1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. doodah

Capodecina

Over 30 tweets in one day at the weekend, almost all of them angry or defensive. I take it that Trump supporters have no issue with him wasting time tweeting because of reason n147.

2. StriderX

Capodecina

I think the gop will drop trump when he’s away at Camp David or his golf course, there’s no way they can get out of this now without a ‘friendly’ push.

Pence along with turtle **** will invoke the 25th.

They won’t be losing the voters, who else will they vote for? And if they do it right, they look great doing it, though there still exposed, which is probably why they haven’t done it.

3. doodah

Capodecina

Hhhhmmm it's not that easy. Trump has the GOP base fairly locked down, the GOP would need to be very careful in dumping him as they could face the wrath of the base. This is why McConnell plays along so well, Trump is very popular in Kentucky. And others have realised giving his rear side a little nose sniffle is easier for re-election/short term gain.

Plua the GOP like Trump as he connects to the base so easily/serves as their distraction machine almost perfectly and has helped pushed through some of their policies, it's just the mean tweets they don't like.

4. Jono8

Caporegime

It is going to be an interesting day today as it is the final deadline for the IRS to hand over Trumps tax returns.

5. doodah

Capodecina

What repercussions can actually happen to Mnuchin or the IRS head? Steven said he needed more time to review the request - not sure how much time you need as the law clearly states if they ask - you give.

Both are obviously going to ignore it because they fear Trump's wrath more and if this gets kicked up to the SC, Trump will get his way guaranteed.

Whilst on the subject - like clockwork, in almost all situations - when these two parties actually agree on something, it's the citizens who will pay.
    Admitedly Chuck Grassley says this won't be the case...
    But I have a really hard time believing this man on any issue*.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  6. Jono8

Caporegime

Today is the final deadline. The committee that requested it said if they don't get it today they will take that to mean that they are refuding to comply with the request. Not sure what happens from there, but i believe technically Mnuchin can be arrested.

7. doodah

Capodecina

Whilst Trump wants this to go to court and hope some appointed judge will get him out of this, it's going to be a hard justification....
    • Promised he would release them then kept changing the terms
    • Claims he can't release whilst under audit which is untrue
    • How long exactly is someone usually under audit for as this has been going on years, though he may not have been as a candidate and now is as a president
    • He claimed he gets audited all the time which I believe is also untrue, at least not year after year as he claims
    • There is a wealth of circumstantial evidence that he operates under shady financial practices e.g. massively overestimating his wealth and other lies related to bank loans
    If they could prove he wasn't under audit (before his term).....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  8. StriderX

Capodecina

And it won’t stop them arresting mnuchin, worth it tbh.

9. timmeh

Mobster

His twitter rant this morning sure makes him look worried about something. “This is the end of my presidency. I’m ******.” perhaps

10. doodah

Capodecina

Indeed...

So all bad behaviour and the country burning down around you but as long as the economy is doing well (which it isn't), everything is OK?

Daddy needs his safe space to make him feel better, plus whilst it's the most popular - Fox & Friends is down year on year. Furthermore - I know he won't be but I would be embarrassed as a nation if this show has the highest (new broadcaster) ratings.

11. timmeh

Mobster

He’s taking a swipe at Twitter saying they’re unfairly removing followers and that he’d have over 100m followers if they weren’t. They are removing his followers, the bots

12. doodah

Capodecina

Has anyone imagined what a post Trump America will be like? It's traditional presidents don't really make much comment after their terms, I wonder how much air time he will get as we know he'll be mouthing off daily.

13. Yas786

Caporegime

God help us if he loses the next election lol. He will no doubt go on about how he was cheated and lost to a rigged system etc etc.
    Of course he won’t go away quietly but hopefully the media won’t pay any attention to the slimey POS. And who knows with any luck, he might end up behind bars once he is done for.

14. doodah

Capodecina

I will certainly enjoy his deterioration as he struggles to keep relevant after his term(s).

15. timmeh

Mobster

I would rather see him lose the election that be impeached tbh.

They have so much ammo to use against Trump, just talk about his tax cut for the rich, ballooning the deficit after saying he would wipe it clean in no time, their attempt to take away healthcare from millions of people, his vetoing of the bill to end Saudi war support, his pally attitude towards hostile nations, his response to the Puerto Rico hurricane, and that doesn't even touch on any of the 'scandals'. I don't think someone else would be as much of an easy target.

I'd like to see Trump doing some of these town halls too. Can you imagine him having to answer questions and talk in depth about policy? He wouldn't have a clue.

16. Evangelion

Capodecina

In a fresh humiliation for Trump, two US soldiers were detained and disarmed by Mexican soldiers earlier this month while patrolling the southern border.

It's not a good look for the president who claimed he would solve the 'border emergency.'

He will win.

17. doodah

Capodecina

I would rather seem him lose to, the humiliation would be grand plus more importantly - it wouldn't result in President Pence which could be far worse. A few of things though....
    • Attempt at taking away healthcare from millions - I think this could be argued it already has and successfully (supposedly 7m more people have lost coverage from the current administration trying to end it by 'death by a thousand cuts' after failing to repeal)
    • We shouldn't underestimate all of those **** ups you have listed - this is the nth cycle of the GOP gaining power and ******* everything up including the economy only to be voted back in (either house or the WH). Plus the rich got their tax cuts - they will be emboldened to back the GOP heavily
    • Do not underestimate how weak and ineffective the Democrats can be, the GOP will fight tooth and nail and poor old Chuck can collapse quicker than the Flash. However they have been much more resolved/better since retaking the House
    • His approval rating is still on 41% (average), which is down slightly but still a worryingly amount of support + coupled with gerrymandering, voter suppression and packed courts - a Democratic win is far from certain regardless of Trump's behaviour (they would have lost even more heavily last November if it weren't for gerrymandering).
    The desperation to gloss over his terrible week is so plainly obvious. And all of these things are simply false :p.

18. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

So the Idiot in Chief is coming to the UK again. He's going to love all those protestors and Trump baby balloons. I'd imagine the young royals will be heading abroad so as to avoid having to be at the State dinner. They've made no secret of how they can't stand the man.

19. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

not denying that to be true, but can you back that up with anything as i've yet to see any suggestion? of course you can see the connection with harry and obama, but other than that i'm yet to find much to suggest a clear dislike of trump.

20. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Well.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a12267086/donald-trump-royal-family/
    For a start.