1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rumour Mill, who do you want/think your club will sign/sell this summer

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by mcdermos, May 2, 2006.

1. BoomAM

Capodecina

About the Cole/Zambrotta issue.
    No suprises for anyone here, but i agree with Loki on this one. :p

2. fozzybear

Sgarrista

Cole is better going forward than he is defensively. He tends to back off when anyone with a bit of skill or pace runs at him. Zambrotta is technically an all round better player.

3. MR_Punk

Sgarrista

Never :D

My votes for Cashley!

+44

4. HangTime

Man of Honour

There's no way Sorin is even remotely as good as Cole at leftback, unless he's improved immensely in recent times (unlikely for a player in his 30s).

Don't forget that Cole is English, and would be moving between major rivals, which boost the price somewhat.

He was also IMO the best player in Euro2004 and one of England's better players at the recent World Cup.

5. BoomAM

Capodecina

Yeah. But he didnt win it did he!? ;) :p :D
    Sorry, just had to there. That one was just open for some micky taking and being the cheaky person that i am, i just had to take the chance. :p

6. andy@moFo

Wise Guy

7. ballistic

PermaBanned

Alves is a far better player (much more expensive too though), not sure about Pennant - he's talented for sure but a **** who could cause problems in the dressing room just like Bellamy

8. Weebull

Capodecina

That's unfair. Pennant isn't really a **** of a person, just a kid who went a bit crazy with all his money in London. His issues were always off the pitch and away from the club, I don't think he ever fell out with any Arsenal players, or caused trouble in the dressing room or the like. Now he's toned down his act I think he'll be quality for 'Pool. :)

9. BaZ87

Don

If these reports are true then we will hopefully have a bit more cash available for a top striker (looks like Kuyt).
    As for Pennant, like its already been said; he's undoubtedly a decent player its just, like Bellamy, he has a reputation of being a bit of a ****. Lets just hope he has calmed down and will make the most of his potential.

10. ballistic

PermaBanned

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent has stated that the Swedish star will require a substantial pay rise to remain at disgraced Serie A side Juventus.

The Bianconeri will learn of the result of the appeal against their relegation to Serie B and 30 point deduction on Tuesday, but Gianluca Zambrotta, Lilian Thuram, Emerson and Fabio Cannavaro have already moved to pastures new.

Ibrahimovic has been expected to join the exodus but his representative Mino Raiola believes the former Ajax man could yet stay at Stadio Delle Alpi, if the scandal-hit Turin outfit can offer an increase in his yearly wage.

"Surely [he won't stay] with these conditions," Raiola told Corriere dello Sport.

"The club know and knew really well our intentions.

"Zlatan felt good in Turin and he wouldn't have problems in staying, but the contract conditions must change, and not just a little.

"I'm not pessimistic or optimistic about Zlatan's stay, I'm simply realistic and I live day by day.

"Our position is clear and the first step is up to the club, we are ready to talk and to discuss.

"It's possible to find a solution, with Juve there is a particular feeling but we must deal with facts because the club could change category and certain big players have already left.

"Anyway the player's professionalism isn't under discussion, he will go to training."

However, with the striker reportedly seeking €4 million (£2.73 million) a season until 2010, Juve are highly unlikely to be able to match his demands with sponsorship and TV income taking a massive hit due to their demotion.

If he fails to agree terms then Ibrahimovic is likely to have a number of suitors with Real Madrid, Internazionale and, more recently, Manchester United all linked with a move for the classy forward.

11. Voltage

Mobster

Zlatan is similar to RvN, i could see the possibility of him going there if horse face is sold. However i think he is well overrated and only shows flashes of decent play.

12. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Exactly my thoughts, buying Pennant will allow another top striker to come through which is exactly what we need. Pennant will do a job on the right definitely, i like him.

13. Weebull

Capodecina

Cheeky ******.

Fair play though I guess, he knows a player of his calibre would be vital to them pushing for straight promotion (edit, not longer "avoiding relegation" after the appeal really) next season, and he can hold them over a barrel for it. Still though. Cheeky ******.

EDIT: That was about Ibrahimovic. Started before the other posts had appeared.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  14. quackers

Soldato

seems a bit much for pennant, but he always looked impressive to me down the right hand side for leeds and brum.

Wonder if another striker is on the cards?

15. Hilly

Don

Pennant cross the most balls into the box in the premiereship last season. Exactly the type of winger, a proven Premiereship winger.

He does run like a crab most of the time though (Sidewards) but if he supplies balls in the box for Crouchie and possibly Kuyt, then it's perfect.

Kuyt does look like a possible singing, him and Tresuqeut have been mentioned. We'll see by Friday

16. ballistic

PermaBanned

not sure about kuyt, despite banging in the goals in the dutch league (goal raio 0.7) he was poor in the world cup, he could flop in a similar way to kezman who knows.

17. Rotty

Don

sorry but I just don't see it with Pennant, ok Bellamy is an arse too but at least his qualities are obvious

18. Andybtsn

Don

Didn't he only play one game, and another coming on as a sub?

Can hardly rate a player on this years WC, look at Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Lampard etc etc...

19. HangTime

Man of Honour

Definitely, I've never seen the attraction with him. He's like a modern day Kanu, if you saw like a specially compiled video you would think he was a world beater, but watch him playing a few matches in a row and he gets exposed. He's also incredibly arrogant by all accounts and I could probably name 30 better strikers in europe.

20. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

true

kuyt never scored in the world cup.. but thats not a problem really.

the facts show is domestic record is fantastic for scoring goals.

can he suit the premiership.. i think so, ruud did, why cant he.

if you rate strikers by how many goals they score in a world cup... klose would be the best striker in the world.