The Rumour Mill, who do you want/think your club will sign/sell this summer

Associate
The Rumour Mill, Transfer Speculation

This season is pretty much over and the rumours are already growing. Also there are a few threads with rumours in so like before how about we put them all in one thread.

Here's a few to get started

Andrei Shevchenko could finally be ready to give in to the lure of roubles at Stamford Bridge, with The Independent suggesting that Chelski's fourth move for the Ukrainian will be successful. Shevchenko himself is said to be warming to the idea of the massive wages on offer, while Milan would struggle to turn down a record fee.

Everton are back in the race to sign Blackburn and Manchester City Benni McCarthy

Seville have made a £4m bid for Lauren

Tottenham captain Ledley King has signed a new four-year contract.

Tottenham boss Martin Jol is ready to make a £4m bid for Wigan defender Pascal Chimbonda.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently the Colchester Manager is going to Charlton :(

We're going up to championship if we get a point next week against one of the worst clubs in our league that aren't relegated, Preston or something :p. If Brentwood lose we go up also :)

I'm going to start a rumour that SWP + money is going to Arsenal for Ash Cole.

Soldato
IceBus said:
Ruud is gone. Saha breaks his big toe while getting out of the team bath and is out all of next season. We play Scholes up front and crash out of the Premiership.

I cant see anybody of note coming in and Ruud going TBH.

Soldato
Joleon Lescott linked with Everton, Arsenal (I think), Sheff Utd and Reading, for £4/5 Million

Wolves are after Matt Oakley from Soton, and i think we will yet again be linked with strikers such as Karl Hawley from lower divisions (Would love us to sign billy sharp from Scunthorpe!)

Caporegime
I think Liverpool really need a new left back, a right sided midfielder and a couple of strikers. I don't really know who I'd like to see brought and I'm not sure how much we actually have to spend but I'm sure Benitez will address the problems we've had this year. I'd like to see Fowler given a new contract and Paul Anderson given a chance next season. I also hope we can sort out the work permit for Speedy because he's looked fanstastic for Real Sociedad. I think Cisse will be sold and would also like to see the back of either Crouch or Morientes. I don't think Morientes really suits the English game and IMO Crouch just isn't very good. Confidence can only be used as an excuse so many times before questions start being asked about his ability in front of goal.

Edit: :eek: How could I forget about Traore. I would like him to be sold to Everton and for the Liverpool supporters hearts to be given a rest.

Last edited:

Nim

Nim

Associate
Fulham:

If we manage to hold onto Boa Morte, Diop, and Malbranque, the summer will be declared an unmitigated success. Frankly, any two of them would be excellent news - we've coped quite well without Bouba this season, when we've had to. If someone comes in with another 6-7m bid for either Steed or Boa, though, I don't think we can afford to say no.

I will toss one hundred coins. If they all come up heads, then we will manage to convince Chelsea to sell us Wayne Bridge. Otherwise, he's off somewhere else.

Another club will decide they need a tall, English central defender. In the face of all logic and reason, probably in the midst of a drunken party, they will choose Zat Knight. Unfortunately, negotiations will break down, after they offer anything more than some well-used five-a-side goals with no nets, and Al Fayed collapses with laughter.

We'll get a hilariously low offer for Rosenior, which will gradually increase to more than he's worth, and we'll still reject. He's the future England right back, don't you know, and will be worth billions. Or not.

Niclas Jensen will leave, no one will notice.

Soldato
What I want to happen:

- Sell show pony Ronaldo to Real Madrid for £20million
- Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes retire letting new blood into the team
- Silvestre gets dragged out of Old Trafford by the scruff of his neck and shot 151 times in the face, the amount of times I had nearly destroyed a tv watching him try and pass to another Man Utd player
- Kieran Richardson breaks both his legs in a freak accident ruling him out of ever playing football for us again
- Darren Fletcher finds out that Ferguson isn't his father and immigrates to America to seek a trade in carpentry
- He later dies in a freak carpentry accident
- Alan Smith is on the mend as planned with no complications and looks forward to the new season
- Rooney catches his breath and rests his back after carrying a team for a whole season
- Saha gets sold to the highest bidder and wrapped in cotton wool to avoid being damaged in transit
- Van Der Sar signs a new contract
- Rio Ferdinand has a good long look in the mirror and decides that he actually wants to give more than 50% to the club and fans who stood by him during his drugs test scandal
- Gary Neville admits the fact that he's lost 5 yards of pace and decides to let a younger version of himself in Bardsley take over
- Solskjaer pledges the rest of his life to Man Utd by signing the first contract in history to do so
- Wes Brown is not sold
- John O'Shea is sold
- Rossi is given the vacated number 9 shirt and a first team place
- Quinton Fortune finally gets the hint that Ferguson and the staff at Old Trafford no longer want him and leaves
- Patrice Evra is sold for a profit, yeah you read it right....profit
- Carlos Queiroz dies of smallpox, taking Micky Phelan and our scouts with him
- We employ scouts who actually try and find good young players
- Alex Ferguson announces his retirement
- We sign Diarra and Gattuso

What will happen:

- RVN joins Milan this summer. :(
- O'Shea, Fletcher, Richardson, Fortune and Silvestre get massive contract extensions compliments of Ferguson
- Saha will catch a summer cold and lie on the treatment bench for the first three and a half months of the new season
- David Gill and the Glazers offer Ferguson a 5 yr contract
- Queiroz pledges to stay at Utd for the rest of his career
- Ryan Giggs signs a new 3 yr contract and aims to beat as many Man Utd records as possible
- Darren Fletcher asks for the Captains arm band
- And gets it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
GhostFace said:
The trouble is Everton get linked with every striker out there. I just hope we actually sign one.

A good one.

Isn't Nugent one of the strikers Everton are always linked with? Might happen this summer if Preston don't make it through the playoffs perhaps

Soldato
SWP to leave for less than what the paid ! haha!

Ruud or Saha on the way out ?

Pires to leave for spain
Arsene will then of course sign some players under the name 'who??' in return they will turn out to be freakin amazing as always :D

Permabanned
IceBus said:
Ruud is gone. Saha breaks his big toe while getting out of the team bath and is out all of next season. We play Scholes up front and crash out of the Premiership.

LMAO :D.

Seriously though, you are right. Selling Ruud without bringing someone else in (and let's be honest, what striker, who Man U could realistically bring in, scores like RVN?) could be a very risky move. Saha could easily get another injury and then you're screwed in terms of challenging Chelsea.

Man of Honour
I'd love to be able to guess who Hearts are going to buy and sell this summer but unfortunately our 'beloved' chairman Romanov appears to be less stable than a three-legged chair on a mountain of jelly.

What does seem apparant is that he wants to sell Andy Webster for being 'untrustworthy' whatever that means. Bearing in mind we are talking about one of the teams best players who is a first choice for Scotland(no jokes here please :p) and who will be expensive to replace it seems disingenuous to say the least.

We also have no permanant manager but have had 4 in the space of 1 season so anything approaching stability would be a lovely bonus as then the team might get to show the potential which it definitely has. Oh and if Romanov would stop trying to pick the team that would be just smashing, I will however say that his money is still welcome as it does make it a smidge more interesting ;)

Soldato
Liverpool, I seriously hope they get rid of Morientes, and get in some decent strikers. Crouch and Cisse both have their occasional uses, keep them on the subs bench until they improve. Buy a decent striker. Renew Fowlers contract. Buy a decent striker. Shoot Traore. Buy a decent striker.

ManU to buy more rubbish players and keep all their current rubbish ones.

Arsenal - hard one to call really, Seriously depends on the CL final though.

Chelsea to buy even more top class players from all the other teams in an aim to take away all competition and ruin the game as we know it with financial corruption. Once again attempt and fail to get Gerrard from Liverpool

Permabanned
Been hearing of this one for 12mts but have had more sense than to have posted it here before now for fear of being pointed at and laughed at :)

Ronaldo to Liverpool.

I don't think he'll cut it in the prem and i don't think he works hard enough for him to be the sort of player Rafa would go for,but hey,you never know.

A left back is essential,Cole would do i suppose :)
Gonzalez looks the business tho,really looking forward to seeing him next year

Man of Honour
Not really sure what Arsenal will be doing in the summer. Here's some possibilities and/or things I'd like to happen:

-Bergkamp and Pires will let their contracts expire and leave.
-Arsenal look at buying a quality centrehalf, Keown hasn't been properly replaced yet. In the event that Campbell cannot rediscover his form and fitness I think an strong experienced parter for Toure would be good. Relying on Senderos is not an option because the only backup really is Cygan and Djourou. If we can bring someone in I'd like to see Cygan sold.
-Possibility of Cole joining Madrid for around the £10-12m mark. A bargain for Madrid but unfortunately I think Cole hasn't won himself many friends at Highbury over the last 15 months or so and is perhaps seeking a move to a club that will pay him a better wage. Slim chance of him moving to Chelsea although that will likely involve a higher fee of £16m. The emergence of Clichy means that selling him wouldn't be overly damaging to Arsenal's first team.
-Lehmann only has one year left on his contract so at some point we need to start sniffing about for a replacement. Poum is getting on a bit now and Almunia isn't good enough, so we should be looking at players like Shay Given or perhaps a slightly younger, established keeper from abroad.
-Failure to qualify for next season's Champions League could see Henry considering a move. He'll only have a year left on his contract so he will be in a strong position to engineer a move abroad to e.g. Barcelona. The only saving grace is that being one of the world's best players he should command a reasonable transfer fee even with only a year left. He says he plays to sort out his future before the world cup which should give us sufficient time to sort out a replacement, e.g. Torres.
-Hopefully Wenger will resist the temptation to bring in more tricky forwards/wingers. We have plenty of them even with the sale of Quincy and Bentley and despite Pires poentially departing.
-Depending on how he rates Song I suppose there is the potential for a squad player to be signed in central midfield. Beyond Gilberto and Fabregas nobody has really established themselves yet although presumably it is hoped Diaby will be the longterm replacement for Silva.

Back
Top Bottom