• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Permabanned
The most addictive game right now for me is PC Building simulator. Not even joking, I have 27.4 hours in it and have only had it installed 4 days.

RTX DLSS blah blah, RTX 3070 is barely used LOL.

Associate
The most addictive game right now for me is PC Building simulator. Not even joking, I have 27.4 hours in it and have only had it installed 4 days.

RTX DLSS blah blah, RTX 3070 is barely used LOL.
I've down that rabbit hole and will revisit at some point, great little sim :)

Playing at locked 60 @ 1080p on 3060 Ti, CP2077 is the only game I've had to use DLSS in for the full RT suite so far. DL2 looks like it will be the same sketch.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Were the Resident Evil games meant to get DLSS also? The TAA in those games are not the best and I was looking forward to DLSS more than RT as the consoles have little to no RT so any RT used is barely noticeable usually.

Permabanned
Don't attempt to use FSR 1.0 on RE2 on nVidia GPU's with RT.

This happens.

You can turn it off and it will have ruined the image quality (Check Leon's hair) and performance is destroyed until you restart the game.

For what it is worth the 3070 in use can handle the game with maxed RT on at 1440P + an extra 40% downsampling for superior image quality and stay above 60 FPS.

VRam limits in RE2 have never been accurate in the graphics tab and it don't explain why lowering settings does nothing.

Soldato
Don't attempt to use FSR 1.0 on RE2 on nVidia GPU's with RT.

This happens.

You can turn it off and it will have ruined the image quality (Check Leon's hair) and performance is destroyed until you restart the game.

For what it is worth the 3070 in use can handle the game with maxed RT on at 1440P + an extra 40% downsampling for superior image quality and stay above 60 FPS.

VRam limits in RE2 have never been accurate in the graphics tab and it don't explain why lowering settings does nothing.

No problems here, but I am using the latest driver.

This looks absolutely stunning with RT.

Permabanned
No problems here, but I am using the latest driver.

This looks absolutely stunning with RT.
Just been out and let the latest driver install, will see how it goes now with the proper driver.

EDIT.

Turns out the 8GB Vram is not enough.

I have to run high (3GB) with texture pop in to run it smoothly.

With the latest driver the FPS drops is not anywhere near as bad but it's still not good.

I love the improvement RT brings since is fixes the SSR issues, but yeah no maxing it out for me at 1440P.

I will upload a vid, I tested by transitioning between rooms to load in new assets and get rid of the old.

Even at 1080P Vram limits the performance, it could be an issue with RE2 though since Capcom's DX12 implementation was crap to begin with.

Not the first to hit this problem. https://steamcommunity.com/app/883710/discussions/0/3414305949102688465/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Permabanned
Would be good to see vram statistics (dedicated and allocated) along with frame latency.

Also, with 140% image quality, are you not effectively upscaling? That would be just below 4k res.?

PS. not sure if you have a g/free sync screen? But if so, vsync should be turned off in game and turned on in the nvidia control panel.
All you need to watch is the power draw, when the FPS lowers the GPU is capped but power draw drops way below limits meaning Vram is stopping the GPU pushing more frames out.

Caporegime
All you need to watch is the power draw, when the FPS lowers the GPU is capped but power draw drops way below limits meaning Vram is stopping the GPU pushing more frames out.
Not necessarily as I have had issues in some games before with similar behaviour and vram was nowhere near being maxed. Not saying it is definitely not vram related but your OSD is missing the 3 main things which will assist in determining that it is 100% vram and nothing else.

Permabanned
Not necessarily as I have had issues in some games before with similar behaviour and vram was nowhere near being maxed. Not saying it is definitely not vram related but your OSD is missing the 3 main things which will assist in determining that it is 100% vram and nothing else.
I have done a much longer play through this time, it is Vram related but it is limited to only that certain area (Could be a problem in other areas I have not been to yet), the card does chew up to it's limits.
There is also a place where it visibly stutters quite a bit, when shooting the zombies that break through the door to the right.

Generally through the rest of the Police station after though performance was good, it however cannot be played on maximum settings, upscaling or not.

I toggled between Low, medium and high RT and that had a massive effect in that area where FPS tanks but it's at the end of the run. The FPS difference don't make sense though since there is barely any reflections etc in that room, just more assets loaded into Vram between the main hall and that room section.

I will say this we are at the limits easily with an RTX 3070, I can't wait for the release of the 4000 series because yes memory is a problem if you want the best settings.

... waiting on YT upload.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom