1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. doodah

Capodecina

Let's not forget tanned suits (except when McConnell wears one) and dijon mustard. Speaking of distractions, as horrible as attacking a dead man is - can the US press remember much more pertinent things are going on like Trump's budget.

2. timmeh

Mobster

From what I've seen of the transcript (can't find it right now) he and Fox had an agreement not to ask questions about McCain but it came up anyway.

It sounds like the only reason he doesn't like McCain is because McCain did the right thing taking the dossier to the FBI to investigate rather than taking it to Trump for him to bury.

3. wesimmo

Wise Guy

4. StriderX

Capodecina

5. Evangelion

Capodecina

Not quite.

American Jews nearly always vote Democrat, and they're overwhelmingly opposed to any policies that will generate more conflict between Israel and her neighbours. White Republicans are the ones who push the hardcore pro-Israel stuff.

6. stockhausen

Capodecina

I seem to recall that Paxman once asked Blair if he and Bush prayed together.

I don't think that anyone would ask the same question about Agent Orange who seems to believe that he is the new "Crusading" Messiah come to save the Israelites from the wicked Philistines.

7. timmeh

Mobster

Why is it that the GOP sucks up to Israel so much and anything negative said about them is classed as anti-semitism?

8. StarShock

Wise Guy

The gop really like selling weapons to people

9. doodah

Capodecina

They're literally picking this story from their ****.
    What speculation? One network even said as soon as Friday, who said that?

Edit - OK fair enough. The one time I really hammer home their guessing game and I get it completely wrong :o:p. That explains his recent behaviour.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  10. timmeh

Mobster

11. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Yeah BBC reporting that as breaking news as well.

12. Jono8

Caporegime

Is this true?

Heard reports that a US DOJ plane was in London today as well.

**** is going down

13. doodah

Capodecina

So I guess it won't be huge revelation some hoped for? As no more indictments were made.

Anything but the most clearest of smoking guns will be spun with probably some effectiveness. However I think this report should be seen as the beginning of a long and treacherous legal battle for Trump and his associates.

I am very keen to see how Barr defines transparency.

14. timmeh

Mobster

The NYT article said that Mueller has handed in "a report". Made it sound like there could be more. Might just be the way it was written though.

15. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

16. Jono8

Caporegime

It interesting, because a few days ago they pushed back Gates' sentencing because they said he was still cooperating in several ongoing investigations. They also recommended that he didn't testify to Congress yet. Also the mystery subpeona against that unknown foreign firm is unresolved. We also have Roger Stone's trial etc.

Also, we know Flynn and Gates have cooperated at great length (and that Gates still is)....but about what? Mueller recommended no jail time for Flynn due to his extensive cooperation. I don't believe we know what information Flynn gave yet do we?

Still seems that there is a lot that isn't finished.

17. doodah

Capodecina

Who would have thought corporate tax revenue would go down after the 2017 tax cut?

Wow, not even half way an already over half a trillion. What wonderful timing from the Treasury Department with this news....

Hhhhmmm assuming there are illegal acts involved, not feeling confident about it's redacted release. He chose Barr for a reason.

18. jsmoke

Soldato

You guys must be hacked off about this then. I'm not a big trump fan even though I have defended him, he has a very sleazy side however I never really thought he colluded. I do think he's better for the US than the democrats though.

19. doodah

Capodecina

We should have had bets who would have first popped up with an obligatory "I'm not a big Trump fan".

I assume jsmoke, in an economic sense, thinks the budget deficit would be in fact worse than it's current record breaking month if the Democrats were in power.

20. C.R.A.Z.Y

Mobster

If you're a corporation or a billionaire, the rest of the US have been screwed by him.