The Rumour Mill, who do you want/think your club will sign/sell this summer

Man of Honour
Gooner14 said:
Because I expect Cole and his agent are trying to engineer the move. I don't think Wenger would consider it a problem keeping Cole as a player. I've heard he hasn't had words with Cole about the tapping up case.

Cole and his agent are only interested in the Money.

Times article said:
ARSENAL have run the risk of antagonising Ashley Cole even further by rejecting a £16 million bid from Chelsea for the England defender.
After months of speculation over Cole’s future, the clubs have finally entered into negotiations, with Arsenal turning down the opening offer but indicating that they would do business if the fee reached £25 million. Chelsea are confident of getting their man, with Arsenal’s stance most likely to infuriate the player.
The article claims it's Arsenal who are asking for more money not Cole & he'd happily go for the £15m they agreed on before he resigned, greedy blighters :mad: ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tommy D said:
£15M + Gallas or something, I'd settle for that tbh.
Would still need the defence strengthening though.
Unlikely Gallas will go anywhere now for another year at least. I'm surprised we managed to keep him in England ourselves so why would we let one of the best CB's in the country go to an FA cup competitor like Arsenal?;)

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
The article claims it's Arsenal who are asking for more money not Cole & he'd happily go for the £15m they agreed on before he resigned, greedy blighters :mad: ;)

I think they might also be doing it to annoy him! Good!! He's a little money grabbing ****.

I hope his new wife leaves him for Will Young!! :D :eek:

Soldato
JohnnyG said:

Damn right we should bleed a little more from Roman, although the thought of giving Cash some more Cash is pretty damn annoying. :mad:

JohnnyG said:
Unlikely Gallas will go anywhere now for another year at least. I'm surprised we managed to keep him in England ourselves so why would we let one of the best CB's in the country go to an FA cup competitor like Arsenal?;)

You're getting too cocky now, then again, it was 50 years. ;)

Soldato
What annoys me about Cole is how he's complaining about Arsenal hanging him out to dry over the tapping up case.

Well sunshine, you're the one who was in the wrong. What did he expect Arsenal to do? Apologise profusely for catching him talking to other clubs in secret and reward him?

Man of Honour
I think he'll do quite well. He's strong, good in the air and knows where the goal is. He's not particularly mobile though.

We've a ready replacement in Cresswell, I just hope he doesn't get injured.

Don
andy@moFo said:
anyone have any news on daniel alves for liverpool? heard a bid of 3.5million got rejected this morning, has rafa given up on alves and going for a cheaper option.
Looks like the Alves deal is off; they want around £12m for him and we are only willing to pay around £8m. We had a £3.5m bid for Pennant rejected but its reported that they will agree something in the region of £5m this week. Not too sure if i want Pennant or not; he's deffo not the best RM we been linked with but if it allows us to spend more on a striker then it may be the best deal about.

Man of Honour
Plus-44 said:
Im sure you'll be bringing in someone else as well for the start of the season. Maybe even a couple.

+44
Not strikers hopefully, we already have Cressy, Healy, Blake and a couple of subs. No need for more than that really.

Its creativity we're missing, and its in midfield we're missing it. Bakke needs to have a very good season if he stays/isn't replaced.

Don
What happened to that Brkovic guy at luton, he always seemed a very creative, goal scoring midfielder?

Gilly, Elliot not offered a longer trial at Leeds, as has Fotheringham.

So thats down the pot!

**Doh, already mentioned!!**

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Aye, said above that Elliott wasn't being retained. Never expected Fotheringham to get a deal really but Elliott was a promising signing. Shame.

I think Brkovic is still at Luton. Feeney is supposedly doing well too - ex Leeds lad.

I'd prefer Koumas from WBA if he wasn't such a toilet.

Soldato
Personally I think we should hold out on selling Cole. Why should we let him go cheaply? He signed a contract.

If Chelski dont pay we keep him...:)

So where is the risk?

He should be grateful that we still want him after going fishing for other clubs.

Back
Top Bottom