• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I don't know too much about them but from my little understanding they use solenium and need to "know" how to make a purchase on the site.

so if the pages that go live differ too much, that needs to be accounted for.
Selenium, but yes. The tool uses the browser to examine the DOM and execute actions on the elements, for example clicking the mouse on a button, or scrolling down the page. You can automate some of it in terms of finding a button with particular text, but there are many ways to fool that sort of approach. It doesn't give the bots any particular advantage beyond clicking buttons instantly, or filling in forms instantly. The bot still has to suffer the F5 problem, incomplete DOMs, unexpected error pages and pop-ups, etc.

Caporegime
Seems totally ridiculous at this stage for an NDA to hold influence over retailers to even put up product pages or for reviews to be released.
The product page not being up at some stores isn't about an NDA... there are sites with legit product pages already. It's anti-scalper measures.

As for the reviews... well yes, of course they are bound by NDA's if the reviewers agreed to them.

Associate
Surely that depends on what framerate you're after - 144hz monitor at 1440p you may well opt for 3090!
I have a 3080 and a 3090 coming tomorrow, I had a 3080 XC3 which i sold for the same price i bought the 3080 FE for, but then NVIDA had founders edition 3090's in stock yesterday so i got one of them, not sure which to keep, i have 1440p 165hz monitor

Associate
People are not buying a 3090 for 1440p :rolleyes::p, if you can afford a 3090 you can afford a monitor more than 1440p.

There's plenty of excellent ultra wides that aren't 4k but I'm not seeing your point here, most people are never going to consider a 3090 due to the huge mark up, 1440p and lower just might matter to them...

Soldato
The product page not being up at some stores isn't about an NDA... there are sites with legit product pages already. It's anti-scalper measures.

As for the reviews... well yes, of course they are bound by NDA's if the reviewers agreed to them.

It's not going to do a lot in terms of anti-scalper prevention unless there's some background processing of deduping repeat orders to the same destination address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom