1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. EvilSooty

Gangster

I understand why people despise Trump as I do too. He's a lying warmongering charlatan who only cares about enriching himself.

But that also describes the entire American political class, Democrat and Republican, that stand any chance of being elected so who cares? It's theatre.

Shakespeare sums all this drivel up perfectly:

"Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."

2. drunkenmaster

Caporegime

This is a completely pointless argument attempt to make both sides sound equal.

Did Obama persist in making a trade war that was effecting prices around the world for products for us all.... no he didn't. Did Obama persist with policies that have an incredibly high chance to cause another worldwide recession... no he didn't. Did Obama stoke up war with, well anyone really, no. He inherited Iraq and Libya and other ISIS stuff was a consequence of the Iraq war (and persistent military action in the middle east). Was is pursuing war with Iran, nope, was he trying to help reduce sanctions on Russia, NK, others, nope.

To say that there is no difference is beyond simply not knowing, it's being intentionally misleading. Trump is pushing many many policies that effect the UK in a very direct way and effect the world at large in a negative way dramatically worse than the democrats really ever came close to doing.

Also if you don't think climate change will have an effect on us, and if you think the democrats will enact all the same policies as Trump and the GOP around climate change, well again, you're being intentionally misleading here.

Democrats are pro business, but in effect say hey, have 95% of the profits, the 5% will help give us health care and protect the environment, and also you know, war is bad, lets not start more all the time because you want them. REpublicans are all about well, 5% to help other people, lets make that 99%, and protecting the health of the poor, that costs money, no, protecting the environment, no that costs money, screw them.

Democrats are absolutely for business and for the rich, but that 5% makes zero difference to the elite and a MASSIVE difference to everyone else. You can make shedloads of money AND protect the environment, it just means a marginal hit to monumental profits so large they make absolutely no difference to the lives of anyone owning these companies. Oh I made 700million this year instead of 650million..... my life is completely and utterly different now.

If they were the same, then how come Trump's policies are so completely different to Obama's?

3. DisrupTor75

Wise Guy

Good lord he's having another twitter meltdown :D

4. doodah

Capodecina

Trump - the Chinese will pay for the cost of the tariffs
    Kudlow - they won't, Americans likely will

Imagine having such little shame you publicly praise people just because they are nice to you.

5. Kyo

Mobster

It is funny how Trump who is this self imposed Master and expert on Tariffs continue to not know how they work or how it impacts on the economy. Trump wont be pleased with Larry, he can still order him to agree with him like he did with McGahn. Ironic how he by example continues to do the very thing the Mueller report accuses him of doing which he desperately denies.

6. timmeh

Mobster

or praising someone and yourself in one tweet.

7. Evangelion

Capodecina

The Dow has plunged more than 600 points, as China takes the upper hand in Trump's trade war.

8. JRS

Capodecina

*slow clap*

9. timmeh

Mobster

Pity he can't do the same thing to the US debt...

10. Yas786

Caporegime

Lol definitely doing a great job of making America great ;)

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

On the other hand quite masterful if your goal is bankrupting the US and China - can't quite put my finger on who that would benefit but I'm sure there was someone.

12. Evangelion

Capodecina

Trump supporter starts crowdfunding campaign to 'build the wall.' Donations pour in... and he pockets a chunk of change.

[​IMG]

(Source).

Details here. Turns out this isn't his first scam.

Meanwhile, as China tightens her grip on Trump's neck, he begs Americans to stop buying from companies that use Chinese manufacturing.

Unfortunately this includes John Deere, and other agricultural suppliers relied on by the US farmers currently suffering under Trump's tariffs...

:D

13. Yas786

Caporegime

Haha I heard that guy was a scam artist, it was a few mths back when I read an article about him. No sympathy from me for the mugs that donated to him though lol.

Stupid is as stupid does.

14. doodah

Capodecina

Isn't he committing fraud though? Or do they have lax to no laws regarding this in America :p?

15. Evangelion

Capodecina

Yes he's committing fraud, and I expect legal action will follow.

16. wesimmo

Wise Guy

Trump's narcissism and need to get judges appointed that will garner support from the uneducated is now resulting in Wade Vs Roe coming under real threat.

Backward bloody country, they bang on about Muslims and Islam, American Christianity is nearly as extreme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48275795

17. Kyo

Mobster

Well all going according to plan if bankruptcy is the goal. However i doubt he would admit it because in Trump's mind he right and everyone else is wrong. Soya Bean Farmers losing 50% of their trade and more to come. Like his past he failed on so many business ventures, so may as well add the country's economy to it to complete that record.

18. doodah

Capodecina

And he's already suggesting they are going to do another bailout for the farmers, to the tune of ~$15bn so nearly $30bn in less than two years. Great job.
    An actual argument to a judge used by Trump's attorneys regarding his blocking of subpoenas!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  19. The Geezer

Wise Guy

I saw this the other day the counter put forward was that Nixon and Watergate would have never lead to prosecution due to a law not existing.

20. Jono8

Caporegime

What makes me furious is that the same people appear to not give a **** about children when they are actually born.

These satirical, but damingly true articles say it all:

https://newsthump.com/2017/01/28/we...ees-before-they-were-born-confirm-pro-lifers/

https://newsthump.com/2017/09/06/ja...oment-they-come-out-of-a-poor-persons-vagina/