• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I take it he's not a good mate? Otherwise why would he not consult you about this stuff?
What I find is they go out buy some component think they have got a real bargain then tell you what they bought thinking its great and you go "Oh...."
Yep, lol, if your too honest you almost feel bad for them! :p

If its within couple of weeks they are lucky and can send it back.

I had this happen once with a friend of mine... It was a cheapo PSU and I remember my response to him... "you ******* muppet, you are going to regret that choice". A few months later the thing blew and took a hard drive with it. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I had this happen once with a friend of mine... It was a cheapo PSU and I remember my response to him... "you ******* muppet, you are going to regret that choice". A few months later the thing blew and took a hard drive with it. Some people have to learn the hard way.

A long time ago my best mate build his own first machine (after owning a pre-build from Tiny) while we were at uni, when I asked about the PSU he said it cost him equivalent of ten pounds (bargain he said off the bay) - like you I warned him except his blew up on the same day I think it took his motherboard out. He has never scrimped since :).

Associate
Did anyone in the last 145 146 pages comment that the Infinity Cache looks a lot like the Xbox One's SRAM which they put in front of the DDR3 RAM that was used on that console (whereas PS4 went with GDDR5)?

Edit: I read the first 70 pages so my in the last 76 pages

Last edited:
Soldato
I take it he's not a good mate? Otherwise why would he not consult you about this stuff?

Because he must've thought he had the knowledge.

Conv started by me - "Hey mate, you see all the new Nvidia cards out and AMD's offerings in a few weeks?"

Mate, "No. I bought a 2070S the other day" sounding very pleased with himself.

End of conv. Didn't have the heart to say how good the new cards are and uplift in perf for price where the 3080 and 6800 cards are.

Soldato
^^ Thats really common though. Most consumers do not constantly read forums and news for new hardware coming in the future, so often they will just go into a store and buy whatever is on the shelves totally unaware that a new product thats 50% faster is a couple days away. And of course the sales people at the store are only more than happy to sell it to the customer so they can clear their old stock - in fact the sales people might get a bonus if they can sell the old model at full price

Last edited:
Soldato
Because he must've thought he had the knowledge.

Conv started by me - "Hey mate, you see all the new Nvidia cards out and AMD's offerings in a few weeks?"

Mate, "No. I bought a 2070S the other day" sounding very pleased with himself.

End of conv. Didn't have the heart to say how good the new cards are and uplift in perf for price where the 3080 and 6800 cards are.

I would have told him while having a bag of salt next to me to pour in the wound afterwards. I believe that raw pain is the best teacher!! Make sure he knows what beginner level of the PCMR he is on and who to come to for guidance..... not me cause I also hate it when people constantly ask for PC advice, I mean come on, show some initiative, try and learn yourself for Pete's sake. :p :D :)

Last edited:
Associate
Requires 12GB Vram for ultra 4k RIP Nvidia 3000 series

That's another example of why the 3070 with 8GB memory only is totally off the table as a choice for me. With RT on and ultra settings, it simply cant handle this game (which looks beautiful btw) at anywhere near the same performance as hitting VRAM limit drops Fps but more importantly, butchers frametimes.

Soldato
That's another example of why the 3070 with 8GB memory only is totally off the table as a choice for me. With RT on and ultra settings, it simply cant handle this game (which looks beautiful btw) at anywhere near the same performance as hitting VRAM limit drops Fps but more importantly, butchers frametimes.

I must admit, the 3070 is shaping upto be a 1080p card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom