• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Most of all I really hope these cards have some nice headroom in them when undervolted and overclocked (which my 5700XT really responds well to), be nice to get some real gains by tweaking for a change! :)

Associate
Us mere mortals don't really have a chance at 2pm anyhow, for me it's when they start to dribble out in the next week weeks to retailers that I'll get a chance.

Almost tempted to say "I'm allowed to upgrade when I've completed morrowind and Oblivion". I've nearly finished Morrowind - the only game the craptop could play sanely.

Soldato
It'll be amusing to watch, less so next week when it's my turn to try for an AIB :p
I'm just trying to use the spectacle to avoid buying one myself just yet. I hope I will be entertained

rafe-spall-ZiplVX0N1JbUY

rafe-spall-ZiplVX0N1JbUY
rafe-spall-ZiplVX0N1JbUY

Soldato
Any leakers

Any moist benchmarks

Apparently a spanish youtuber was less than watertight and let a dribble out

https://imgur.com/a/MBH09vn

f1080.png

g51080.png

F1440.png

g51440.png

f4k.png

g54k.png

h4k.png

Small sample suggests AMDs cards do a lot more at 1080p and towards 4k becomes more even with Nvidia.

Apply salt as desired

looks about right. No issue with this tbh, AMD is back in business and at the same time no Rtx3080 owner should feel slighted their cards are still good, they maybe just overpaid a little

Caporegime
The 6800 beasting a 3080 at 1080p in some titles is eye opening, shows how badly ampere performs at lower resolution.

Seems AMD finally shut up the "But meh 3000fps at 720p CSGo!) whiners.

I wonder what cpu that is on as well? Interesting times ahead for sure.

Soon itll be" But yeah Nvidia is superior at 4k with RTX and DLSS enabled" while checking their sigs to find 1080p screens ;)

I wonder what proportion of people buy a RTX3080 or a 6800XT and then play at 1080p? How big is the esports wannabe crowd?

Associate
I mainly play at 4k, but do have a 1440p monitor. And currently own a 3080FE.

stock for stock there would be no point upgrading to 6800xt could be downgrade, all depends on the overclocks.
If it did overclock well would you consider going from 3080 to 6800xt for say 10%?

Associate
Now that both consoles have ray tracing I expect it to be heavily featured in upcoming titles IMO. In traditional raster, there is hardly any difference between high and ultra. Ray tracing provides relatively a much better visual upgrade
While I agree I personally think we are still a few years off this. Game development cycles are literally years and RT is still so young, I truly believe next gen cards are where RT will be meaningful.
Also the way consoles use checkboard vs any type of DLSS will make a major impact on development, AMD have a card to match Nvidia this time but AMD's software stack is a way behind and I think this is what we need to see develop before a definitive answer is found.

I just want to be able to drive my Valve index at smooth looking gfx and 90-144hz, I think either the 3080 or 6800xt are gonna struggle still.

Soldato

stock for stock there would be no point upgrading to 6800xt could be downgrade, all depends on the overclocks.

You have a 3080 and want to upgrade? why ?

3080 is amazingly fast card and should enjoy it, 3090 is over priced and next best thing might be 6900xt for what might be 5-10% extra performance. Not worth the hassle.

unless 6900xt overclocks tp 2500-2600mhz then maybe.

Pet Northerner
Don

Honestly keep the FE and be happy with it. I'm sure it hits the monitors max refresh and keeps 4k content at an acceptable level (especially with DLSS). I'd only upgrade on the next itteration of cards unless you can get more for the FE than a 6800XT is worth and get a cracking deal for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom