1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. doodah

Capodecina

They're literally picking this story from their ****.
    What speculation? One network even said as soon as Friday, who said that?

Edit - OK fair enough. The one time I really hammer home their guessing game and I get it completely wrong :o:p. That explains his recent behaviour.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. timmeh

Mobster

3. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Yeah BBC reporting that as breaking news as well.

4. Jono8

Caporegime

Is this true?

Heard reports that a US DOJ plane was in London today as well.

**** is going down

5. doodah

Capodecina

So I guess it won't be huge revelation some hoped for? As no more indictments were made.

Anything but the most clearest of smoking guns will be spun with probably some effectiveness. However I think this report should be seen as the beginning of a long and treacherous legal battle for Trump and his associates.

I am very keen to see how Barr defines transparency.

6. timmeh

Mobster

The NYT article said that Mueller has handed in "a report". Made it sound like there could be more. Might just be the way it was written though.

7. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

8. Jono8

Caporegime

It interesting, because a few days ago they pushed back Gates' sentencing because they said he was still cooperating in several ongoing investigations. They also recommended that he didn't testify to Congress yet. Also the mystery subpeona against that unknown foreign firm is unresolved. We also have Roger Stone's trial etc.

Also, we know Flynn and Gates have cooperated at great length (and that Gates still is)....but about what? Mueller recommended no jail time for Flynn due to his extensive cooperation. I don't believe we know what information Flynn gave yet do we?

Still seems that there is a lot that isn't finished.

9. doodah

Capodecina

Who would have thought corporate tax revenue would go down after the 2017 tax cut?

Wow, not even half way an already over half a trillion. What wonderful timing from the Treasury Department with this news....

Hhhhmmm assuming there are illegal acts involved, not feeling confident about it's redacted release. He chose Barr for a reason.

10. jsmoke

Soldato

You guys must be hacked off about this then. I'm not a big trump fan even though I have defended him, he has a very sleazy side however I never really thought he colluded. I do think he's better for the US than the democrats though.

11. doodah

Capodecina

We should have had bets who would have first popped up with an obligatory "I'm not a big Trump fan".

I assume jsmoke, in an economic sense, thinks the budget deficit would be in fact worse than it's current record breaking month if the Democrats were in power.

12. C.R.A.Z.Y

Mobster

If you're a corporation or a billionaire, the rest of the US have been screwed by him.

13. jsmoke

Soldato

I haven't really been keeping up with this, seems it's too early to say atm as various factors are involved but your right it doesn't look good atm.

14. C.R.A.Z.Y

Mobster

People need to remember that 26 of the 34 people Mueller has charged in his investigation are Russians, along with 3 Russian companies.
    So all this nothing to do with Russia hysteria is asinine, whether trump colluded directly with the Russians remains to be seen.
    But to this point the investigation has been VERY successful, the same cannot be said for the Republican's recent waste of money investigations.

15. Yas786

Caporegime

:D this tickled me senseless lol.

Jsmoke saying he isn’t a trump supporter lol. You know it’s ok to admit you are one, we might even take his comments slightly more seriously if he would just be honest about supporting trump.....nah who am I kidding, no one with half a brain cell could take anything a trump supporter half seriously

16. jsmoke

Soldato

I meant I don't idolise Trump but I do think he was needed at the time, there were some dangerous things going on such as tensions with Russian, interference in the ME and various other things. He was always an independent using the Rep's as a platform I think. It's all calmed down now, people are used to Trump and see he's not as bad as they initially thought. Can you remember a couple of years ago, the hatred toward him was off the scale, treating him as a racist, Nazi, bigot, a madman and plenty more.

We still need to wait for the result of his economic policies but there has been growth overall I believe.

17. C.R.A.Z.Y

Mobster

wow
    You have no clue fella

18. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

Wasn't it said that Mueller wouldn't likely go after a sitting president?

I'm interested to see this report and as a trunp hater, can say for gold or bad, I'm glad it's been submitted now even if this isn't a clear smoking gun.

Trump is beyond guilty of many many many things that are enough to end him. At first it felt this report was needed, but in reality all we need is just trumps mouth and twitter to help bring him down.

19. JeditOjanen

Mobster

1) Because a lot of the American right are fundamentalists who believe the return of Israel is a prerequisite for the Rapture.

2) Because they hate Muslims.

20. Yas786

Caporegime

Hehe he lives in his own alternate reality.