*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
I still have my Note 7 and I still do use it (the S7 Edge is my main phone now). I get those alerts about battery etc but I'm still running a custom ROM so they can't actually do that with mine.

As far as I can tell from Amex's letter, Samsung aren't disputing the chargeback :)

Man of Honour
OP
Some good news on the Galaxy Note 8, they are planning to keep the name and:

The Galaxy S8, which is expected to hit the market in April, will feature Samsung’s artificial intelligence (AI) assistant, tentatively named “Bixby.” The Galaxy Note 8 will add ultra-definition VR feature and improved styleus feature as well as Bixby. Samsung will decide on the release date of the Galaxy Note 8 after considering those of the previous models – the Galaxy Note 7 on August 19, 2016, the Galaxy Note 5 on August 20 and the Galaxy Note 4 on September 26. However, some say that the company should launch the Galaxy Note 8 early, while others say that it should set the release date carefully. Samsung also considers its plans to upgrade and improve the security of the iris authentication system which was included in the Galaxy Note 7 and made a hit.*

An official from a Samsung Electronics’ partner company said, “Samsung will introduce 2K resolution displays in the Galaxy S8, but it will use 4K resolution displays in the Galaxy Note 8 to realize improved virtual reality (VR) functions. I heard that it will connect with new Gear VR wearable.”

Note 7 fires caused by an electronic hardware design problem:

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/engl...tronics-release-galaxy-note-8-after-revealing

Soldato
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_8_still_coming_mobile_chief_confirms-news-22923.php

The news was brought by DJ Koh, Samsung's Mobile chief who said in an interview that the company will keep working on Note-series smartphones.

"We found through the investigative process that there are lots and lots of loyal Note customers."

Tim Baxter, president of Samsung US added, that a large base of Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note 5 customers are still loyal and waiting for an upgrade.

:D

Man of Honour
OP
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_8_still_coming_mobile_chief_confirms-news-22923.php

The news was brought by DJ Koh, Samsung's Mobile chief who said in an interview that the company will keep working on Note-series smartphones.

"We found through the investigative process that there are lots and lots of loyal Note customers."

Tim Baxter, president of Samsung US added, that a large base of Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note 5 customers are still loyal and waiting for an upgrade.

:D

Great news! Now form an orderly queue behind me. :D

Don
Do we have any idea when we might see a Note again? I've never been sold on my Pixel XL and might jumpt to the S8 if it takes too long.

Soldato
Do we have any idea when we might see a Note again? I've never been sold on my Pixel XL and might jumpt to the S8 if it takes too long.

I want shot of my iPhone 6s+ and was waiting for an S8, but really I'd like a Note 8. They're usually out July/august iirc, but this model may not follow the usual release pattern

Soldato

Well the S8 has been pushed back to to mid April

I can't see the next Note coming till bit later than the Note 7 ... Oct/Nov ?? as not to clash with August announcement last year

Don
That's what I suspected. Leaves me with a dilema because I'm not sure I can put up with my Pixel until then but equally I can't justify buying a S8 for just a few months, and I know I'll end up with the Note one way or another.

So put up with the Pixel for 9 months or swap it for something now (but what)?

Soldato
That's what I suspected. Leaves me with a dilema because I'm not sure I can put up with my Pixel until then but equally I can't justify buying a S8 for just a few months, and I know I'll end up with the Note one way or another.

So put up with the Pixel for 9 months or swap it for something now (but what)?

I swapped my Note 7 for S7E So I'm waiting on next note too ..so miss the spen :(

Soldato
Only way a 4k screen would mean anything is for VR really. I absolutely loved mine and still feel bitter about having to hand back a perfectly fine working device and take a flawed S7E model instead.

Man of Honour
OP
Rumours beginning to circulate that Samsung are going to sell a "refurb" Note 7 with a smaller (less flammable battery) but not in Europe or USA

Looks as though it will be just for South Korea.

Also being reported that Note 8 firmware is being developed and it is:

Galaxy Note 8: N950FXXU0AQC6/N950FOXM0AQC6/N950FXXU0AQC6

Roll on late summer!

Back
Top Bottom