• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Why would it hurt me if 6800XT broke records? I have been cheering the 6800XT and am happy it is doing so well, but obviously you will ignore that as it does not fit your narrative. Lol.

I do not even like Control. I even just posted about not being impressed with it just today in this very thread. So not sure what you are on about. Too much bias mate ;)
i see you left out 3dmark. Something i have mention more then once in-which you keep dodging. And yes i can be opinionated. But when all you can do to try to counter the information provided by calling me a fanboy shows poor form on your part. One can state their case regardless if it upsets you.

There is an ole saying: when you point your finger at someone there is always three more pointing right back at you.
:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
i see you left out 3dmark. Something i have mention more then once in-which you keep dodging. And yes i can be opinionated. But when all you can do to try to counter the information provided by calling me a fanboy shows poor form on your part. One can state their case regardless if it upsets you.

There is an ole saying: when you point your finger at someone there is always three more pointing right back at you.
Dodging? How am I dodging, I flat out told you I am happy with how 6800XT has done and have been cheering it and AMD on for what they delivered, that includes 3DMark! I even complemented someone a day or two ago about their score. Want me to dig it up so it puts the final nail in your coffin?

You just can't deal with reality. Most if not all the time you defend AMD and slate Nvidia... ;)

Oh and you keep pointing the finger at me with lies. Where is your evidence? Go one, spend half a day searching for it (or manufacturing it) :p

Soldato
Dodging? How am I dodging, I flat out told you I am happy with how 6800XT has done and have been cheering it and AMD on for what they delivered, that includes 3DMark! I even complemented someone a day or two ago about their score. Want me to dig it up so it puts the final nail in your coffin?

You just can't deal with reality. Most if not all the time you defend AMD and slate Nvidia... ;)

Oh and you keep pointing the finger at me with lies. Where is your evidence? Go one, spend half a day searching for it (or manufacturing it) :p
This is rich. You are so engrossed in trying to call me a fanboy that you lost track as to what post you replied to that initiated it. Go back to post 6446.

Looks like you actual confirmed that its you who lost grips on reality. You can't even remember who you reply to. Too much nvidia defending.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is rich. You are so engrossed in trying to call me a fanboy that you lost track as to what post you replied to that initiated it. Go back to post 6446.

Looks like you actual confirmed that its you who lost grips on reality. You can't even remember who you reply to. Too much nvidia defending.

You what? That does not even make any sense. Lol.

I am sticking by what I said. What does post 6446 got to do with what you are saying? And you say I lost grip of reality?

Too much nvidia defending? Where? Go on, keep digging :D

Soldato
It's hard to decide which card is better 6800xt or 3080, everything , arguments, reviews, future doubts, perhaps no one knows.

At the end of the day, if we're splitting hairs over which is better it's £860 for ray tracing/dlss 3080 Vs whatever (currently looking like £700ish) for release day prices of 6800xt AIB cards.

Associate
You what? That does not even make any sense. Lol.

I am sticking by what I said. What does post 6446 got to do with what you are saying? And you say I lost grip of reality?

Too much nvidia defending? Where? Go on, keep digging :D

I think he lost all his marbles a while ago, or maybe never had them in the first place.
I could point ( and did a few times ) many flaws in his posts and he just goes lalala or changes the subject.

better to just ignore.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
"Wat, wat??" Haaaaa! That made my day. Paradise lost.
:confused:

I think he lost all his marbles a while ago, or maybe never had them in the first place.
I could point ( and did a few times ) many flaws in his posts and he just goes lalala or changes the subject.

better to just ignore.
Seems you could be right. He might be a few eggs short of a dozen :p

He could not find any facts to back up his claim of me defending Nvidia so he came back with the above. Haha.

Soldato
Interestingly, AMD claim that the infinity cache size was selected to give the best 1440p and 4k experience. Make of that what you will.

The Infinity Cache size of 128MB was selected to help deliver great 4K/1440p gaming experiences. We see the optimal amount of performance uplift with 4K/1440p gaming scenarios.

For RDNA 2, we had ambitious goals of not only doubling the compute unit count, but also dramatically increasing the frequency. Adding 2X the CU count and a 30% increase in frequency meant we needed a 2.6X increase in throughput.

While a 512b GDDR6 interface and high memory speeds may be sufficient, this approach would require a larger die area and consume an impractical amount of power, so we needed another solution.

Infinity Cache has 16 64B read channels that can operate at up to 1.94GHz for a peak bandwidth of ~2TB/s (1.997), with lower power and 30% reduced latency.

So, the decision was not a direct tradeoff between CU and cache size area but rather a holistic decision to optimize for performance, power and cost. :)

-/u/AMD_Nish, Radeon Product Management

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...a_november_18_2020/gcqq1w7/?context=8&depth=9

Associate
That is some strong denial you got going there. Is this how you cope? What does that have to do with the 6800 xt setting a world record on air? You are all over the place lol.

It is only defending when you can actually refute the evidence set before you. Since you have shown no capacity to engage why you feel its not true its only you defending nvidia as usual. :D

Well it does appear that you wont get any good decision from some of the more rabid defenders. They will simply call you a fanboy as they have no means to admit that games are not coded neutral.

it is truly staggering, specially when they can not refute the truth resorting to name calling.

And that is the secret to they lies they post. but don't worry all they can do is name call you because you exposed the truth.

It is amazing at what depths they will lie, hide the truth, feign ignorance, employ deception and name call in order to protect nvidia.

And what makes it so profound is that some of them that been here for years know no more about the ends and outs of pc gaming then someone who just joined the forum that came from console. And it does appear they are not capable of providing any legitimate feedback beyond name calling, lying, deception, etc.

Give it a rest mate, you're probably the most rabid AMD fanboy in this thread. People are calling you out by name on it.

Soldato
Ironically 4K is where the card loses out though lol.
It would have lost out even harder without the cache though. GDDR6X wasn't available to them, so they had to come up with something to deal with regular GDDR6's lower bandwidth.

A lot of people seem to be grabbing the wrong end of the stick though by saying that the 6800 XT scales poorly at 4K. It doesn't. If you compare it to the 5700 XT and Turing, it sees the largest gains over those cards at 4K. Using TechPowerUp's numbers as an example, a 2080 Ti offers 84% of a 6800 XT's performance at 1440p, but only 80% at 4K, despite its wider memory bus and higher memory bandwidth. It's not that the 6800 XT is scaling poorly, it's just that Ampere is plain faster. In terms of scaling, it's more accurate to say that Ampere scales poorly below 4K (something we already knew), which is why AMD have been able to take the lead at lower resolutions. Whatever bottlenecks exist in Ampere's compute-focused architecture prevent it from achieving its full potential at lower resolutions, else it'd likely be just plain faster across the board.

Soldato
:confused:

Seems you could be right. He might be a few eggs short of a dozen :p

He could not find any facts to back up his claim of me defending Nvidia so he came back with the above. Haha.
A padowan doesnt have the ability to pull jedi mind tricks. I have presented information in this thread that explains why 3dmark is a bias towards nvidia. More of a history. It triggered you by calling me a amd fanboy. Because that is all you have derped in the past 2 or so pages is how you defend nvidia.

To further add some posted a pic showing nvidia marketing and use of nvidia code in Control. Which confirms that the game is nvidia bias.

You are not able to refute the information only name call. Which is at best amaturish.

Interestingly, AMD claim that the infinity cache size was selected to give the best 1440p and 4k experience. Make of that what you will.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...a_november_18_2020/gcqq1w7/?context=8&depth=9

In the interview he said there is something else they will do with Infinity fab. What that is hasnt been releaved.

Give it a rest mate, you're probably the most rabid AMD fanboy in this thread. People are calling you out by name on it.
If there is something you didnt like you can always add me to the ignore list.

However, I wont stop providing information, insight and discusion as it relates to the thread. So give it a rest and relax.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A padowan doesnt have the ability to pull jedi mind tricks. I have presented information in this thread that explains why 3dmark is a bias towards nvidia. More of a history. It triggered you by calling me a amd fanboy. Because that is all you have derped in the past 2 or so pages is how you defend nvidia.

To further add some posted a pic showing nvidia marketing and use of nvidia code. Which confirms that the game is nvidia bias.

You are not able to refute the information only name call. Which is at best amaturish.
Still waiting for you to show me where I am defending Nvidia. Keep searching for that quote :p

The rest of what you said is not amaturish, but pure gibberish ;)

Associate
It would have lost out even harder without the cache though. GDDR6X wasn't available to them, so they had to come up with something to deal with regular GDDR6's lower bandwidth.

A lot of people seem to be grabbing the wrong end of the stick though by saying that the 6800 XT scales poorly at 4K. It doesn't. If you compare it to the 5700 XT and Turing, it sees the largest gains over those cards at 4K. Using TechPowerUp's numbers as an example, a 2080 Ti offers 84% of a 6800 XT's performance at 1440p, but only 80% at 4K, despite its wider memory bus and higher memory bandwidth. It's not that the 6800 XT is scaling poorly, it's just that Ampere is plain faster. In terms of scaling, it's more accurate to say that Ampere scales poorly below 4K (something we already knew), which is why AMD have been able to take the lead at lower resolutions. Whatever bottlenecks exist in Ampere's compute-focused architecture prevent it from achieving its full potential at lower resolutions, else it'd likely be just plain faster across the board.
Why would it not beat the 3080 at 4k too? It has higher frequencies than 3080. If it`s not the bandwidth then there is no reason not to be better than 3080. But then again if it`s the bandwidth, why do you need 16gb? You will decrease settings long before you will fill 12gb of Vram because the fps will look bad.

Soldato
Has anyone who managed to get an order with AMD received shipping info?
Mine is still sitting at "Order in Process" :confused:
Scott from AMD said that they are shipping out everyday. However did not go over the numbers of how many their shipping. It will be quite interesting to see how well the aib's will do when they start releasing next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom