1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. timmeh

Mobster

Tbf, we should be giving him credit for not calling it Eggland.

2. doodah

Capodecina

Confused as to why no one has asked Trump if an opponent gets oppo research on him from a foreign government - he'd be okay with that. The press should he hammer the WH asking ten to specifically point out where in the law it says Wray was wrong about contacting the FBI.

3. timmeh

Mobster

Sarah Sanders is leaving her position as Press Sec. It's quite fitting that Trump announced it with a false statement about the length of her service :D

4. Yas786

Caporegime

Because the media is complicit in enabling Trump to get away with the **** he says constantly.

None of them have a backbone to challenge this utter cretin. So what if their press credentials get taken away?? Maybe this is what should be happening, stop giving him attention to spout his nonsense.

5. The Geezer

Wise Guy

6. Evangelion

Capodecina

Nixon and Reagan must be laughing hysterically in the afterlife right now. Trump makes them look like saints.

7. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Still no sign of his followers, perhaps his stupidity hasn't peaked yet? :D

8. doodah

Capodecina

The GOP in full condemnation mode.....:rolleyes:
    I swear I saw someone from the WH claim Trump was talking about Comey when he said the 'FBI director was wrong'. Wow! George Stephanopoulos made it perfectly clear he was talking about Wray.

He's also digging a bigger hole regarding Don McGahn, doubling down on his claim he didn't ask him to fire Mueller.

9. StriderX

Capodecina

Now all we need is for someone to approach the president and record him taking information, i suspect Putin has already done this several times by now.

Not that it would matter, Trump could literally murder Obama right now and get away with it, ******* useless party.

10. Evangelion

Capodecina

Bernie Bros getting ready to sabotage Warren, just like they sabotaged Clinton:

(Source).

(Source).

They're determined to get their old white guy instead of a woman.

11. JeditOjanen

Mobster

They're determined to get a left winger instead of a right winger. In 2016 Hillary was actually further right than Trump, albeit a bit lower on the Authoritarian/Libertarian axis. Warren isn't quite as bad, but she's still not great. She would be advised to offer Sanders the VP slot if she wins the nomination.

12. StriderX

Capodecina

I dont get it... she's the closest one to Sanders along with being young enough to actually have the energy to deal with things in a manner that actually respects the position of the country.

He should make her VP and she should make him VP, that would be the best outcome honestly.

13. SPG

Soldato

Well Trump seems to be gearing up for WAR with IRAN.... Carrier fleet in the area and 3 months later oil tankers in flames, probably a little tin foil hat in that regards but I would not put anything past the USA when it comes to waging wars and not really doing very well.

14. doodah

Capodecina

Whilst I don't agree with it, I can at least understand the reluctance of some not wanting to vote for Clinton (though I would never vote Trump over her) but Warren? Warren's left ear is more progressive than Clinton's whole political life.

Trump's response regarding NK's missile test. Funny I don't remember this attitude with Iran.

Edit - well if this turns out to be true....in an ideal world heads should be rolling...
    So we have had Pompeo repeatedly blame Iran with no proof, then we got some night vision footage of a speedboat and now the very people who were attacked saying the Yanks are lying. At least Bush and Cheney put the effort in with their deceitful justification - Pompeo is just so brazen/doesn't give a flying ****.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  15. Evangelion

Capodecina

But Warren is a solid left winger. She's easily as left wing as Sanders, with the added bonus that she's unlikely to die on the job.

Also, it's difficult to be taken seriously as a progressive voter when you prefer the left wing old white guy over the left wing woman.

16. kinetic747

Wise Guy

17. doodah

Capodecina

More turmoil from Trump's tax cuts....
    I don't think any major predictions have happened yet, other than those for corporations and the wealthy. A recession would be the showstopper and may very well happen next year, though I can almost imagine a recession hitting very early on into a possible Democratic president and the Republicans blaming them from the get go. Corporate tax revenues have fallen 40% in two years FFS :mad::(!

Edit - Blackburn/McConnell blocked another House approved bill that would have tightened election laws from foreign influence. The GOP are so emboldened now, they don't care about the consequences.....
    • McConnell blocked Obama from altering the nation about Russian interference (and the fool actually played along)
    • The GOP blocked a $250m bill to toughen up voting machines
    • McConnell receiving donations from voting machine lobbyists is just a coincidence
    • Trump and his team openly accepted help from the Russian government
    • Trump has now essentially invited foreign nations to provide oppo research on his opponents
    • The administration lifting sanctions on Oleg Derepaska and then his state supposedly receiving a large investment from a business/associate linked to him is also another massive coincidence
    We are watching Gilead in the making and no one is stopping it....

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  18. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

Trump and that vile white supremacist Hopkins only pick on Khan because he’s brown and even worse a Muslim.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1140152879946375168

London is 10th in the list of areas of risk in the UK. Going after those areas doesn’t suit their agenda.

19. Jokester

Don

Nothing worse than a hypocrite, meanwhile there's an average of more than 100 gun deaths a day in the US.

20. Dolph

Man of Honour

Why highlight gun deaths as if they are different from other types of death?