1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. doodah

Capodecina

TYT did a piece on this recently. I think from a billion votes, there were 10s of instances. And across several decades, low hundreds. Nothing like over exaggerating a non-issue from the right wing.

So Corker and his one extra penny with the deficit, Graham and firing Sessions and Ryan and his brave promise he would never defend Trump again.

Spinetilitous seems to be spreading..."a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything" (shamelessly stolen but very apt).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 4:40 PM
  2. Evangelion

Capodecina

(Source).

3. garnett

Mobster

With the additional proviso that they require deft application by a skillful and diligent white house, so watching Trump trying to follow Obama's lead is like when the clowns come on after the acrobats.

4. timmeh

Mobster

I see a tonne of Trump supporters are saying what Jim Acosta did 'assaulting' that intern was awful yet they stand and support a man who admitted he grabs women's genitals, among other things. I can't get my head around the mental gymnastics.

5. Stretch

Capodecina

This is getting totally out of hand. I’m beginning to think trump might not go quietly.

6. ElliorR

Sgarrista

I know this is SC and not GD but that post made me think of this :D

7. dl8860

Wise Guy

You have Trump supporters saying 'This is the Dems threshold for assault, so they can't complain', as if a couple of SJW's have somehow managed to change the law and what constitutes assault. It's amazing.

8. dowie

Caporegime

I think context is key here... the intern tried to snatch the mic first and frankly the fact the intern was a woman shouldn't make any difference. The reporter was being a bit of a douche in so far as he'd asked his couple of questions and there were other reporters in the room the mic should have been passed to, but he hardly "assaulted" her as people are claiming, she made a grab for the mic first and he put his arm out.

As for Trump grabbing pussy, again context needed, this has no relevance to any alleged assault, he was bragging/referring to the things women allowed him to do as a "celebrity". Some women allowed him to go a bit further than grabbing their pussy too - see Stormy Daniels for an example.

9. Kyo

Mobster

Looks like a version of Jim Acosta's "Assault" video posted by Sarah Sanders was doctored to make his block with his arm look more forceful than it actually was. Here is quite a good explanation of how. You can pretty much guess the reason why and who was behind it but it's going to be hard proving it. You would have thought it pretty risky making afraudulent video but nothing from this administration surprises me anymore.

10. garnett

Mobster

Amazing stuff.

Clumsy deception from the white house.

Setting the bar low for any tinpot demagogue who wants to follow the example of POTUS Donnie.

11. Evangelion

Capodecina

This video is doctored, and the best part is that it comes from Infowars. So Sanders has used a fake video from a notorious conspiracy site.

12. Rroff

Man of Honour

Ouch they completely made a pigs ear of trying to explain that on a technical level - just for starters the eye is in no way limited to 24-25fps in any shape or form.

13. DisrupTor75

Wise Guy

Has anyone read the comments on that video? It's stunning how far people will go to defend Trump's admin even in the face of clear evidence of tampering.

14. ICDP

Wise Guy

Wow, way to take away the completely wrong message from that. The issue is the video was proven to be doctored and the reason (despite them avoiding it) is to make it look like Jim Acosta did a chopping and more aggressive movement than his actual smooth and purely defensive block.

Instead of coming across as smart, you look like you are deflecting from the real issue because the fact they got that one point wrong, it does not detract from the main point.

It's like someone saying "I saw him stab that guy with a sword", only for a smart arse to pointlessly state "technically, it was a cutlass"

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 10:44 PM
  15. Secret_Window

Mobster

There appears to be a big support base for Trump in the UK too. You only have to look at the comments on Sky news tweets and videos about Trump on YouTube. It's absolute blind ignorance even in the face of clear evidence proving otherwise like you say. It is as though they know the truth, but they choose to not believe in any truth because it doesn't align with their views/agenda.

The whole Trump phenomena and devout support is like a cult, with Trump regarded as some sort of Messiah who can solve the problems in America and the West. Frankly in this case, he is more of a false Prophet leading people astray, but that's populism for you.

16. ajf

Mobster

Re the video, what I don’t understand, even if he did touch/push her intentionally why is that an issue?
    She tries to grab his microphone first. Would it really be wrong to try and push her away from that?
    It was hardly assault!

17. Rroff

Man of Honour

Hah amusing how people lose all objectivity when it comes to Trump - guilty or not in any other case people would want the technical process behind showing something as proof to be nailed down - his analyse other than showing that there is indeed some glitches with the video is completely wrong on every technical level and doesn't even touch on the why or look into possible explanations such as the well known fact that various encoder issues can cause frame skipping, etc.

Nothing smart arse about me pointing out that things like "the human eye can only see 25 fps" a well known fallacy is presented in the video as fact. When people depart from things like due process they are just as bad as the likes of Trump no matter the justification or X is worse than me deflection.

18. timmeh

Mobster

I thought Buzzfeed News analysed it and found that it was done intentionally and was a side effect of the way it was exported?

19. Rroff

Man of Honour

My post is just about the video linked above - I've not followed it to see if someone has done a more indepth analysis - I don't even disagree/agree with the findings just that at a technical level what is being presented in that video linked above is all over the place - talks a lot of stuff that isn't even relevant to analysing this video while getting most of the concepts wrong.

20. Evangelion

Capodecina