The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
Bullying? Are we watching different shows? It's banter! He doesn't bully Jack Whitehall in ALOTO either.

I actually think Harris is the weak link - in this season and the last. He's not funny and some of his comments at the audience member last week were just cringe.

Soldato
Good god, do people actually find them funny? Tacky, sweary comedy garbage for the masses at best, childish schoolboy behaviour and predictable set pieces that have been done before. It's so contrived. There's nothing off the cuff, not even the so called banter during the celebrity interviews. It really is a poor man's Top Gear. Compared to Clarkson and co it's like going from champagne to shandy. The only thing worth watching each week is the featured supercar. And even then, Harris always makes out he's never driven anything as amazingly fast before.

Man of Honour
I actually found it too tedious to get through tonight but I also wasn't really in the frame of mind to watch it either. Probably stick it on in the background during the week when I'm working on something to finish it.

Flintoff just seemed to be trying too hard this episode and Paddy was just too bland. I don't mind Chris - can forgive him for being awkward in the studio segments and they've thrown him in a poor situation with the other two in some of the segments and not utilising him enough for the stuff he is good at - which he is very good at.

Soldato
Good god, do people actually find them funny? Tacky, sweary comedy garbage for the masses at best, childish schoolboy behaviour and predictable set pieces that have been done before. It's so contrived. There's nothing off the cuff, not even the so called banter during the celebrity interviews. It really is a poor man's Top Gear. Compared to Clarkson and co it's like going from champagne to shandy. The only thing worth watching each week is the featured supercar. And even then, Harris always makes out he's never driven anything as amazingly fast before.

never heard JC being described as Champagne before:o

Soldato
Exactly, but then again what do you expect these days? Literally everything is offensive and 'men' appear to have the wrong sized tampon stuffed up their tradesman's.

Exactly, but then again what do you expect these days? Literally everything is offensive and 'men' appear to have the wrong sized tampon stuffed up their tradesman's.

Banter? He's a ****ing moron.

If that's what you two class as entertainment then I guess it says more about you than the show.

It won't last, it's closer to the idotic **** I'd see at school when I was 15.

Soldato

You think this is how they act in real life? These 'men'? Is this how you act in real life?

As for this show, it's going dowm the route of slapstick comedy. That's the last episode I'll actively watch. Much better stuff on Netflix and Prime these days, even youtube has better motoring series.

The Dallara feature was the only reasonable bit.

Soldato
Dunno if I can handle Flintoff, he's like the school bully.

Exactly what I thought, using his size to pick on smaller people. Every now and again it's funny/banter but the key throwing, the emptying the car, picking Harris up and putting him in the hearse is just bullying not stops being amusing.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Not sure if it was bullying or banter, either way it was ****.

Honestly Chris' talents are just being wasted at the expense of some crap attempts at humor and boring segments, why arent they showing the stig laps? To get me to go to their social media and watch them? **** that.

Soldato

"Clarkson and co" were some horrendously scripted by the end of their stint on Top Gear. I found it difficult to watch.

However, the latest few episodes have been the freshest top gear has been in years.

Back
Top Bottom