The ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX/EXTREME Owners Thread

Soldato
Would like to join this little club - please see pic below. It is only on my test bench temporarily whilst waiting for my new case to arrive.
DSC_0011edit.jpg

Looking forward to having a play with this.:)

Mark
Sorry about pic size - can someone recommend an easy sharing site to post pics in here? Photobucket is awful.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Soldato
Thread seems a little out of date as far as ROH concerned. Still makes no odds really. We can all get on with enjoying our goodies.
Apparently there are reboot issues with Intel patches - not sure if they are in the bios update mentioned above, but holding off on mine for now.

Mark

Soldato
Thread seems a little out of date as far as ROH concerned. Still makes no odds really. We can all get on with enjoying our goodies.
Apparently there are reboot issues with Intel patches - not sure if they are in the bios update mentioned above, but holding off on mine for now.

Mark

Apparently so. I'd recommend waiting for the revised microcode.

Man of Honour
OP
ASUS have finally put up the ME update:

Version 11.7.0.1057 2018/02/083.71 MBytes

X299_cons_20180122
ME Update tool
Intel has identified security issue that could potentially place impacted platform at risk. Use ME Update tool to update your ME.
*We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 11.7.0.1057 simultaneously.
MD5:2baaeae460facd90451906fdeede6977

Don't forget the new ME driver.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys,

Other than for water cooling options (which I'm not going to do) and having a greater RAM capacity, is there any significant reason to go for the Extreme over the Apex?

Not massively, The Extreme does have 10G, Wireless AD, slightly diffrent I/O and of course all the bling, OLED panel, RGB, Addressable header 2 way effect being the large difference. Extreme also does not support Kabylake-X.

Soldato
Thanks Radox.

I was worried there might be some other restriction(s). The 10G, wireless and bling are nice to haves, but I reckon I can put the funds saved by choosing the Apex over the Extreme, into other components.

Back
Top Bottom