• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Caporegime
Hopefully, not used fsr 2 yet, but like I mentioned before I'd be reducing other settings before using fsr 1 at a level lower than quality.

I maintain that I don't notice Ray tracing particularly in game, however. In benchmarks yes, but actually playing? Like i said, it's the type of game that almost benefits the least.

Lovely.option to have though!
Rather just reduce settings than use FSR 1 at UQ :p FSR 1 UQ for 4k is good though but not so good for anything less in my experience.

Agree, not the best game to showcase RT. The thing with RT I find is it is a bit like going from 60-144hz i.e. going from 60-144hz is noticeable but when you really notice it, is when you go from 144hz down to 60hz. RT just adds extra to graphics and how immersed you feel. I've played more RT games in the last 2 years than raster. so immediately notice all the downsides and issues of raster methods now :( Started playing days gone again and it looks fantastic, most would argue one of the best looking games, very good lighting, shadows, reflections but you can spot so many of the raster issues with light bleeding into other areas, halos around objects when looking at bodies of water, shadows not being properly hard/soft according to the type of environment and the light source, a weird illuminating glow in dark areas despite there being no light sources anywhere, objects not looking/feeling "grounded" and so on, on a side note, also a game that badly needs dlss as the taa is awful, ghosting and weird haloing around characters.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is a RTX thread. Take your shilling elsewhere Saul! :cry: :cry: :cry:
TBF, I think reflex is apart of the "RTX" feature set ;) :p

I have only used it a few times as not many games have it but must admit, it does make a somewhat noticeable difference based on my testing, but it's not a must have feature like ray tracing and dlss tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
TBF, I think reflex is apart of the "RTX" feature set ;) :p

I have only used it a few times as not many games have it but must admit, it does make a somewhat noticeable difference based on my testing, but it's not a must have feature like ray tracing and dlss tbh.

Yea. Not my thing as I hardly play online these days. Also don’t think I would benefit from it much, getting too old :cry:

Caporegime
Loopmancer out today with RTX features. Some screenshot comparisons of RT and dlss:

Z8v7SS8.png

sIt2Sd9.png

APhTnZ6.png

dpgSRFM.png

feWvxqR.png

JJWuF0H.png

hZBYyN9.png

No 21.9 support so will be holding of before playing further!

Caporegime
Stray is out today, thoroughly looking forward to it.

Not a RTX title to my knowledge and not confirmed but seems it is using some form of ray tracing?

Ray tracing lets you see neon lights reflected in gathered groundwater

while developers BlueTwelve Studio tell me Stray uses a “subset” of ray tracing, you don’t need specific, RT-capable GPUs get the best lighting and reflections.

Sadly reports of severe stutter issues from UE 4 shader compile but apparently the developers are working on it....

Soldato
Stray is out today, thoroughly looking forward to it.

Not a RTX title to my knowledge and not confirmed but seems it is using some form of ray tracing?

Sadly reports of severe stutter issues from UE 4 shader compile but apparently the developers are working on it....

Any idea if it supports 21:9 or not?

Caporegime
Spiderman confirmed to have DLSS, DLAA and RT reflections:

dN8RDDi.jpeg

6950xt to match 3080 for RT and your measly 3070 matching a 6900xt..... @TNA :p :D ;)

Beefy requirements that though especially the CPU :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Spiderman confirmed to have DLSS, DLAA and RT reflections:

dN8RDDi.jpeg

6950xt to match 3080 for RT and your measly 3070 matching a 6900xt..... @TNA :p :D ;)

Beefy requirements that though especially the CPU :eek:

Got everything covered as I will be playing 1440p as you know no longer have 4K. Yes I still somewhat miss that resolution :o:cry:

If Dell ever release a 27” 4K version of the Alienware QD-OLED then I will be buying it to see which one I keep :D

Caporegime
Got everything covered as I will be playing 1440p as you know no longer have 4K. Yes I still somewhat miss that resolution :o:cry:

If Dell ever release a 27” 4K version of the Alienware QD-OLED then I will be buying it to see which one I keep :D
Once you go 21.9, you don't go back ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom