1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. timmeh

Mobster

They're all about small government and want private companies to control everything. Healthcare, prisons, etc etc

Mueller has come out and said Manafort violated his plea deal by lying to investigators. I guess he’s going back to jail

2. viathinair

Wise Guy

Scary stuff regarding private prisons, which I researched a few years ago. One judge in Texas (IIRC) was prosecuted and found guilty (fortunately) of accepting bribes from a company that ran private prisons, in order for the judge to give harsher sentences to keep the local private prison full. Not only that, but private prisons in the US are (in some states) incentivised to maintain a certain amount of prisoners to get government funding. Again, scary stuff. There are private prisons in the UK but the situation isn't as bad from what I found - still, Brits should also be concerned.

3. Evangelion

Capodecina

4. Jono8

Caporegime

5. doodah

Capodecina

The very concept of a private prison is immoral, no place in society especially one as corrupt as America.

6. viathinair

Wise Guy

Generally agreed. I'm a Brit living the US (Oklahoma). America does seem to me like a corrupter, worse version of the UK in several ways. But as I still visit and have ties to the UK, there's something I'd like to stress: the UK can become more like the US if enough people fall low enough, which I think is happening. I'm not talking about Brexit or anything in particular - Brits need to realise how good they have it and work to protect it. Don't get me wrong: I do give America some credit, as its had an incredible amount of immigration/change, a hugely diverse landscape and population, and of course it has produced many things I personally value (e.g. I just started getting into Breaking Bad tonight and ******* love it) or any degree of human innovation/whatever - Americans aren't completely separate from us. However, it's 2AM here and I'm tired, and I hope you get what I'm saying.

7. The Geezer

Wise Guy

The biggest thing going for us is we won't don't subscribe to the 'American Dream' with the fallacy of hardwork and you'll make it. This has corrupted Americans more than any other nation IMHO, here in the UK we still support our vulnerable even with limited resources. Society will never get far when it's every man for themselves, you know where the rich stay healthy and sick remain poor.

8. doodah

Capodecina

9. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

That isn't really what he said at all. So yep, you do have nothing.

10. doodah

Capodecina

So what did he say? Because he seems to have a history of know **** all about the issue.

Some slim pickings if that's your only argument...

11. Kyo

Mobster

He is definitely counting on Trump bailing him out as he sinking fast. Do you think Trump will have the audacity to pull it off not to mention conflict of interest but when has that stopped him?

You heard Trump in that video he doesn't believe it and then went on about how his country is cleaner than everyone else "Right now we are the cleanest its ever been. If we are clean every other place is dirty then that's not so good". It is utter nonsense is it some crazy notion that if your clean then there is no global warming?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  12. doodah

Capodecina

Yes. Absolutely. It's just whether those around him will allow it.

13. jsmoke

Sgarrista

How can you watch this and not see that there is a massive coordinated network of very corrupted people in the US system that are hellbent on destroying the country. This is just the tip of the iceberg and yet they have nothing on Trump. I really don't get a lot of you in here I thought you were at least logical and could join the most basic of dot structures.

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

15. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

He has a somewhat valid point, the majority of pollution comes unchecked from these Nations, its a bit of a fallacy because everyone should be doing their part, but I mean 90~% of the worlds plastic in the oceans comes from just 10 rivers in China/India/Pakistan.

16. wesimmo

Mobster

Wow. He literally said "I don't believe it."

How is that not disputing the findings?

17. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Personally I think YouTube is miraculous technology.

One of the most stupid things I think I've ever heard.

The centuries of science that led to the creation of platforms like YouTube is unbelievable yet your dissing it as rubbish. The guy names names, dates, events and puts it all together, he does it with conviction, he doesn't sound like he's lying to me, he been a cop and fed agent for many years and has inside knowledge of what's going on. You've just swallowed the wrong pill as they say.

18. wesimmo

Mobster

You're not talking about the same thing.

Plastic in the oceans is a massive issue but largely separate to climate change.

We're talking about green house gasses in the main when looking at climate change, and the US has the amongst the highest output of CO2 per capita in the world.

19. chroniclard

Capodecina

20. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Youtube is great, but not for politics as it'll just suggest echo chamber BS.

Anytime someone here posts videos about 'Tommy' or Lauren Southern or something that I click on for a few minutes, I end up with loads of right-wing crap infecting my 'suggested videos' feed

"SJW FEMINIST GETS OWNEDDD!"