The ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX/EXTREME Owners Thread

Soldato
Can I get on TROH please.:)

0ASioGB.jpg

I dunno, I cant see the Rampage logo clearly, may not be the rampage or Apex :p

school boy error.

only ever have one hard drive plugged in when installing windows. Once installed then connect up other hard drives.

Has been the way since windows 7 and recovery partitions.

Yeah I thought I had disconnected them :mad:

I reinstalled window's a few times as I kept getting some error messages initially which turned out to be a missing driver file. Think I will do another fresh install again.

Soldato
I just timed my boot.

From power button to logon its 38 seconds. I have windows fast booting disabled under power settings as i hate any form of sleep or hibernation.

Soldato
I just timed my boot.

From power button to logon its 38 seconds. I have windows fast booting disabled under power settings as i hate any form of sleep or hibernation.

Ahhh, when you said seconds I was thinking 15 seconds or so. In that case not that much different to what I am seeing after making a few tweaks, so looks to be the norm in that case.

Soldato
Board is in and working great for most the part and looks amazing, though I will say ASUS Aura suck's. On that note, can you do the rainbow mode while setting RGB strips separately? I must be an idiot as setting the rainbow mode which I only want on the boards applies it to the strips which I want in white only, so using my darkside strips for now.

Separately can the Hi Amp Fan header be controlled? For some odd reason says you need to plug in the extension card which makes no sense in AI suit?

14477ud.jpg

1znmwyu.jpg

You should be able to control the high amp header from Qfan.

Honestly though, on a build like this you need the Aquaero. Nothing else comes close.

Soldato
You should be able to control the high amp header from Qfan.

Honestly though, on a build like this you need the Aquaero. Nothing else comes close.

I do have an Aquero unit, built into my Aquaduct which manages the coooling. But I have some Darkside LED strips which can be managed in terms of brightness via fan headers. Works fine for most the part aside from the Hi-Amp fan header which does not seem to be able to be controlled without the add-in card being used (in Qfan (to a very limited extent) or Fan expert 3 in AI suit at all) which makes no sense as the header is on the board.

Soldato
I do have an Aquero unit, built into my Aquaduct which manages the coooling. But I have some Darkside LED strips which can be managed in terms of brightness via fan headers. Works fine for most the part aside from the Hi-Amp fan header which does not seem to be able to be controlled without the add-in card being used (in Qfan (to a very limited extent) or Fan expert 3 in AI suit at all) which makes no sense as the header is on the board.

As far as I'm aware the extension card is a separate entity, the High amp header should be controllable without it.

Soldato
As far as I'm aware the extension card is a separate entity, the High amp header should be controllable without it.

Yes and that is the crux of it :)

The fan extension card is separate and hooks to the board via a header. The High Amp fan header is on the board and located next to 24 pin. For some reason however to get control over the High Amp can header it says the extension card needs to be plugged in which makes no sense. No biggie either way, just a bizarre quirk.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

I do just that with my Darkside LEDs and Aquaero 6 XT, it works really well.

If you want to use the MB Fan headers you'll need to change them from PWM to DC and you can control the brightness via that.

Soldato
I do just that with my Darkside LEDs and Aquaero 6 XT, it works really well.

If you want to use the MB Fan headers you'll need to change them from PWM to DC and you can control the brightness via that.

I think I am not making it clear so apologies and probably made it a bigger deal then it is. My Issue is just limited to the below really
xf23hd.png

I was just trying to puzzle why the high-amp fan header cannot be used once in Window's and using AI suit 3 (Like it to control fans and lighting once within windows) and needs the Fan Extension card when it has nothing to do with said extension card (Does not matter what its set to in BIOS because DC/PWM etc AI Suit 3 takes over and provides full power to anything attached).

I need to use few motherboard headers as the Aquero unit on the aquaduct is slightly different as most are provisioned for the fan's, sensors and pumps within the unit, but just came across this when messing around. Not a big deal either way as I can just use another header, but thought it was rather weird.

Soldato
Is there an entry in the UEFI for H_Amp header?

Yep, from which I can see any attached fans or lighting change as expected as I adjust (without the fan extension card attached). It's once you get into Windows and use fan utilities you can no longer control the header without the fan extension card connected.

Soldato
Yeah, not sure why AI Suite seems to think that. I've mentioned it to ROG, anyway.

Wasn't pressing you because I thought you were wrong BTW, just wanted to know what was happening for you

Yeah no worries, never took it the wrong way. Was double checking things myself to be honest. Cheers for passing the message on :)

Associate
So... I have this board paired with a 7900X and am planning to delid. The only issue I've found with the board so far is that the shroud prevents me from putting my GPU into the PCIE slot all the way. Oh and the PCIE Riser that came with my case won't work with my 1080Ti for some reason.

Soldato
So... I have this board paired with a 7900X and am planning to delid. The only issue I've found with the board so far is that the shroud prevents me from putting my GPU into the PCIE slot all the way. Oh and the PCIE Riser that came with my case won't work with my 1080Ti for some reason.

It was harder to get the GPU's in thanks to said shroud, but did fit in with a little harder then normal push (but not excessively. Once the latch comes down, its pretty secure. (this is with only custom block's and Reference blowers mind)

Associate
It was harder to get the GPU's in thanks to said shroud, but did fit in with a little harder then normal push (but not excessively. Once the latch comes down, its pretty secure. (this is with only custom block's and Reference blowers mind)

Mine has an EK block and have applied as much pressure as I'm willing to bet is safe and the GPU still isn't clicked in.

Soldato
Mine has an EK block and have applied as much pressure as I'm willing to bet is safe and the GPU still isn't clicked in.

Ahh bizzare that then. Use EK blocks + backplates aswell and clipped in fine for all 3 of my GPU's with blocks on. Was a pain as I had to put in all three together, but clipped in okay and tabs came down. Odd part for me was near the rear I/O shroud which is very tight with the EK backplate on.

Associate
Ahh bizzare that then. Use EK blocks + backplates aswell and clipped in fine for all 3 of my GPU's with blocks on. Was a pain as I had to put in all three together, but clipped in okay and tabs came down. Odd part for me was near the rear I/O shroud which is very tight with the EK backplate on.

Will have to give it another go. Maybe I'm being to gentle.

Back
Top Bottom