The ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX/EXTREME Owners Thread

Soldato
lmfao, big grin.:p

Hey guys am I right In saying I can add the ASUS HYPER M.2 x16 PCIe VROC RAID Card for to my Asus X299 deluxe with skylake x 7800x cpu and two
256GB Intel SSD 760p Series, M.2 (2280) PCIe 3.1 and I will get Raid 0 without an intel vroc key

cheers

Associate
If it's working well.... Your updating... Absolutely why?????? Not one reason... For sure you lose efficiency on later micro codes for a start....

Leave it... Enjoy your games.
Hi 8 Pack and thank you for answering, really appreciated!
But it's a bit late since I've already updated to 1401, don't make me feel sorry for this.
I still have to set the oc settings up and test (and bench), if I'll see a lot of loss and / or lower oc capability I shall turn back to the 1004.
Because I can do it, can't I?

Man of Honour
OP
New bios 1704 for Rampage/Apex:

Version 1704 2019/02/21

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 1704 / ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX BIOS 1704
- Improve system performance and stability.
- Fixed RAID card issue.
- Updated ME FW to ver. 11.11.60.1561
" Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file R6A.CAP

Associate
1704 seems to be back up now. Did anyone try them?

Version 1704 2019/02/218.71 MBytes

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 1704
- Fixed RAID card issue.
" Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file R6E.CAP

Man of Honour
OP
1704 seems to be back up now. Did anyone try them?

Version 1704 2019/02/218.71 MBytes

- Fixed RAID card issue.
" Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file R6E.CAP

I'll try it at the weekend.

Associate
I just took delivery of a second hand Extreme, got things setup and have discovered I can't print anything with the latest drivers for the Aquantia. Hope I've not bought a c*nt here.

Associate
Well I seem to have fixed the problem. The motherboard was running the 1704 BIOS when I got it so I had assumed it had the latest ME firmware as it's in the notes and didn't bother using the ME Update Tool. It does say that the ME FW is 11.11.60.1561 in the notes here:

- Fixed RAID card issue.

My board was running v11.10.0.1287 and was still vulnerable to the exploit. I ran the ME Update tool and it updated the firmware. Then I went to test the Aquantia with the v2.1.17 driver and I could actually print!

I thought that perhaps the ME didn't update when I flashed the BIOS again to 1704 as I used the EZ Flash 3 program inside the BIOS, so I tried with the Flashback port but couldn't get me SanDisk 32Gb USB 3.0 dongle to work. I tried with my USB 2.0 SATA hard drive caddy and managed to get the thing to flash. It still didn't update the ME firmware. I switched over to the second BIOS chip, BIOS 2 and proceeded to use Flashback to go from BIOS 1004 to 1704 and it still didn't change the ME firmware. So I booted up windows and updated the ME firmware from there... then went back to BIOS 1. I'd imagine that there are a few BIOS 2 chips out there vulnerable to the exploit.

I've ended up moaning about this issue on the ROG forum here if anyone wants to take a look. I think it's pretty shoddy of Asus to advertise a BIOS as having an updated ME firmware, when flashing that BIOS doesn't even change it.

I remember having problems a while back with my Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero and the BIOS level RAID. I updated the BIOS and my RAID array was forgotten about. I had to recover it.

Does updating the ME firmware do weird things like that?

Also, does the Windows MEI version have to be close to the ME firmware version? My motherboard ME firmware is now v11.11.60.1561 but the Windows MEI package I got from the Intel Download Center is ME_Consumer_Win10_11.8.60.3561

Associate
Hi,

Have a 7920x running on a Rampage 6 Extreme and got some issues..

1: I have a single 500gb M.2 installed on the card that slots near the ram. I've updated to the latest bios but when I boot from cold, it only sees the Blu-ray drive I have connected via sata. If I go and reflash the bios and then go into the boot menu I see the SSD then. I can then boot. Tried a mild overclock and rebooted and it just reboots to the bios. Went to the boot menu and only shows the Blu-ray drive. Reflashed the bios and still the same. Doesn't show the m.2 at all now.

I don't have the manual but downloaded it from the Asus website but can't see anything in there to help.

Any ideas?

Associate
has anyone changed from a asus x299 strix to a rampage extreme, simple mobo swap over or fresh install of operating system required?

i find it a nightmare to swap mobos because ive got a lot of stuff installed and i dont want to start over again....?

Associate
Can anyone help me if possible. I have 2 nvme's currently on the dimm.2 card nearest the rear I/O but when I go to install my new one on the dimm.2 card on the opposite side it just doesn't recognise it. Yet when I plug this new m.2 drive in a different system to test it it works fine. Is there something I need to do with the BIOS as the other other dimm.2 is wired into the PCH.

Back
Top Bottom