The smell of smokers

Nix

Nix

Soldato
robmiller said:
You're wrong because you're acting like you have any right whatsoever to tell people what they can and cannot do. Wanting to do something you disapprove of and not caring about your disapproval does not make someone a "spoiled teenager".

I never once said what he should and shouldn't do. Maybe you should go back and read my posts before being so hasty to defend something you've misunderstood. In his original post he implied he's tried to give up but failed, my opinion is that where there's a will, there's a way and this is based on personal experiences. He's told me I'm wrong, I wish to know why. Go fight your Jihad in some other thread Rob.

malc30 said:
I think i will deal with you as i do All other spoilt little teenagers and that is just to ignore you. Why should i waste my time on such a stuck up little brat who is over opinionated and spouts off about something he doesn't know about.

Again, all I wish is for your reasoning as to why I'm wrong. It would be so much easier for you to just explain it and let the thread progress but you wont which only implies to me that you're too stubborn to admit you're wrong. Like I also said, if I'm wrong I wish to know why as so I can learn from it. How the hell am I stuck up? Have you never met someone with a differing opinion before?

Suspended
Does the cigarette craving take over your body and forces you to buy cigarettes?

Just throw them in the toilet. Put all your cash, credit and debit cards into a safe, and get a friend to change the code. When you have a craving you don't have any money to buy any.

Simple.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It is so easy for you non smokers to preach.
I have smoked for over 30 years. I smoke ONLY in my own house and car as i Previously stated.
But still i have to defend myself here.
What a joke.

Soldato
Anyone who genuinely wants to give up smoking can do so, it's a question of willpower much like giving up on anything else addictive.

malc30: For someone who is supposedly old enough and wise enough to know more than "a spoilt little teenager" you're not exactly using the grey cells to accurately convey your feeling on the matter are you?
Now, are you going to justify your outburst with a reply to Nix perfectly good question or merely react like a child to this post as well? :)

Not having a dig by the way, I understand perfectly how difficult giving up can be but I believe you are over reacting just a touch.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
malc30 said:
I have smoked for over 30 years. I smoke ONLY in my own house and car as i Previously stated.
What a joke.

If you're not going to explain why we're wrong or input any useful insight into the topic, then please leave instead of posting the "why should I?" / "you know nothing about me" rhetoric. Those statements are something I'd expect of someone a quarter of your age.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I will not reply to people who insult me or spout off about something they have No personal experience in. Simple as that.
Especially when they have already made up there mind.
I sit here viewing countless threads ignoring this BS.
I cannot deal with people mouthing off to me when irl they wouldn't even look me in the eye.

As i write you continue to insult me. :p

Permabanned
malc30 said:
What a joke.

I know someone who had smoked for 43 years before quitting.

So what?

Are you going to answer any questions after getting all brash and calling people ignorant, or are you just going to dish out a few more insulting posts before putting your fingers in your ears and running away?

malc30 said:
I cannot deal with people mouthing off to me when irl they wouldn't even look me in the eye.

Oh this is just joyful! :p

My Keyboard is bigger than yours, where do you want to meet?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
malc30 said:
I will not reply to people who insult me or spout off about something they have No personal experience in. Simple as that.
Especially when they have already made up there mind.
I sit here viewing countless threads ignoring this BS.

If I've made up my mind, why is it I wish to know yours? I wish to know your opinion because you obviously have insight into something I do not. Please enlighten me. I've not already made up my mind, because I'm willing to discuss the matter. I'd have no problem asking this to you in person, to suggest otherwise shows your inability to judge my character.

Please malc, can you please explain to us your opinion because I really do want to understand why you're reacting like you have. If you're uncomfortable in explaining your experience, then say so and we'll let it lie.

Soldato
Tim said:
my dad smoked for 10yrs (I know its nowhere near 30yrs but its still a long time) and gave up no problems, his words "it was easy".
Willpower is a factor. Your father obviously had it, many don't. :)

Congrats to him, by the way, and anyone else who's quit.

Soldato
malc30 said:
When i done my D.C. many moons ago i didn't smoke or even want one for over 3 months.
Having smoked for over thirty years i have struggled time and time again trying to give up but have failed every time.
I don't expect you lot to understand this as your heads are to far up your *****.

if you wanted to, you could. trying to quit and failing is you wanting to smoke. You give in, you go smoke and you fail in your atempt to quit. Honest for somebody your age, that's quiet an appauling attitude toward people in this thread.

The amazing truth is that if you want to stop, YOU will. If you dont want to they why dont you say 'hay, because i like smoking ok?' then everybody would have backed off. The only think nix said is that you can stop if you really want to. Evidently your will to smoke is larger than your will to stop because you are having a hard time dealing with people asking you to jusity yourself.

If you dont like it, take a step back turn around and walk out. Otherwise, quit telling people to watch their mouths when they ask you a decent question or make a sound point. Threats wont hurn anybody on here anyhow.

i wouldnt bet on that. at all.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Tim said:
malc30 said:
divine_madness said:
Anyone who wants to quit smoking can,

Is he wrong though? my dad smoked for 10yrs and gave up no problems, his words "it was easy".

My parents failed at giving up because deep down they didn't want to. With one of my friends, this is exactly the same situation. He'll manage to quit for months at a time but then begin smoking again because he misses it. From my experience, it really is just a matter of willpower. It's mind over matter.

Soldato
divine_madness said:
Anyone who wants to quit smoking can,

malc30 said:
Your ignorance shines through brilliantly.

I have to agree with divine madness on this, i wanted to give up. I really did, it wasnt just a "I should give up" i wanted to, so i did. Easily. Cold turkey, had a lot of desire to smoke, but that soon faded. And to make matter worse i was living with 9 people who all smoked infront of me, amongst other things such as clubs.

To people who say its hard, i dont mean to try and sound like your rubbish, but you must lack will power.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I am reacting like this as i would feel totally uncomfortable being around any of you now without being paranoid about the smell.
I thought i had friends here but what kind of friends have no tolerance for one another.
I also planned on going to a meet very soon but would have my back up in defence after reading all this crap.
What would you have me do wait outside like a dog. **** that.
I saw xrays of my grandads lungs and have known all my life it is killing me. I am also aware of others and considerate enouth never to smoke around non smokers. I have tried Like i said to quit time and time again and to hear someone casually say he could give up if he wanted to me is pathetic and really makes my blood boil. You have no idea how many times i have tried but still a quick sentence from you and i can quit. O come on.

Soldato
malc30 said:
I am reacting like this as i would feel totally uncomfortable being around any of you now without being paranoid about the smell.
I thought i had friends here but what kind of friends have no tolerance for one another.
I also planned on going to a meet very soon but would have my back up in defence after reading all this crap.
What would you have me do wait outside like a dog. **** that.
I saw xrays of my grandads lungs and have known all my life it is killing me. I am also aware of others and considerate enouth never to smoke around non smokers.
people are opinionated and as I guess somebody of your age would know, people tend to overstate their opinions somewhat on the internet. Plenty of people here saying 'ergh god it stinks, i dont go to pubs. Well, plenty of people do go and dont give a damn, so its not really like that in the real world(tm) is it? people are varied enough for you not to worry, if they dont like it they dont like it. When in a group you either do as the majorty of the group askes, or you bugger off and it's as simple as that. That goes for any activity you happen to enjoy, not just smoking.

I have tried Like i said to quit time and time again and to hear someone casually say he could give up if he wanted to me is pathetic and really makes my blood boil. You have no idea how many times i have tried but still a quick sentence from you and i can quit. O come on.
and what made you start again? wanting to smoke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom