** THE ROYALTY OF CHAIRS HAS ARRIVED - INTRODUCING noblechairs OCUK EXCLUSIVE!!! **

Soldato
It was the epic real leather chair i will find my posts about it and the thread people posted in with issues

Here you go have a look through this thread

Cheers man, had a skim, I'm hoping that's just teething problems. Looks like they are picking up shipping costs, so I guess I can deal with returning it.

Kinda wondering why my order hasn't shipped mind as I placed it before start of business on Monday, maybe they know I'm a picky ******* and are going through stock to get the bestest one :p

Soldato
Mine arrives tomorrow so will give it a thorough staring at.

Its a Christmas present though so I can build it but not use it (to make sure uts all okay).

My missus is a cruel woman.

Soldato
Well, it's probably on hold as the 3 Corsair 140 ML reds I also had in the order are out of stock, pffft. Pretty sure they were stocked when I ordered! gah :\ could be a while until I get my chair

Soldato
Well, I got it today and it's pretty good over all but the stitching is somewhat wonky on the swaid insert that runs around the top and sides. Not sure how I feel about that, not the worst one I have seen mind but it would probably be better if they just didn't put any coloured stitching there at all. It seems like a very sturdy construction with no random popping noises as you move around which was actually pretty high on my list of wants, probably unusual wanting that but meh. I'll have a good look over her tomorrow and do a more detailed review when I have time as there are a few annoying things about the construction which are worth a heads up but nothing major. Really just the Michel J Fox stitching skills in that one area, definitely in no way as clean as the listing images

Soldato
Just put mine together. Took me 15 mins in total. Absolutely no qc issues to report, stitching is straight but there was a distinct lack of haribo once again. Some needs a p45.

Armrests come attached and thats the heaviest part. No problems getting the back on at all. I have 5 Nitro Concept C80 comfort chairs (only 1 assembled so far) for our games room and the back part of those is a pain to attach.

Very happy with it and now it will be put in the corner until Christmas (so harsh) but i can look at it longingly untils its wrapped.

Soldato
I'll look forward to your review. Was literally about to get the Epic one in black.

I'll give you the details now.

Overall it's a great chair but the following should be a consideration, the negative aspects are the ones they never tell you in reviews.

-The stitching is very bad around the shade like material that runs from the very top of the seat and down both sides, they obviously know this is unacceptable as none of the sales picture examples have stitching like this, it is thicker in parts and narrower in parts, wonky. This would be much less notable if it just wasn't there. Not what you would expect on a chair that retails for over £200, let alone £300 and they know it's unacceptable because they were careful not to include anything like this in their sales material. It feels like I have been sent seconds, just good enough not to be put in the bin or stripped and redone.

-The mechanism to join the back of the chair to the bottom is bent inwards on both sides , making the arm connections so tight I though the material was at serious risk of ripping, I had to strip down the cover units on the connection arms to get the chair back installed. If not for this, construction would have been pretty quick but fixing this more than doubled the time, was very nervous about slackening off the side with the spring mechanism on it (right).

-The above problem may be related to this one; The chair is about 1.5 inches further over to one side, it's obvious when you look at the armrests. There are tooled armrest adjustments under the seat but mine are identically spaced so this doesn't explain that defect, it may, however, allow me to disguise it.

-The lumbar and head supports/rests are pretty low quality, their construction and implementation could be much better for very low cost

Some pf the positives

-It's sturdy as, no popping sounds when you stand up or swivel etc although I have it on the lowest setting, this is a chair for tall people I'm 5-11 and my feet rest just right on the floor with the lowest setting, barefoot. If you are bellow 5-9 you may notice the hight. Rotation is smooth and not too free floating. The reclining feature could be a little lighter at it's finest setting and I may add some padding as when it rights itself it make a little thudding sounds, It's hardly worth mentioning and don't consider it a negative I just wanted an insanely sturdy and quiet chair and this is better than I could have hoped for. It is a very heavy chair but it's a quality heavy.

-The wheels run fairly well over a medium thickness carpet.

-The arm rests are nice, plain and a little cheap feeling, not quite in tune with the rest of the chair but their upper surface is padded, it's a firm padding, you wouldn't sink into them but you could easily put your elbows on them and it feels comfy. Adjustments are a bit stiff and jerky but this is something you are unlikely to change often, so I don't see it as a negative, personally.

-The chair kind of sparkles, The perforations in the not-leather have a material under it that sparkles but I think it dulls over a few days as I can hardly see it now, as I type.

-Most of the other stitching is okay, just a section on the arse bit where there is about an inch more red stitching than on the other side.

-Branding is VERY discreat and this is a massive plus, I can't tell you how important this is to me. The lumbar and headrests are an exception, they spoil everything, buy hey, that's my taste, you may be different and they are removable/replaceable. Someone said they couldn't install/remove the lumbar support when constructed, you can it's just very tight and require a bit of careful poking, fat hands may have a harder time of it :D

I'll get some pictures up of the stitching and the lopsided back at some point. I'm unsure if I should kick off at this point, so I'll let you guys decide if this is acceptable quality.

Soldato
Mine arrived in perfect condition with no issues. Very happy with it.

Go for it, should you have any issues, post in the CS section for a quick resolution. Most teething problems have been corrected though from what I read.

Soldato
I've been tempted by this for a long time, but honestly the fact that the QC is still hit and miss is pretty worrying.

I realise that I can ship it back if need be, or whatever, but that's such a massive pain in the ass to deal with.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
So my thoughts on the Epic Real Leather chair which I bought during the Black Friday Deals.

Massive box, I felt sorry for the delivery guy who struggled to get it up the first floor at my office only for me to get it downstairs again to put in the car to take home. Packaging seemed quite robust and on unpacking I didn't see anything especially odd. Stitching and the like seems fine, not undue scratches on any of the metalwork, etc. Looks and branding are quite understated.

On assembly read the instructions. They really do mean it when they say not to move the backrest lever before the backrest is attached!

I've been using it for a few days. Overall I find it quite comfortable, not perfect, but then everyone is a different shape, and maybe I still need to fine tune a my seat height or something. I'm around 6' and on the fat side of overweight. As such I prefer the style of this seat to many I've seen with the side bolster cushions only slightly raised so these don't cut into the thighs. Lots of adjustments with seat height, seat back, armrest height forwards back sideways, etc. The seat itself is very very firm.

So a few niggles. Given this is about the most expensive chair sold by OcUK may perhaps upset some.
  • The backrest is slightly misaligned to the seat. Probably out by 5mm or so. Not enough to be uncomfortable, but a keen eye will spot it.
  • The apertures in the seat back shoulders are trimmed in plastic. It's a bit cheap compared to the leather
  • The armrest adjustment buttons on the front inside edge of the armrest protrude out slightly. Somehow I once caught my trouser belt loop
  • The armrest height buttons, externally are mounted on a metal plate. This is exposed with square cut, and thus fairly sharp corners
  • The seatback is quite straight. Depending on your "slouch factor" and spine curvature that might be good, or not. But the lumbar support cushion supplied is likely to be too thick. Perhaps it's time many of these chairs built in a lumbar support adjustment, similar to that fitting in most cars?
  • The head rest and lumbar cushions have a velvet type material. Looks good out of the box, but I wonder what condition they will be in after a few months. They don't seem very cleanable, yet you can wipe down the leather

I probably have to give it an 8.5/10 as it's certainly good, but for the price point, not quite Epic.

Associate
Just bought this chair in Black/Gold....very much looking forward to getting it tomorrow from OCUK after such good reviews and the feedback on here.

Back
Top Bottom