1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. The Geezer

Wise Guy

The Dems have put through separate Bills to fund each department however the Senate has turned them down unless they fund the wall explicitly.

2. doodah

Capodecina

I'm sure Susan Collins, the bastion of 'moderate' Republicans, will have something to say about this and do absolutely nothing to actually act on it.

3. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

One battle at a time, to replace the judges they need to be in power first.

4. doodah

Capodecina

Isn't that what they have been doing for the last two years though? I'd be happy with two SC positions alone, and they have packed lots of lower circuit courts with their picks.

Plus I am not sure Ruth Bader-Ginsburg is going to last much longer :( - and there isn't enough irony and hypocrisy in the universe to see what might be coming :p:rolleyes: (not nominating a SC a year before an election).

5. FTM

Soldato

do you think he just forgets things he said...like making mexico pay for the all, or does he think other people will have forgotten?

6. Sleepery

Sgarrista

I think he got away with saying whatever he wanted for so long in business that now he's in politics he can't stop his mouth from getting him into trouble.

7. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

I do, I think its because he doesn't think before he opens his mouth. he goes on gut instinct, which has its place, but its not for the President.

8. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Mexico has already paid for the wall with all the monies the US takes off them for stuffs and now it is the democrats that wont give him that money back. Do keep up.:p

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Trump isn't behaving like an autocrat, he's behaving like the fascist he is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire

10. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

Exactly my point. Either Obama said it first so trump didn't think of this great idea, or Obama is talking about something else

11. Kyo

Mobster

Couldnt agree more. If he gets his way this will be his one trick pony to getting what he wants when he wants. He doesnt care what happens to the people as it doesnt affect him. So piling it down to the democrats to back down when he dug himself into a corner will let him off the hook.

Going by that logic does that mean, China, UK, Europe and why not the world has paid for the wall too. It beyond silly how we are all trying to rationalise what the orange booger meant then interprete what he actually said when he can just change his mind/intent/meaning/lies/reality in a moments notice. It yet another example where his mouth has dug another hole and then as usual he has taken zero responsibility and lets everyone fill it for him. Ever the Con man with his bag of tricks but now on a presidential scale.

12. doodah

Capodecina

Dog meet whistle.

13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Those "profit" don't go to the US government, it goes to the people and companies who do businesses with Mexico, i.e. the Taxpayers. So basically what you end up with is the taxpayers are paying for it. Not Mexico.

Do keep up.

14. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Just in case.

15. timmeh

Mobster

Prepping to announce a national emergency then.

16. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

If Trump is going to call a lot of National Emergency every time Nancy say No to him, which there will be plenty.

It’s going to be an amazing 2 years.

17. doodah

Capodecina

If Chuck Grassley is saying it's a bad idea, it probably is.

18. Trusty

Sgarrista

Where was the question though?

19. Trusty

Sgarrista

No, what are you talking about. go check the stats.

~45,000 per month are apprehended across the border on average. Ranges from 30,000 to 70,000 depending on the year/month.

it seems insane to me.

This was on the BBC the other day.

https://imgur.com/a/4m6oRB1

It seems pretty consistent..

.. obviously getting a really accurate figure is difficult because they cant stop everyone

20. Flibster

Caporegime