The Sinking City - Gameplay Trailer

Associate

The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.

I've always been a fan of H.P. Lovecraft, so this is right up my street! I especially like that it encourages a logical approach to your investigation, and doesn't hold your hand!

Edit: The game has been delayed until June 27th, 2019:

Last edited:
Soldato
That terrible low quality Cthulhu game which came out late last year was originally part of this game & vice versa. The game was split into 2 halves for business reasons & sold to different publishers with different developers. That is not a good sign as that 2018 game was really low quality & very lacking.

Associate
OP
That terrible low quality Cthulhu game which came out late last year was originally part of this game & vice versa. The game was split into 2 halves for business reasons & sold to different publishers with different developers. That is not a good sign as that 2018 game was really low quality & very lacking.

Aside from their source of inspiration, they are completely different games! Frogwares are the developers of the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series, and were originally developing Call of Cthulhu in 2014, until their publisher Focus Home Interactive dropped them in favour of Cyanide. Frogwares proceeded to develop their own game after signing a publishing contract with Bigben Interactive, which looks far more promising.

Back
Top Bottom