• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Caporegime
Looks like DF are noting the ray tracing issues with amd cards in another RT title:

So I am working on a video covering Forza Motorsport reveal and I was just happening to record some semi-related ray tracing reflection footage on PC from another game and I found this. Driver/Gfx people: is there a reason why AMD and Nvidia render reflections here differently?

The plates of the door have a blue highlight here on their top edge on Nvidia that is not visible on AMD. Same settings and location (4K Native, full roughness cut off, glossy reflections).

Soldato
the blue is there on AMD as well, it's very faint but it's there it's just very dark compared to how it appears on nvidia

No idea why

Soldato

Wow, when I watched the initial showing I was impressed but a lot less so after watching it slowed down like this. Like why do the brake discs look like mirrors in my bathroom lol - I know why now, it's the cheapest way to create ray traced reflections and saves 20-30% performance on AMD.

And the game looks a lot different in the trailers that run on pc be the Xbox series x gameplay

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still a worthwhile upgrade on the whole imo but yeah it's a shame we're being held back with RT so much but if they did dial up the RT, you would get people saying it is overdone :cry:

Surprised to see the 6800xt taking such a hit in certain scenes given how little it is used, not even able to hold a locked 60 all the time and that's using "optimised" settings:

WVUwHlJ.png

Caporegime
Been replaying cp2077 and I'm impressed with dlss performance preset on this new version of dlss, a massive improvement and a lot more usable now even @ 3440x1440. Anyone else finding the same?

DLSS quality vs performance

Caporegime
Did they recently update the DLSS version in Cyberpunk @Nexus18 or did you do a manual switch?

Here is comparison of 2.3.4 and 2.4.3 of dlss:

Couldn't get it lined up exactly but FPS is higher on whole, breaking that 70 fps mark :cool: IQ is maybe a bit better on the whole from a quick test but hard to see the difference outside of screenshots. In motion is an improvement though in terms of temporal stability with the shimmering/jaggies but obviously quality dlss still wins easily here.

Caporegime

F1 22 Out Now: Experience Incredible Ray-Traced Realism, and Accelerate Frame Rates By More Than 2X With NVIDIA DLSS​

UoWy3hi.png

Yikes :eek:

Looking forward to trying this.

Soldato

UoWy3hi.png

Yikes :eek:

Looking forward to trying this.
If those lows are anything to go by then RT is a no go for F1 at 4k. Have to be over 60 at all times for a good experience. I try to keep my average above 120 and no lows below 100. Consistent frames are king in driving games. Any stutter or big drops will have you off in no time if it happens near a corner breaking zone.

Caporegime
If those lows are anything to go by then RT is a no go for F1 at 4k. Have to be over 60 at all times for a good experience. I try to keep my average above 120 and no lows below 100. Consistent frames are king in driving games. Any stutter or big drops will have you off in no time if it happens near a corner breaking zone.
I don't think that is the lows in the bar chart, just the average FPS.

Given that is dlss performance though, you will have to sacrifice some settings if you want to use a higher quality dlss preset. I have found recent versions of dlss performance very good though, that and being fast in movement, you can probably get away with dlss performance more.

This does have some intense RT though so not too surprising how hard it is hitting.

Caporegime
Those aren't lows dude, they're fps without DLSS :D

Dread to imagine how rdna 2 fairs in this :eek: Looks like another game where RT will need to be turned off entirely, even with fsr on :p

But in all seriousness, I think with a few settings adjusted and dlss, it will run very nicely though :cool:

Unless you're playing competitively, you'll defo be wanting RT on for the best visual experience, no final footage comparisons yet but the pre-release version difference was very noticeable:

I imagine Alex/DF will be doing their usual in depth look at it.

Associate
I'm looking forward to F1 22 a lot, been a few years since I had one of these. Reading a few reviews and PC Gamer have the Ray tracing as being underwhelming - do they simply expect too much? The videos I've seen have looked pretty good.

DLSS looks to be a near necessity here.

Back
Top Bottom