The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
I agree, he also knows his stuff.

I think if they got him and Colin Furze together, we would see some amazing machines lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope Edd does his own thing and brings us some enjoyable 'lite' engineering shows (in a similar vain to some of James Mays stuff).

Hopefully whatever he does is bigger and better than Wheeler Dealers. :) That has started to get a bit pony as it goes on. Especially with the whole hard on they seem to have for the American Audience...

I don't get the Mike Brewer appeal i find him pretty annoying and only really liked Edd's portions of the show. Apparently Ant Anstead is taking Edd's place.

Soldato
If Edd China had his own segment on Top Gear, like a on going project car or restoration (say 10-15 mins each week) I think that would work really well.

Edd is a great presenter on TV and live. He's really down to earth and a likeable guy. Like Harris, I'm sure he would jump at the chance of being on a show like Top Gear.

Man of Honour
Eddie China leaving Wheeler Dealers, I'd love to see him co-present with Le Blanc. He has a good likeable personality and clued up from a point most of us can relate.

The announced replacement is Ant Anstead, yeah... not for me.
Shame, I normally skipped the bits with Mike and only watched the Edd bits. Soulds liek Velocity have screwed up big time tbh.

Hopefully he gets to do some of his more insane things again. The sofa, office desk and skip spring to mind. :D Or even work with Mark Evans on another restoration project. I really enjoyed Mark's shows.

Caporegime
I give it 5 years before Colin Furze is on the show. He's already building a dodgem for them and has had the Stig on his vids.

Ed China is a good call though.

Soldato
Edd China's video on leaving the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IB15T1LYiY

Basically he wasn't happy with the dumbing down/removal of the techy/interesting bits since the production was taken over by Velocity. So fair play to him on making the decision to leave where he could've just rode the gravy train for as long as Velocity supported it making a fair bit at the same time.

Soldato
If Edd China had his own segment on Top Gear, like a on going project car or restoration (say 10-15 mins each week) I think that would work really well.

Edd is a great presenter on TV and live. He's really down to earth and a likeable guy. Like Harris, I'm sure he would jump at the chance of being on a show like Top Gear.
Nice idea TBH. Or maybe bring him in when they do the challenges where they have to modify the cars as a technical spanner man putting in place the other threes crazy ideas :D

Associate
He would add a sort of James May balance and he comes across really well on tv. Definite scope for fitting him in and would be a decent name generating interest itself.

My missus has no interest in cars but would often positively comment when Ed done his segments.

Soldato
Edd China's video on leaving the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IB15T1LYiY

Basically he wasn't happy with the dumbing down/removal of the techy/interesting bits since the production was taken over by Velocity. So fair play to him on making the decision to leave where he could've just rode the gravy train for as long as Velocity supported it making a fair bit at the same time.

Well that's wheeler dealers done then as basically Edd China is wheeler dealers!

Hope he gets a good show/slot somewhere in the UK. Would be great on TG.

Caporegime
Not really understanding the hate for this.

The last series was dire but this series seems really good? Not finding much to criticise and don't understand why everyone is so anti Harris.

It's an enjoyable car show now.

Agreed. I am really enjoying it actually.

Le Blanc is very watchable/natural. Harris is pretty watchable and I think will get even more comfortable as a presenter.

My only gripe is Rory Reid, who I think is trying too hard (a bit like Chris Evans did) and isn't a great fit with the other two personality wise.

Mind you, i find Hammond very annoying as well but he at least seems to gel better with Clarkson and May.

Last edited:
Soldato
watched 10 mins of it, wow its shockingly bad.

Managed to see a couple of episodes at my mates house now with a beer - christ its awful isn't it - well.......ok that's abit harsh, the forced friendship of the presenters is utter cringe worthy (as it was in the first Le Blanc series), its just really awk to watch, the level of cringe is off putting.

Howeverrrrr as a car show, its reasonably ok - id watch it for the cars and challenges, but its really not 'real' top gear without the 3 guys.

It's ok - best thing on TV given I hate all TV (dance, talent shows, boring drama, uggh nothings good any more) and don't watch TV a lot (only at friends houses occasionally) - however the grand tour completely destroys new TG, it nukes it from orbit - thank god for Amazon !!

Associate
Watched it for the first time since the original, didn't watch tthe first incarnation, can't stand Chris Evans, It was terrible, Le Blanc sounded like he was reading an autocue all the time, very wooden, I won't bother watching any more

Man of Honour
the forced friendship of the presenters is utter cringe worthy

Does take quite a bit of getting past - ruins quite a lot of the rest of the show that isn't really that bad at all - even if they alternate some of the presenters they really need a 3rd person in the mix who is a bit more natural to make it all work.

Soldato
The bit at the end where they tried to make a bit deal of 'they agreed on something'. It's their 3rd ep together... clearly taking the previous three guys bit and doing it about 5 years too early.

Back
Top Bottom