) I ordered it when we were aboard. :D That is a special edition so there may not be a lot left.

I don't know of any way apart from changing the chip or sending it back. The same happened on one of my previous boards and I lived with just the one working.

Soldato
It is rather nice, thanks. :) I ordered it when we were aboard. :D That is a special edition so there may not be a lot left.

I don't know of any way apart from changing the chip or sending it back. The same happened on one of my previous boards and I lived with just the one working.

Cheers cosimo - where did you get the ram, here or elsewhere?

Mark

Just ordered the corsair ram from Corsair.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Cheers cosimo - where did you get the ram, here or elsewhere?

Mark

Just ordered the corsair ram from Corsair.

Same here. Ordered on the 7th and arrived on the 19th. It will come from Taiwan by DHL Express and is that part is just a matter of a few days.

I knew that you couldn't resist. :D Is there just black now left?

Soldato
Same here. Ordered on the 7th and arrived on the 19th. It will come from Taiwan by DHL Express and is that part is just a matter of a few days.

I knew that you couldn't resist. :D Is there just black now left?

Hi Cosimo,

Should not have splurged on these - but your right, I couldn't resist. I wish you wouldn't keep tempting me:p.

Worryingly though I got this message from Corsair:-
Dear Guest,
Your order # 1400109084 is on hold, pending further review.
To help us process your order as soon as possible please speak with a webstore representative at 1-888-222-4346 ext. 704, Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Residents outside of the United States can call this number free of charge via Skype.
Thank you again for being a valued Corsair customer.

Sincerely,
Corsair Webstore Team

So I tried it with skype - not available - grrrrrrr.
What now????

Don't know if they will deliver or not now?

Mark

Man of Honour
OP
Hi Cosimo,

Should not have splurged on these - but your right, I couldn't resist. I wish you wouldn't keep tempting me:p.

Worryingly though I got this message from Corsair:-
Dear Guest,
Your order # 1400109084 is on hold, pending further review.
To help us process your order as soon as possible please speak with a webstore representative at 1-888-222-4346 ext. 704, Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Residents outside of the United States can call this number free of charge via Skype.
Thank you again for being a valued Corsair customer.

Sincerely,
Corsair Webstore Team

So I tried it with skype - not available - grrrrrrr.
What now????

Don't know if they will deliver or not now?

Mark

Don't worry, I had that as well. Do nothing as they are processing the payment and you'll get another email saying payment has been reserved then another five days later saying that it's shipped.

Now to tempt you with a Samsung 960 PRO Polaris M.2 drive which I'll be getting next. :p:D

Soldato
Don't worry, I had that as well. Do nothing as they are processing the payment and you'll get another email saying payment has been reserved then another five days later saying that it's shipped.

Now to tempt you with a Samsung 960 PRO Polaris M.2 drive which I'll be getting next. :p:D

You devil - please stop putting ideas in my head - especially as I fancied getting the 960Pro Polaris drive. I must admit though - not sure we will really see a difference in everyday computing only benchmarks.:rolleyes:

Mark
Ps You could always buy me a 960 Pro for xmas - you've spent all my money already. Lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi I'm after some help plz. I rma'd my board but it got rejected because I took the sticker off the pcie slot not even giving it a thought that the warranty would be void if I did. Is there anything I can do?

Caporegime
Wow Asus "extra" special warranty that you pay a premium price for really does suck

EDIT: isnt that the serial number sticker though?

Last edited:
Associate
never dealt with asus only scan where I bought it. The sticker was starting to peel off so I removed it. Yeah it's the serial.( I know I'm dumb) Still have it.They said send it back in an envelope and they'll have to send back to asus and asus will decide what happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom