The ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Owners Thread

Caporegime
I would presume you should be fine once you have sent the sticker. Its not like these boards are over a year old plus they will know which board it is once they have the serial number sticker.

What went wrong with it anyway?

Associate
never dealt with asus only scan where I bought it. The sticker was starting to peel off so I removed it. Yeah it's the serial.( I know I'm dumb) Still have it.They said send it back in an envelope and they'll have to send back to asus and asus will decide what happens.

Good luck with that !. Get the MB back, put the sticker back on and deal with Asus directly, if you don't you'll probably regret it.

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm also the owner of an ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard and I'm at the 3rd one first 2 were returned. First one because it could not read the RAM in C and D slots no matter what. Second because it came scratched and would BSOD on me whenever it pleased.

Now this third one is not without problems. Firstly the memory stick with all the programs and drivers came blank. Nothing on it. Secondly while it is more stable it still would crash games after playing for a while. It does not freeze the whole computer but it just crashes the game after say one hour play time. So far I tested it on 2 games, FarCry 4 and Starcraft 2.

I checked temps and all is fine because it's all watercooled. You can find my log under Project Logs section on this forum.

I then ran 3dMark stress test Time Spy and the after completing 20 loops the score I get is between 88% and 92% which is not a pass, meaning the system is unstable.

I tried removing all overclock, even on RAM no XMP in BIOS but no joy.

Can you tell me how your MB handles 3dMark stress test? Maybe this is common with this MB? If not, I'll return this for the 3rd time, FFS!

Associate
I'll leave it running in a bit and see what I get.

Doesn't sound great though... I haven't had any crashes unless I was pushing the overclock at too low of a voltage.

Many thanks! It should do 20 loops unless you have the pro version which is very expensive and you probably don't need it. It will take around 10 minutes.

Soldato
I wouldn't... it likely acts as extra cooling to some of the hotter points on the board.

It probably wouldn't overheat without it though.

Thanks, was not entirely clear what it was for, think I may grab one and try it without the shielding but, current board is driving me up the wall!

Associate
just got me one of these boards, with a i7 6800k and 16g of ram quad corsair dominator at 3000mhz. also with a Samsung M2 950 pro installed. wanted to get back into clocking as ive had an imac for a few years. also back to water cooling with a GTX 1080 in the loop.

the bios I have is 0901 I know there have been updates, but so far I am reluctant to update as all is working great. the old adage of if its not broke don't fix it comes to mind.

so far and iam only talking 24hrs since build, I am at 4.2ghz 1.1vcore and system runs perfect and stable, with all the tests.

seems a great board so far, so no complaints, has anyone noticed any thing special with newer bios's?

Soldato
You have the right idea with the bios, recent bios seem to break peoples XMP , my 6800k is stable with 3200mhz dominators . I'm running the same bios and sticking with it.

Soldato
I then ran 3dMark stress test Time Spy and the after completing 20 loops the score I get is between 88% and 92% which is not a pass, meaning the system is unstable.

I tried removing all overclock, even on RAM no XMP in BIOS but no joy.

Can you tell me how your MB handles 3dMark stress test? Maybe this is common with this MB? If not, I'll return this for the 3rd time, FFS!

Its highly unlikely that the motherboard is effecting your timespy stress test, may other factors could be at play. Try the following :-

Do you have the lighting control software installed ? if so remove it.

Do you have the supreme FX HiFi software installed ? i found that it caused high core usage and other issues , remove it.

Disable Turbo boost max 3 in the intel turbo control panel

Try a fresh windows install without any of the bundled software.

I've always found that Asus while making great hardware are poor on the software front so i generally avoid installing any of their software if it can be helped.

Soldato
You have the right idea with the bios, recent bios seem to break peoples XMP , my 6800k is stable with 3200mhz dominators . I'm running the same bios and sticking with it.

Had exactly the same problem with broken XMP with bios 1003 - so sticking with 901 now, and all fine. Strange thing is bios 1003 worked fine for a while and then started to play up - weird.

Back
Top Bottom